Windows 10: Windows stuck when turn on network adapter

Discus and support Windows stuck when turn on network adapter in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, There are 6 devices Windows 10&11 that have problem specifically when we turn on them. The problem is that the device's desktop is stuck and we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Aws Alawneh - Cystack, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Windows stuck when turn on network adapter

Hi, There are 6 devices Windows 10&11 that have problem specifically when we turn on them. The problem is that the device's desktop is stuck and we can`t do anything until we turn off the network. when we turn on the network adapter or connect the cable, the problem returns. I monitor the processes and local traffic using process explorer and wireshark and no strange process or connection was found. The end users need the internet to do their job, how can I solve the problem?

:)

Aws Alawneh - Cystack, Mar 19, 2023

2. Install a driver for your network adapter

Go to the list of network adapters in the control panel, turn of the lan and turn it on again. See if that helps.

Peter1986C, Mar 19, 2023
  3. network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 19, 2023
  4. Windows stuck when turn on network adapter

After the update my network adapters not working.

Hi Sam,

I realize that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. I will try to help you with this issue.

You may try these steps and check the status:

• Run the Network Troubleshooter and restart the computer to check if this helps.

• You may try a different network adapter/connection type if possible.

• Further you may also check for Windows Updates with a wired net connection and check for updated drivers for the network adapter.

You will be able to solve some problems by running a troubleshooter that will automatically fix some common issues with Windows Update.

Open the Network troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View All.

Click on “Network Adapter” troubleshooter to fix problems with
    Network Adapter. Follow the on-screen directions to run this troubleshooter and restart the computer to check if this helps.

Further, suggest you to follow all the steps from this article to check if that helps.

Fix network connection issues: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Note: The steps to turn off a firewall depend on the firewall software you’re using. Check the documentation for your firewall software to learn how to turn it off. Make sure you turn it back on as soon as you can. Not having a firewall turned
    on makes your PC more vulnerable to hackers, worms, or viruses.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 19, 2023
Thema:

Windows stuck when turn on network adapter

1. Windows stuck when turn on network adapter - Similar Threads - stuck turn network

2. Network adapter "turning off" after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapter "turning off" after sleep: When I click sleep and wake up my computer, it says no internet connection and it only says airplane mode in the network UI. I have to restart to fix it. I disabled the network throttling index before this problem happened, do I have to enable it to fix it or is there more to...
  3. Windows turns off network adapter WOL not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows turns off network adapter WOL not working: Hi,I'm having an issue with the network adaptor on my motherboard.As far as I can tell, I should have everything setup properly for WOL to function.When the machine goes into sleep mode, WOL works fine.If I turn off the PC by holding down the power off button, WOL works.If I...
  4. Windows turns off network adapter WOL not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows turns off network adapter WOL not working: Hi,I'm having an issue with the network adaptor on my motherboard.As far as I can tell, I should have everything setup properly for WOL to function.When the machine goes into sleep mode, WOL works fine.If I turn off the PC by holding down the power off button, WOL works.If I...
  5. Network Adapter stuck at 100mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Adapter stuck at 100mbps: It's been literal months since this problem started and I feel like I've tried everything out there.I'm using a LAN connection that uses Realtek Gaming 2.5GbE Family Controller, and it's been working great for the past year. However, one of the updates this year to Windows...
  6. Network Adapter stuck at 100mbps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Adapter stuck at 100mbps: It's been literal months since this problem started and I feel like I've tried everything out there.I'm using a LAN connection that uses Realtek Gaming 2.5GbE Family Controller, and it's been working great for the past year. However, one of the updates this year to Windows...
  7. Network Adapter stuck at 100mbps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Windows stuck when turn on network adapter

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows stuck when turn on network adapter: Hi, There are 6 devices Windows 10&11 that have problem specifically when we turn on them. The problem is that the device's desktop is stuck and we can`t do anything until we turn off the network. when we turn on the network adapter or connect the cable, the problem returns....
  9. Windows stuck when turn on network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows stuck when turn on network adapter: Hi, There are 6 devices Windows 10&11 that have problem specifically when we turn on them. The problem is that the device's desktop is stuck and we can`t do anything until we turn off the network. when we turn on the network adapter or connect the cable, the problem returns....
  10. Network adapter turns off when laptop is unplugged

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network adapter turns off when laptop is unplugged: So I wanted my laptop to connect to my 5GHz network because I heard that it doesn't interfere with bluetooth connections, but it couldn't detect my 5GHz network even though my phone could. I did some searching and I saw that someone's managed to detect it once he uninstalled...