Windows 10: Windows stuck in restart loop, "Restoring your previous version of Windows"

Discus and support Windows stuck in restart loop, "Restoring your previous version of Windows" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7572 with 500GB SSD containing Windows OS, 1TB HDD containing my dataI tried reverting to Windows 10 from Windows 11 within a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by UtakarshAggarwal, Mar 24, 2022.

1. Windows stuck in restart loop, "Restoring your previous version of Windows"

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7572 with 500GB SSD containing Windows OS, 1TB HDD containing my dataI tried reverting to Windows 10 from Windows 11 within a week. On doing this my laptop went into a restart loop for 15 hours of "Restoring your previous version of Windows".I searched others threads too but there is no clear cut answer on how to solve this problem.I tried using my external boot drive to go to Advanced Startup Settings.There I have tried all troubleshoot options but all of them show the problem that there is no restore point available in my laptop, and so now I might have to use "Reco

:)

UtakarshAggarwal, Mar 24, 2022

2. Windows stuck on previous restoring loop

Hi Mandy,

When an update to a newer version of Windows 10 is not successfully installed the device will automatically rollback to the previous version. If the device is stuck in a loop of restoring the previous version of Windows, this could be caused by system files
    that got corrupted. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any other changes made prior to the issue occurring?
    • Were there any error messages that showed up when you saw the restore loop?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you completed?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Mar 24, 2022
  3. Stuck in a restoring your previous version of windows loop

I just updated windows 10 and it restarted the PC and it's stuck in a loop of ”restoring your previous version of windows”. How do i get it to start properly?

Freddie Tan, Mar 24, 2022
  4. Windows stuck in restart loop, "Restoring your previous version of Windows"

Windows 10 Stuck on “Restoring your previous version of Windows” loop

I don't wish to be rude, but you are singularly failing to address the issue here. Basically, these people, like me have got their computer stuck in a loop. The machine keeps starting, trying to restore, failing and restarting and trying to restore and
    restarting and ... (well, you get the picture).

There is no process or procedure that can be operated because .. well ... the machine won't start because it's stuck in the loop.

Please try to offer a practical solution to a problem that your company has created.

I suggest that the first step to resolution is to actually read the questions and address the issue - which is 'we can't get our machines to start because they're stuck in this damned loop'. Tell us how to get out of the loop first.

Please!

MarcTurner56, Mar 24, 2022
Thema:

Windows stuck in restart loop, "Restoring your previous version of Windows"

1. Windows stuck in restart loop, "Restoring your previous version of Windows" - Similar Threads - stuck restart loop

2. Stuck on an endless loop of "Restoring your previous version of Windows"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on an endless loop of "Restoring your previous version of Windows": Hi, so I accidentally updated my laptop to Windows 11 from Windows 10. So I tried to revert my laptop back to Windows 10, but now it's just stuck on an endless loop of "Restoring your previous version of Windows" screen...
  3. Stuck on an endless loop of "Restoring your previous version of Windows"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on an endless loop of "Restoring your previous version of Windows": Hi, so I accidentally updated my laptop to Windows 11 from Windows 10. So I tried to revert my laptop back to Windows 10, but now it's just stuck on an endless loop of "Restoring your previous version of Windows" screen...
  4. Restoring your previous version of Windows loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring your previous version of Windows loop: Hi Microsoft, I have been facing a problem, which is "restoring your previous version of windows " loop.I am very frustrated with this problem . I can't access my laptop for several days with this I can't do my work.I have tried many things from YouTube but didn't work and I...
  5. Windows stuck in restart loop, "Restoring your previous version of Windows"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows stuck in restart loop, "Restoring your previous version of Windows": I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7572 with 500GB SSD containing Windows OS, 1TB HDD containing my dataI tried reverting to Windows 10 from Windows 11 within a week. On doing this my laptop went into a restart loop for 15 hours of "Restoring your previous version of Windows".I...
  6. Restoring your previous version of windows restart loop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring your previous version of windows restart loop.: I decided to switch back to windows 10 from 11, and when I did, it restarted my computer, and says restoring your previous version of windows. it then restarts again, says the same thing, rinse and repeat for over an hour now. There is no way to access settings or anything to...
  7. Restoring your previous version of windows restart loop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring your previous version of windows restart loop.: I decided to switch back to windows 10 from 11, and when I did, it restarted my computer, and says restoring your previous version of windows. it then restarts again, says the same thing, rinse and repeat for over an hour now. There is no way to access settings or anything to...
  8. Restoring your previous version of windows restart loop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. stuck in a loop of "restoring your previous version" and restarting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    stuck in a loop of "restoring your previous version" and restarting: I can't get access to any tools to allow me to do anything to get back to a previous state. I've tried following instructions to restart from an inserted disk, or starting from command prompt, but it always reverts back to "Restoring your previous version of Windows..." and...
  10. Restoring Your Previous Version of Windows – Stuck or in a Loop

in Windows 10 News
    Restoring Your Previous Version of Windows – Stuck or in a Loop: [ATTACH] Many a time when Windows 10 Update fails, it tries to restore it to the previous version of Windows to give you back a working Windows 10 PC. While most of the time it works, sadly if it is either [...] This post Restoring Your Previous Version of Windows – Stuck or...