Windows 10: Windows Stuck On “Preparing Files” Step

Discus and support Windows Stuck On “Preparing Files” Step in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; so basically ive built my new PC and plugged in my usb to install windows, i go through all the steps perfectly fine and once it gets to the second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cannabis_plant, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Windows Stuck On “Preparing Files” Step

so basically ive built my new PC and plugged in my usb to install windows, i go through all the steps perfectly fine and once it gets to the second step of installation, “Getting files ready for installation” it’ll go up to about 20% and freeze, i can’t move my mouse or anything. or it’ll blue screen and show a different issue everytime. I have uninstalled and reinstalled windows to the USB 3 times and nothing has changed. help?

submitted by /u/cannabis_plant
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cannabis_plant, Apr 11, 2021

2. Computer Stuck on "Preparing to configure Windows

Hi Reegan,

Your concern regarding the stuck on preparing to configure screen in Windows can be due to changes on your device configuration/settings or broken system files. To effectively assist you with your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Windows build and version is running on your device? Type
      winver in the search box and press Enter to help you identify.
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed to resolve your concern?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run a full scan (SFC) and run a check health (DISM) command to rule out any issues related to corrupted system files which may prevent your device from starting properly.
    To do this, you can follow the steps on this Forum Article created by
    community MVP ZigZag3143.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Apr 11, 2021
  3. Nate W.H. Win User
    Windows Phone OS7.10.8112.7 (Step 6)

Hi XemnessLive,

You can find many solutions for update issues listed on the following page:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2484484

The suggestions listed for the errors of the phone being stuck in download mode and stuck at OEM splash screen may be helpful along with the general steps listed at the beginning of the article.

Please let me know if these suggestions are able to help you update.

Regards,

Nate W.H., Apr 11, 2021
  4. simrick Win User

Windows Stuck On “Preparing Files” Step

One More Step before I begin

I think it may be prudent to put together a step-by-step here.

1. You might start with the list of installed programs you provided using Ccleaner, but deleting the ones you will not reinstall (no longer necessary). Then we could make a list of everything program-wise needed for preparation. You'll need downloads/installers, keycodes (where required), and data backups.

2. A printout from Belarc or Speccy will provide a system inventory to evaluate driver requirements.

That would be how I would start. The preparation really is the longest part of it all.

simrick, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

Windows Stuck On “Preparing Files” Step

1. Windows Stuck On “Preparing Files” Step - Similar Threads - Stuck “Preparing Files”

2. Stuck on preparing to repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on preparing to repair: Hi im going to be quick cause im in a hurry with this.Short and sweet i ve tried everything. There was a power loss, my pc stopped, powered it back on repairing drivers it may take an hour, something along those lines, this went on for 2 hours i got tired and stopped the PC....
  3. Stuck on preparing to repair

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stuck on preparing to repair: Hi im going to be quick cause im in a hurry with this.Short and sweet i ve tried everything. There was a power loss, my pc stopped, powered it back on repairing drivers it may take an hour, something along those lines, this went on for 2 hours i got tired and stopped the PC....
  4. Preparing for Win11 and stuck at the "Prepare the TPM"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preparing for Win11 and stuck at the "Prepare the TPM": Preparing for Win11. Had to enable fTPM in my BIOS, thats done. In the TPM management window, I have confirmed the version to be 2.0 . The Status is TPM is ready for use. I seem to be stuck here at the Actions window as the "Prepare the TPM" is greyed out. Ive tried clearing...
  5. Preparing for Win11 and stuck at the "Prepare the TPM"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preparing for Win11 and stuck at the "Prepare the TPM": Preparing for Win11. Had to enable fTPM in my BIOS, thats done. In the TPM management window, I have confirmed the version to be 2.0 . The Status is TPM is ready for use. I seem to be stuck here at the Actions window as the "Prepare the TPM" is greyed out. Ive tried clearing...
  6. Preparing for Win11 and stuck at the "Prepare the TPM"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Preparing Windows stuck!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Preparing Windows stuck!: Hi, I wanted to change my language in Windows 10 to english. I downloaded packages and when I switched language I had to reboot pc. Now it was like 30 minutes ago and I'm stuck on "Preparing Windows. Don't turn off your computer" page. What should I do? I don't want to lose...
  8. Stuck on "Preparing to configure Windows"

Stuck on "Preparing to configure Windows": Hi all. My Surface Go was getting a bit slow so I decided to do a factory reset. But it's been hanging on the "Preparing to configure Windows. Don't turn off your computer" screen for over 5 hours. A cursory search on the net tells me this is not normal. My machine is the...
  9. Stuck at "Preparing to install"

Stuck at "Preparing to install": My Windows 10 background download was complete but now its stuck at preparing to install? Any ideas? 11628
  10. Important Step In Preparing for Win10 on Main Machine

Important Step In Preparing for Win10 on Main Machine: This morning I pulled out one of my old USB 2.0 external HDD's, and formatted it, to not only make a system image from my system disk, but also of my 2nd internal disk that's used for Libraries and backup images and File History. The time is nearing for Win10 RTM and if...