Windows 10: Windows stuck on Windows logo but only if I do a "cold start".

Discus and support Windows stuck on Windows logo but only if I do a "cold start". in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As the title says. If the computer has been off for any amount of time and was shut off in the normal correct way, when I turn the computer on it stays... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TroyGephart, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Windows stuck on Windows logo but only if I do a "cold start".

As the title says. If the computer has been off for any amount of time and was shut off in the normal correct way, when I turn the computer on it stays at the 4 rectangle Windows logo with a black background and never does the spinning dots. It never gets past this even after 20 min.

If I press the restart button It's a custom PC so it has a Restart button, then it boots up fine and works great for days and days.

If I then restart the computer instead of shutting it down, it boots fine. I'm only restarting "just because" not because of a problem.

So it only does the hanging at the Windows logo without the moving dots if the computer had been powered off previously instead of restarting.

I have a friend's computer that does the same thing.

This computer is a Gigabyte motherboard and I can provide other specs as needed.

Thanks

:)

TroyGephart, Oct 6, 2020

2. Installation Hangs at Blue Windows Logo, Error Code C1900101-20017

The BIOS update suggestion posted above by @Jegler helped me, @guhanath. I was on version 1.10 and updated to 1.90. The steps I took after that were just doing the official Windows 10 upgrade procedure.

Then the Windows 10 installation went without a hitch, and I'm no longer on Windows 7. I'm going to consider this solved, thank you @Jelger for the suggestion to update the BIOS!

KingDecimator, Oct 7, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 7, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows stuck on Windows logo but only if I do a "cold start".

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows stuck on Windows logo but only if I do a "cold start".

1. Windows stuck on Windows logo but only if I do a "cold start". - Similar Threads - stuck logo cold

2. My laptop get stuck in windows starting logo.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop get stuck in windows starting logo.: I have a Dell latitude d630 laptop 2gb ram 500hdd windows 7. On turning on the laptop windows starting logo appear and stuck after that. I try to open in safe mode the nothing happened. I reinstall the os , tried windows 10, cleaned the ram,changed hdd but but the problem...
  3. My laptop get stuck in windows starting logo.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop get stuck in windows starting logo.: I have a Dell latitude d630 laptop 2gb ram 500hdd windows 7. On turning on the laptop windows starting logo appear and stuck after that. I try to open in safe mode the nothing happened. I reinstall the os , tried windows 10, cleaned the ram,changed hdd but but the problem...
  4. Windows Start Logo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Start Logo: I just purchased a new laptop it came with Windows 10 Pro 2021 on it. When I move the cursor over to the Windows Logo symbol or start and left click on it, it does not show my programs. I never had this problem with my Windows 10 Home. Need some help with this problem....
  5. Windows Start Logo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Start Logo: I just purchased a new laptop it came with Windows 10 Pro 2021 on it. When I move the cursor over to the Windows Logo symbol or start and left click on it, it does not show my programs. I never had this problem with my Windows 10 Home. Need some help with this problem....
  6. Windows Start Logo

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. BSOD on cold start only

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on cold start only: Hello, Recently been having BSOD on cold starts only. From what I have read online it indicates a memory module fail. I have looked at the minidump and there is an indication of a memory issue but I'm not sure if I am reading the dump file correctly. Also, are there any...
  8. Windows 10 - Cold Start

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 - Cold Start: Question: When I first power up my laptop, I get the background screen. When I access the mouse or touch the trackpad my screen flashes wildly. I got to reboot the laptop, and everything is resolved; the problem disappears. -- Quite baffling ?? -- Anyone ever encountered...
  9. Windows stuck on logo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows stuck on logo: Hi, i bought a new computerclean no os and i want to install windows 10 i made a bootable flash drive and set up bios settings then i normaly boot windows 10 from usb and installation startted but it is stuck on the begginig on logo? How can i solce it...
  10. Windows Start Logo

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Start Logo: My windows logo, edge and many more things not working I need help to restore 39785