Windows 10: windows stuck on recovery and none of the options work

Discus and support windows stuck on recovery and none of the options work in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; title says it all, I'm on a rog asus gaming laptop from like 2015 I think. and I've tried yo reinstall windows but the "upgrade option" doesn't work,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Cole Atherton, Aug 3, 2022.

1. windows stuck on recovery and none of the options work

title says it all, I'm on a rog asus gaming laptop from like 2015 I think. and I've tried yo reinstall windows but the "upgrade option" doesn't work, so I did advance and installed on primary, May try to open repair options from there. please help!

:)

Cole Atherton, Aug 3, 2022

2. stuck in recovery

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that your computer is stuck in Automatic repair loop. In this case, I would suggest you to try the following methods:

Disconnect all external devices connected to the computer except essential devices like keyboard and mouse and then boot the computer and check. Sometimes, issues with external devices could cause issues with Windows startup. If the issue still persists,
    try the following methods.

Method 1: Run SFC/SCANNOW command in Windows 10:

• Left click on Start button.

• Right click on Command Prompt (Admin) option which will let you run
      'Run as administrator’.

• Command Prompt Window pops up.

• Type: SFC /SCANNOW and hit Enter.

You can also follow the link below for reference:

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Try the following steps to run DISM scan to check and restore system file corruption:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.

Method 2: If the above steps didn’t fix the issue, then I would suggest you to perform a system restore to an earlier date prior to this issue. Refer to these steps to perform a system restore from within the Windows recovery
    environment:

• When you enter the blue screen with advanced options (Windows recovery environment), click on ‘Troubleshoot’.
    • Now, click on ‘Advanced options’ and then click on ‘System Restore’.
    • Follow the prompts and choose a restore point created before this issue started.

Please let us know how it goes. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Aug 3, 2022
  3. topgundcp Win User
    How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Aug 3, 2022
  4. windows stuck on recovery and none of the options work

android recovery and kernel.img

For thouse who CAN help...:I can't enter adb (device not recognized), can't flash using stock recovery (don't really know the steps and stuck at triage and dead android when in recovery),

ELiTRiGG3R, Aug 3, 2022
Thema:

windows stuck on recovery and none of the options work

1. windows stuck on recovery and none of the options work - Similar Threads - stuck recovery none

2. Pc won't boot and none of the recovery options work - WIN 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc won't boot and none of the recovery options work - WIN 10: Hello! so the other night I was on my pc, I installed some games I bought from cex on cd and went to bed. When I woke up the next day I turned on my pc to find that it won't boot, and the auto repair stuff isn't working. I run windows from an ssd however I used to run it from...
  3. Pc won't boot and none of the recovery options work - WIN 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc won't boot and none of the recovery options work - WIN 10: Hello! so the other night I was on my pc, I installed some games I bought from cex on cd and went to bed. When I woke up the next day I turned on my pc to find that it won't boot, and the auto repair stuff isn't working. I run windows from an ssd however I used to run it from...
  4. Pc won't boot and none of the recovery options work - WIN 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. windows stuck on recovery and none of the options work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows stuck on recovery and none of the options work: title says it all, I'm on a rog asus gaming laptop from like 2015 I think. and I've tried yo reinstall windows but the "upgrade option" doesn't work, so I did advance and installed on primary, May try to open repair options from there. please help!...
  6. windows stuck on recovery and none of the options work

windows stuck on recovery and none of the options work: title says it all, I'm on a rog asus gaming laptop from like 2015 I think. and I've tried yo reinstall windows but the "upgrade option" doesn't work, so I did advance and installed on primary, May try to open repair options from there. please help!...
  7. After Windows update, I'm stuck in a loop and none of the recovery options are working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After Windows update, I'm stuck in a loop and none of the recovery options are working.: Last night my computer prompted me to restart for an update, and so I did- it seemed to be going normally until my computer rebooted and took me right into a recovery menu for Windows 10. The first option was to rollback, so I tried that- and it rebooted and took me right...
  8. Windows Defender: None of the scan options work

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender: None of the scan options work: I have Win 10 Pro 2004. Windows Defender and MalwareBytes Premium are "always on". I ran a MB scan just now - nothing found. If I click Scan Now in the Win Defender dialog, nothing happens. None of the options work. The dialog simply remains open - as if the button was...
  9. None of Windows 10 recovery options working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    None of Windows 10 recovery options working: I can’t log in to Windows 10 as the password field is not appearing on the lock screen. All the solutions for this I’ve found online need you to get past the lock screen, and I can’t - no matter how many times I shut down or restart, the password field never appears. I’ve...
  10. BSOD None of the advanced options work

BSOD None of the advanced options work: I have a Dell Inspiron 24 7000 series with Windows 10. I turned on my computer and was confronted by the BSOD. At the bottom it said Stop code: critical process died. I've tried a number of the advanced options and none of them work for me. I've tried to start my computer in...