Windows 10: Windows stuck on loading after login, then freezes once in

Discus and support Windows stuck on loading after login, then freezes once in in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have 2 issues that do not happen all the time and may or may not be related. - First issue is when I turn on my PC and type in my password and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by skdew, Apr 10, 2021.

1. skdew Win User

Windows stuck on loading after login, then freezes once in

I have 2 issues that do not happen all the time and may or may not be related.

- First issue is when I turn on my PC and type in my password and press enter to log in, the screen will begin flickering/flashing/stuttering as it tries to load into windows but can't and keeps trying again and again. All I can see is the outline of the windows taskbar appearing then disappearing over and over every second. During this time I can move my mouse and use the keyboard. I can bring up the task manager but nothing in there has ever solved the issue. After 5-10 minutes Windows gets over this stutter and loads me to the desktop.

- Second issue - once in my PC I frequently load up Chrome. After about 10 seconds Chrome seems to stop responding can't click on buttons or scroll webpages, then another 5 seconds later my mouse will stop moving, then another 30 seconds later the screen goes black and keyboard stops working. I have to power off the PC and restart.

Sometimes, it does come back to life before the screen going black. It seems to occur most of the time when using the browser but I have also had it happen just using windows explorer.

What have I tried... I've tried many many things including

- virus check, malware check, uninstalling my Kaspersky anti virus

- disabling different services and startup items

- using another browser edge, firefox, opera

- following many Microsoft guides on repairing important files using CMD etc...

- update gfx drivers

- updating bios and other updates managed by the Dell updater

- rolled back to a previous restore point but I don't think it was far enough back

When looking in the event viewer the only thing that looks related is this but not sure what to do with it:

"The shell stopped unexpectedly and explorer.exe was restarted." Event ID 1002 - Wlclntfy

Has anyone else experienced either of my issues and solved them?

Thanks

Si

:)

skdew, Apr 10, 2021
  2. wt_lesny Win User

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Apr 10, 2021
  3. Nick259 Win User
    Friends computer freezing at windows loading screen

Ok my friend is having problems with his computer right now. Basically it crashed on the windows loading screen. This is what he told me on MSN.

Now i'm not too sure what the problem is. I suggested doing a repair install with the xp disk (i'll be giving him that tomorrow) but in the mean time do any of you have any ideas?

Nick259, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows stuck on loading after login, then freezes once in - Similar Threads - stuck loading login

2. Windows 11 freezes after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 freezes after login: I got a new lenovo laptop a few months back. Everything went well. But once after a windows update it started to freeze for a few seconds and sometimes even a few minutes. For about 7 seconds after login I can use the computer like normal, then it completely freezes and after...
  3. Windows Not Loading After Login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Not Loading After Login: After I log into my windows, the desktop constantly flickers on and off. The taskbar also constantly flickers on and off. My desktop background does not display at all. Only once in a while will it show up and the system stabilize but then it will degenerate back into...
  4. Windows 10 freezes after login

Windows 10 freezes after login: It happened to me when I was browsing the internet, PC suddenly frozen and couldn't do anything, only mouse cursor was visible and I could move it, so I restarted, after that I couldn't run the PC correctly, cause it would always freeze after signing in. After some time the...
  5. Whatsapp will only load once after booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whatsapp will only load once after booting: Apologies if this is not an appropriate place for this but Whatsapp is an App! Windows 10 - latest download. Earlier today whist indulging in some graphic editing of a large file I had a BSOD. It's not that I am querying; it is the result it had after re-booting. I needed to...
  6. Freezes after login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Freezes after login: Every time I restart or shut down my computer, there is a chance where my computer freezes after I login. Also it attempts to update but it doesn’t even update anyways since I check the update history and it says it failed. So pretty much it resets twice. My desktop shows up...
  7. Windows 10 Freezing after login

Windows 10 Freezing after login: my HP laptop keep freezing after log in, it works for about 5 minutes as maximum then windows totally freezes, I have tried many solutions from the internet but unfortunately it was solved for 2 days then it comes back. I have run it in the safemode, and it is totally...
  8. Windows keeps freezing after login...

Windows keeps freezing after login...: Hi, I have been bothered by this error in my laptop, for almost 3-4months after been affected by trojan virus. Moving on the problem is that everytime I login to my windows it keeps on freezing after 5mins, and then I have to restart again. And keeps on repeating... I've...
  9. Windows 10 freezes once, and is fine after

Windows 10 freezes once, and is fine after: It seems that randomly Windows 10 will randomly freeze and stay like that for about 3-5 minutes (I am running on a 64-bit version of Windows 10). After this, it does not do anything again. I have also noticed my disk usage is at 100% up until this and then it goes below 90%...
  10. Freezes after windows 10 loads

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Freezes after windows 10 loads: Built a new computer and it all worked fine. Moved it to another area and now it freezes after Win 10 loads. Ran a compatibility report and all are to work together. Tried to reinstall Win10 and it can't even do that. 70055