Windows 10: Windows stuck on spinning dots

Discus and support Windows stuck on spinning dots in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I i have a desktop, which has been running Windows 10, updated from Windows 7. Yesterday when I tried to start it up, it got stuck at the black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OliverA20, May 14, 2020.

1. OliverA20 Win User

Windows stuck on spinning dots

Hi,

I i have a desktop, which has been running Windows 10, updated from Windows 7. Yesterday when I tried to start it up, it got stuck at the black screen with the Asus logo and black spinning usually, but now frozen dots. In the past it has occasionally been slow at this point, taking a few minutes but eventually getting past it, but yesterday it was stuck indefinitely.

After a few manual restarts holding down the power button it tried to start the windows recovery and also got stuck on the spinning dots screen.

I tried to boot from a USB with the Windows 10 installation media on it. When I booted from this UEFI I get stuck at the same screen. When I boot from legacy I get the Windows logo and spinning dots, also stuck.

I even tried my old Windows 7 install disk - stuck again with the four coloured dots which become the windows logo.

I could not enter safe mode. I think my solid state drive makes it impossible to do this with Shift + F8.

I was however able to run Ubuntu from a CD and get the files I wanted from my hard drive phew!.

I then realised that when loading from a disk, it's slow enough to start windows in safe mode. For some reason I could only do this with the Windows 7 disk, so I tried that. I tried to install Window 7, reformatting the largest partition of the hard drive. There were a few others which I left which used 100s of MB. The installation runs and after unpacking the disk and getting some way through the installation, the PC restarts. I then got to the windows boot menu where it asked if I wanted Windows 10 or 7, I chose 7 and an error message appeared. Sorry, I can't remember it exactly, something to do with a system 32 file missing I think.

I then installed Ubuntu, overriding Windows, in the hope that I could then install Windows afresh. When it came to installing Windows via CD or USB drive I once again get the frozen spinning dots screen.

I've even tried unplugging my graphics card, SSD, DVD drive, and extra USB ports from my motherboard, so that only the CPU and RAM is plugged in. I can use the mobo graphics and boot from the USB stick in the mobo, but I once again get to this screen with the frozon spinning dots. I've also tried isolating my RAM, but not improvement there either.

Sorry for the very long question. If someone can help I will be eternally grateful!

Many thanks,

Oliver

PC specs:

Motherboard - Asus Z170M-PLUS

CPU - Intel i5 6600K @ 3.5GHz
    Graphics - AMD Radeon R9390

RAM - 2x Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR4 8GB 2400MHz

:)

OliverA20, May 14, 2020

2. Stuck at spinning dots when installing Windows fresh.

Windows stuck on spinning dots [​IMG]

Now im stuck at this screen. I got past the spinning dots of death by removing the usb right after the first part of the install (first reboot).
    But now im stuck at this spinning dots instead (it says "förbereder" which means preparing in swedish)

Mannomorth, May 14, 2020
  3. Alexandru Win User
    Windows 10 is always stuck at spinning dots; can't reset and can't recover

I just upgraded my Alienware Aurora R4 from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. Everything seemed to go okay. I was able to log in and everything as per the usual. Then I went to reboot it, and now it stays stuck at the spinning dots (before loading Windows). I am able to get into the BIOS but I cannot do a lot of things I have been trying to do to fix it:

• Can't boot into Safe Mode (stuck at spinning dots).
    • Tried running the command prompt from the recovery screen and doing chkdsk and sfc scans. Nothing seemed to be wrong.
    • Can't System Reset (also gets stuck at spinning dots).
    • Can't boot into Windows 10 USB recovery media I made for it (tried both legacy and UEFI boot mode options, but this also is stuck at the spinning dots).
    • I unplugged all peripherals besides mouse and keyboard.
    • ePSA boot looks good; no problems found.

I have researched into this, I know that some people have successfully been able to reset after this, but not I. Similar questions haven't helped. I can't seem to do anything. I don't mind wiping this garbage PC at this point and reinstalling from scratch, but am unsure how. It looks like I may need to run some other boot software to wipe the entire system off the PC. Any suggestions?

Alexandru, May 14, 2020
  4. Windows stuck on spinning dots

Just spinning dots?

Windows 10 was working fine........restarted and stuck with spinning dots. I tried restarting with shift, F8 and still the same spinning dots.

BarryMeskin, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows stuck on spinning dots

1. Windows stuck on spinning dots - Similar Threads - stuck spinning dots

2. Acer laptop stuck on spinning dots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Acer laptop stuck on spinning dots: Hi, I have a acer laptop and when I start it the spinning dots appear for ever! I have tried to force shutdown my laptop 2-3 times and on the 3rd time 'Preparing automatic repair' and the spinning dots appear again and nothing happens after thatSpinning dots come again I have...
  3. Win10 Install Stuck on logo with no spinning dots

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 Install Stuck on logo with no spinning dots: Hi all, I'm trying to install Windows 10 from a bootable USB onto my new parts, but it just stays at the Windows logo with no spinning dots. I have left it overnight like this but it has remained on the same screen. I have used Media Creation Tool and my USB drive is...
  4. Stuck on the welcome screen with the spinning dots

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on the welcome screen with the spinning dots: I turned it on and scanned my fingerprint, and now it’s just loading eternally. Closing the lid turns the screen off, but when I wake it back up, it’s still loading. It doesn’t even respond to the power button or any combination with the escape buttons. The computer is a...
  5. Spinning dots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Spinning dots: My computer I use for my classes stated Microsoft update was due. So I waited and it auto restarted and did the update. Now all I have is spinning dots. That is it. All my student's information is on that computer plus their pictures and other events they have participated...
  6. Windows 10 is Stuck in Spinning Dots

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 is Stuck in Spinning Dots: Hi guys, I need some help. I just encountered this bizarre problem on Windows 10 64-bit (this is the second time that I encountered the problem this year). Here’s how the problem started: 1. I noticed that Windows 10 Pro 64-bit is stuck on spinning dots. I’ve waited for...
  7. spinning dots

in Windows 10 Customization
    spinning dots: let me start by saying that my laptop is working perfectly, and windows 10 is working perfectly. I turn on the laptop, it's a Dell. I get the Dell logo screen as it posts. the screen blinks and the dell logo comes back on with the spinning dots. I want to change that...
  8. Stuck at Spinning Dots

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck at Spinning Dots: I have a Dell Precision 7910 on windows 10 1803. I updated a couple weeks ago through windows update. I have booted the machine several times since updating. A few days ago I update the NVIDIA driver. I have dual K620 cards. Booted a couple of times sine that update. Today...
  9. Windows 10 boot stuck on spinning dots

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 boot stuck on spinning dots: Hey, so to start with, I have a gaming pc and a mac. My macs hardrive (bootcamped windows 10) wasnt working. So to test if its still alive, I plugged it into my gaming pc (set it as my first boot option) to see if itll boot.. and it did. The issue arises when I unplug...
  10. Stuck at spinning dots

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck at spinning dots: Hi, first of all, sorry for my bad English. My issue is pretty straight forward: last night I left my computer powered on, and when I woke up, I had a Windows update screen stuck at 100%. The mouse didn't work, everything was frozen. I restarted my PC and it froze at...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 stuck on spinning dots