Windows 10: Windows stuck when DirectX 9 based apps go fullscreen

Discus and support Windows stuck when DirectX 9 based apps go fullscreen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since I installed the May Update for Windows 10, whenever I want to play any DirectX 9 based game, as League of Legends, the computer gets stuck at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Néstor Llop Guerra, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Windows stuck when DirectX 9 based apps go fullscreen

Since I installed the May Update for Windows 10, whenever I want to play any DirectX 9 based game, as League of Legends, the computer gets stuck at the moment in which the game goes fullscreen -it did when I installed 1809 too- forcing me to hard-reboot the system.

When I was on 1809, this problem already happened to me, I told Riot Games -League of Legends support- about my problem, and they could not give me a solution, meaning that it was the computer's problem, and giving me restoring as a solving method. I uninstalled some updates and I was able to play League again. Is this the only solution? Is there a trick or tweak to avoid this error? I do not like hard rebooting the system. Sometimes I had to reinstall Windows completely because of missing files that were being processed when rebooting.

I do not know if other non-DirectX-based apps get stuck too, because I do not have any. If you need some information, I will told you whatever you want.

:)

Néstor Llop Guerra, Jun 3, 2019

2. DirectX 9

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, my problem remains. The latest version of DirectX is downloaded and installed. In addition, the latest update for DirectX 9 is also downloaded and installed. But when installing Microsoft's Store Apps, I still
    encounter this message: "Direct X 9 is required"

Hamed Abdolahi, Jun 3, 2019
  3. Microsoft Store: DirectX 9 required

We appreciate the update. Since the issue is still the same even if you have DirectX 9 or later, we suggest that you reinstall your graphic card drivers instead. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager.
    • Go to Display Adapters section and locate your graphic card driver.
    • Right click the driver and choose Uninstall.
    • Check Remove the driver software for this device and click
      OK
    • After you’ve uninstalled the driver, restart your computer.
    • When your computer restarts, go to your graphic card manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers for your graphic card.
    • Install the downloaded drivers.

Let us know how it goes.

Jennifer Bri, Jun 3, 2019
  4. Windows stuck when DirectX 9 based apps go fullscreen

DirectX 9

Thank you for your response. The 9th version of Direct X had already been downloaded and installed. From this page. My graphics card probably is not compatible with DirectX 9 or Windows 10 can not use the DirectX version 9 for an unknown reason.

Hamed Abdolahi, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows stuck when DirectX 9 based apps go fullscreen

1. Windows stuck when DirectX 9 based apps go fullscreen - Similar Threads - stuck DirectX based

2. DirectX 9 titles have frame cap stuck on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DirectX 9 titles have frame cap stuck on: Hello, I have vsync, all forms of frame rate sync, and frame limiters turned off in my graphics settings both in games, and on the software for my Radeon graphics card. However, mysteriously DirectX 9 titles will only run at my monitor's refresh rate, and nothing I can change...
  3. Downloading DirectX 9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading DirectX 9: I recently bought Batman Arkham Asylum but I cannot open it. I have tried literally everything and watched every video on how to get it working. I think that the problem might be that I do not have DirectX 9 installed on my PC. How do I go about downloading it and is there...
  4. Downloading DirectX 9

Downloading DirectX 9: I recently bought Batman Arkham Asylum but I cannot open it. I have tried literally everything and watched every video on how to get it working. I think that the problem might be that I do not have DirectX 9 installed on my PC. How do I go about downloading it and is there...
  5. DirectX 9 on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 9 on Windows 11: We have a desktop application we sell that requires DirectX 9 to function. If our customers upgrade their computers to Windows 11 are they going to have any issues with the software running/installing DirectX 9? Are there any ramifications or things we need to be aware of...
  6. DirectX 9 on Windows 11

DirectX 9 on Windows 11: We have a desktop application we sell that requires DirectX 9 to function. If our customers upgrade their computers to Windows 11 are they going to have any issues with the software running/installing DirectX 9? Are there any ramifications or things we need to be aware of...
  7. Apps not going fullscreen

Apps not going fullscreen: I am trying to use an iPad as a second monitor by share screening a fake display. When I try to make any app fullscreen on my laptop monitor it just dissappears. I thought it might be because I'm sharing my screen, but it's not. Even if I just have a normal display connected,...
  8. directx 9 dowload

in Windows 10 Gaming
    directx 9 dowload: Hi, since yesterday it has appeared that I am unable to download because apparently the file is not found. I used the official link and it says that "this download is no longer available" Can we have any update what's the play with this? Thank you....
  9. DirectX 9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 9: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 that came with Windows 10, but the hard drive failed and it was replaced with another hard drive with Windows 10 on it, too. I tried installing GMod off of Steam, and it says it's missing a .dll file that has to do with DirectX 9. I tried fully...
  10. Directx 9 missing?

in Windows 10 Support
    Directx 9 missing?: Hi all, first time posting (I think?) but i do get all my info from here *Smile I have been a part of the insider program from the start and have always been in the fast ring. All of a sudden with the latest build, I can't install apps that require Directx Version 9. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. directx 0x000005 download

2. stuck at direct x9