Windows 10: Windows stuck on video

Discus and support Windows stuck on video in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello community! Today I found playing video with windows 10 will sometimes get it stuck on one frame and nothing can get you out unless you reset the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GamingWolfy5, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Windows stuck on video

Hello community! Today I found playing video with windows 10 will sometimes get it stuck on one frame and nothing can get you out unless you reset the pc.

I tried:

Using my headphones to stop music i was playing

Spamming shift to enable sticky keys

Pressing ALT F4

Pressing CTRL ALT DELETE

Pressing ESC

Pressing every single function key

As a content creator who has to review footage, this uprising has severely annoyed me as it locks my entire pc until I force reset it.

:)

GamingWolfy5, Jun 10, 2019
  2. chirp Win User

stuck with Windows media problem

still stuck

Darren and Reign,
    I could still use your help.

Things just aren't working and I have tried all I can think of plus your suggestions. I've done the WM codec installation. I have installed the encoder9. I have installed the community codec. I have tried to rollback the media player and reinstall various versions. Nothing has solved the problem.

Two points of interest however.
    I installed windows XP video decoder check up utility. It lists about seven or eight different decoders...none of which are recommended as preferred MPEG 2 decoders. (I downloaded the same program to my vista drive and it lists as the first item a MPEG 2 decoder. It is checked in green but is still listed as "not recommend for the system a a preferred decoder." That line item decoder does not show up in the list on the XP drive).
    Also, I downloaded Quicktime. When I attempted to play a .wma file on it the visual was brighter than it has been to this point. That was encouraging even though the image was still darkened more than it should be. Unfortunately, in an effort to download further codec components the visual seems to have fallen back to its extremely darkened screen and I can no longer make out the images.

I hope that information might trigger another thought from you as to another option that I might try.
    Thanks, chirp.

chirp, Jun 10, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 10, 2019
  4. lynx29 Win User

Windows stuck on video

help me install Lineage OS, I made a video of where I am stuck at

video here, watch at 1.25x or 1.5x speed to save time... I downloaded latest Lineage OS for my phone ZTE Axon 7 Mini, (it does not make you root the phone to install this OS and I don't want to root it, beause I want netflix still to work), well anyways, I follow all the official steps listed on lineage OS website https://download.lineageos.org/tulip and you will see in the video where I get stuck, someone help me get past this part please, thanks!

lynx29, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows stuck on video

1. Windows stuck on video - Similar Threads - stuck video

2. Desktop Messenger is stuck on the "Getting Started" screen. I saw a video that says to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Messenger is stuck on the "Getting Started" screen. I saw a video that says to...: Desktop Messenger is stuck on the "Getting Started" screen. I saw a video that says to remove Messenger credentials. Is this safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-messenger-is-stuck-on-the-getting-started/121972a7-6d24-4fb3-891f-64678bad3010
  3. Desktop Messenger is stuck on the "Getting Started" screen. I saw a video that says to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Messenger is stuck on the "Getting Started" screen. I saw a video that says to...: Desktop Messenger is stuck on the "Getting Started" screen. I saw a video that says to remove Messenger credentials. Is this safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-messenger-is-stuck-on-the-getting-started/121972a7-6d24-4fb3-891f-64678bad3010
  4. Desktop Messenger is stuck on the "Getting Started" screen. I saw a video that says to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Photos Legacy Stuck at "Looking for new photos and videos".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos Legacy Stuck at "Looking for new photos and videos".: Photos Legacy Stuck at "Looking for new photos and videos".I had connected my phone and my laptop using a USB-C cable to import images from my phone to my laptop. After plug in I launched the Photos Legacy app and started importing images to my laptop. The app did found 1000+...
  6. Photos Legacy Stuck at "Looking for new photos and videos".

Photos Legacy Stuck at "Looking for new photos and videos".: Photos Legacy Stuck at "Looking for new photos and videos".I had connected my phone and my laptop using a USB-C cable to import images from my phone to my laptop. After plug in I launched the Photos Legacy app and started importing images to my laptop. The app did found 1000+...
  7. Streaming video and audio applications buffer, get stuck skipping\repeating, and then the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Streaming video and audio applications buffer, get stuck skipping\repeating, and then the...: When watching youtube, disney+, netflix, or other streaming video services the video will stop and start buffering. Sometimes the audio will continue without the video, and other times the video comes back but the audio isnt synced up. When streaming an audio book on Audible...
  8. Streaming video and audio applications buffer, get stuck skipping\repeating, and then the...

Streaming video and audio applications buffer, get stuck skipping\repeating, and then the...: When watching youtube, disney+, netflix, or other streaming video services the video will stop and start buffering. Sometimes the audio will continue without the video, and other times the video comes back but the audio isnt synced up. When streaming an audio book on Audible...
  9. i have watched A LOT of videos of my pc being stuck on the automatic repair loop and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have watched A LOT of videos of my pc being stuck on the automatic repair loop and...: I have watched A LOT of videos of my pc being stuck on the automatic repair loop and nothing is working at all. But also what these people are doing in these videos my pc also won’t let me do so i have no idea what to do. I have put 1700 in my pc and now it’s not working and...
  10. i have watched A LOT of videos of my pc being stuck on the automatic repair loop and...

i have watched A LOT of videos of my pc being stuck on the automatic repair loop and...: I have watched A LOT of videos of my pc being stuck on the automatic repair loop and nothing is working at all. But also what these people are doing in these videos my pc also won’t let me do so i have no idea what to do. I have put 1700 in my pc and now it’s not working and...