Windows 10: Windows stuck on please wait

Discus and support Windows stuck on please wait in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello folks! I need help. Coming to point, I was facing some error related to dll (aom 0x00007b error) launching Age of Mythology. I came to know it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nik123, Aug 1, 2016.

1. nik123 Win User

Windows stuck on please wait

Hello folks!
    I need help. Coming to point, I was facing some error related to dll (aom 0x00007b error) launching Age of Mythology. I came to know it can be fixed by copying 5 dll files to system32 folder. These files are associated with visual C++ redist.
    mfc100.dll, mfc100u.dll, msvcr100.dll, msvcp100.dll and msvcr100_clr0400.dll

First 2 file were copied and rest 3 were giving permission error. So I renamed the 3 files and pasted them. Problem is I dont remember the names coz i just deleted 1-2 letter from name.
    After restarting system it is stuck on please wait screen. *Sad

Somehow I am able to boot in safe mode and system boots in safe mode without problem.
    Please help me. How can I fix this?
    I don't want to refresh or format.

:)

nik123, Aug 1, 2016

2. stuck on please wait screen

Hi I have a Lenovo laptop. I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 8.1. Now my laptop currently runs windows 10. So here is my story. I restarted my laptop because windows was saying that I was offline on the xbox app. So my laptop started back up and all
    of a sudden it showed the please wait screen I have tried everything that I could but it still said please wait. Please help me fix this problem so that i can sign in to my account.

KeeneCabahug, Aug 1, 2016
  3. stuck on please wait screen

Hi Keene,

Glad to know that the issue is resolved. If you have any further queries, please post your question and we'll be happy to help.

Rohit Siddegowda, Aug 1, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

When in safe mode perhaps you can rename the files back to what they should be. Here is a screenshot of my System32 files for comparison:
    Attachment 93679

philc43, Aug 1, 2016
  5. Ztruker Win User
    From Safe Mode, you can do a System Restore to a date before you renamed them if you have System Restore enabled.

Ztruker, Aug 2, 2016
  6. nik123 Win User
    System restore was not enabled.
    I will check the dll as per screenshot and revert. Thanks

nik123, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows stuck on please wait - Similar Threads - stuck please wait

2. RDP Stuck at please wait

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP Stuck at please wait: I have a windows 10 pc, and I am using Cisco Anyconnect VPN, and connecting to my desktop at work. I keep getting the “please wait” screen on my laptop. It never goes away. I can’t be driving 30 miles just to go reboot my PC in the office which defeats the purpose. Is there a...
  3. RDP Stuck at please wait

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP Stuck at please wait: I have a windows 10 pc, and I am using Cisco Anyconnect VPN, and connecting to my desktop at work. I keep getting the “please wait” screen on my laptop. It never goes away. I can’t be driving 30 miles just to go reboot my PC in the office which defeats the purpose. Is there a...
  4. Windows Update stuck at please wait

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update stuck at please wait: HelloI have a problem with my Windows 10 PC. After updating to the newest version, 21H1, it seems like something went wrong.First of all, I saw that in the power options from Start there still appears the options to restartAfter that, I opened settings and it is stuck at...
  5. Stuck at please wait

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck at please wait: Ive looked into other options, Idk how to do it they require a domain which I do not have since I factory reset my pc, I got this when ever I booted it up in troubleshoot because I turned it on a few times in a row and was being dumb, Anyway I selected restart instead of...
  6. Windows Update stuck at please wait

Windows Update stuck at please wait: Hello I have a problem with my Windows 10 PC. After updating to the newest version, 20H2, it seems like something went wrong. First of all, I saw that in the power options from Start there still appears the options to restart After that, I opened settings and it is stuck...
  7. Windows Update stuck at please wait

Windows Update stuck at please wait: Hello I have a problem with my Windows 10 PC. After updating to the newest version, 20H2, it seems like something went wrong. First of all, I saw that in the power options from Start there still appears the options to restart After that, I opened settings and it is stuck...
  8. Pc stuck on "Please Wait"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc stuck on "Please Wait": I think I know what the problem might be, but I am unsure on how to rectify it. Yesterday I wanted to fix an error while trying to run directx for an old game. I followed a YouTube video to open turn windows features on or off feature, which strangely wasn't loading anything...
  9. Stuck on please wait screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck on please wait screen: Hello so im trying to boot into safe mode cuz i could login in my pc i didnt forget password it was stuck on date/time screen and its stuck on blue please wait screen any help?...
  10. Windows 10 Stuck on Please wait..

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Stuck on Please wait..: I tried everything Microsoft can you help? Steps done: Resetting Booting into Safe Mode. CTRL + ALT + DELETE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-stuck-on-please-wait/c7e73fa1-674f-4b16-8fbf-6923d6f4c612