Windows 10: Windows stuck on Welcome screen. Can't access lock screen.

Discus and support Windows stuck on Welcome screen. Can't access lock screen. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am unable to access the lock screen. Whenever I press any key, the screen moving up animation appears, but the screen goes back to the welcome image,... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ashs_95, Jul 28, 2021.

1. ashs_95 Win User

Windows stuck on Welcome screen. Can't access lock screen.

I am unable to access the lock screen. Whenever I press any key, the screen moving up animation appears, but the screen goes back to the welcome image, and lock screen is not displayed. There is no way I can sign in to my PC. I have tried startup repair using a bootable USB drive, but it didn't work. I tried fixing the boot sector using command line from the bootable USB, but 'bootrec /fixboot' command shows 'Access is denied'. I tried booting in Safe mode, but that gives me a black screen. This made me think the issue might be due to GPU driver, so I removed 1 GPU my PC has 2 but that didn'

:)

ashs_95, Jul 28, 2021
  2. gabgab Win User

Lock screen image stuck

hello,

I have one PC stuck with the mountains lock screen image and another one with a nicer but still stuck image with the "thanks for sending us feedback" caption, usually there's do you like yes or not.

Is it a problem on MS end this time? I tried the reset steps so many times, usually after 10-15 minutes the lock screen picks up when there's the mountain one for any reason, but not this time.

thanks

gabgab, Jul 28, 2021
  3. goosmurf Win User
    Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

The first suggestion is not helpful since the problem is that we have many open programs stuck behind the lock screen.

I have run into this problem and tried the On-screen keyboard but it does not help.

An additional data point is that it does not matter what password is entered.

Enter correct password -> spinner shows up, after about 30 seconds the spinner goes away and the screen remains locked.

Enter blank password (simply hit Enter) -> same behaviour as above.

The behaviour is the same whether using physical or On-screen keyboards.

goosmurf, Jul 28, 2021
  4. Windows stuck on Welcome screen. Can't access lock screen.

Windows 10 stuck at lock screen, unable to enter password

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know the following to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Are you trying to log-in using Microsoft account or local account?
    • Are you trying to enter pin or password?

Assuming that this issue might be because of keyboard, I suggest you to use on-screen keyboard from the lock screen and check if it helps.

Steps: From the lock screen, click on Ease of access and click on On-screen keyboard.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information. We will be happy to assist you further accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

Windows stuck on Welcome screen. Can't access lock screen.

1. Windows stuck on Welcome screen. Can't access lock screen. - Similar Threads - stuck Welcome screen

2. Windows is stuck at the Lock Screen or Welcome Screen before login

in Windows 10 News
    Windows is stuck at the Lock Screen or Welcome Screen before login: [ATTACH]Sometimes when you turn on your computer, you get your Windows 11/10 login screen, but then it gets frozen, maybe reboots on its own, or it stops and does not respond to your command. You may get the login screen, but nothing happens after entering the password....
  3. Stuck on Welcome Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on Welcome Screen: I have a Windows 10 desktop PC. I have been having trouble running a game and this morning when I opened it I received a blue screen and upon my computers restart I have found myself stuck at the Welcome Screen. There is no background though, only a solid block color now and...
  4. Stuck on welcome screen!

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck on welcome screen!: When I try to access the login screen by dragging the welcome screen up (the first thing you see when turning on the computer, which shows the time, date, battery percentage, and WiFi status), it takes me back to the welcome screen. I have Windows 10 1909. Here's a link of...
  5. Stuck in welcome screen

Stuck in welcome screen: After complete installation of windows version 1903 my laptop automatically restart then I used my laptop without any problem. But when in the next day to start my laptop then after a long time the screen to enter the password appear then I enter my password successfully but...
  6. Stuck on welcome screen

Stuck on welcome screen: Hello I updated my windows pc to the latest version yesterday, and now when I launch my pc I'm stuck on the welcome screen with the date and time. My mouse and keyboard were working before, and now neither are responding so i cant click anything or go anywhere from this...
  7. Stuck on welcome screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck on welcome screen: I have correctly entered my password on my windows 10 pc but its stuck on welcome under my name with the dots going round https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-on-welcome-screen/fa145805-accc-4afd-b700-01dd889439bf
  8. Stuck at welcome screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck at welcome screen: [IMG][IMG] Hello, so I can’t open or login in my laptop because it is stuck. When I tried to click “enter” which I normally do to login, it will turn black and will go back to that referring to the photo. I don’t know what happen please help me. Thank you...
  9. stuck in welcome screen

stuck in welcome screen: when i open my pc stuck in welcome screen and then a blue screen comes i tryied everythink on youtube all the method and nothing works any suggestions also i cant take my files from an another pc said not access
  10. Stuck on Welcome screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck on Welcome screen: idk if the computer even works anymore! I'm over it! Going use a public computer 22380