Windows 10: Windows stutters on new PC build, most often during evenings

Discus and support Windows stutters on new PC build, most often during evenings in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, this is a follow-up question to the following one I posted a few weeks ago:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DucksGoMooful, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Windows stutters on new PC build, most often during evenings

Hello, this is a follow-up question to the following one I posted a few weeks ago: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...y-in-the/8192cfed-f160-464d-b4d7-38a32bb55e94

I'm still experiencing the same issue as in that post, ie. the OS seems to get "sluggish" over time, where alt-tabbing, opening the Start menu, and dragging windows around makes it look like everything is running in slow motion or on low FPS. Restarting the computer "fixes" the issue for some random amount of time, and I have no clue what's even causing this, let alone how to fix it or even try to look up how to solve it myself.

I performed a "Windows Memory Diagnostic" last night, on the chance it's a problem with my RAM, but it showed that there were no problems with my memory. Could it be anything else? How can I start to diagnose the issue here?

:)

DucksGoMooful, Oct 9, 2020

2. Windows stutters on new PC build, only in the evenings

I'll try to describe this as best I can. I built this PC back in July, and since then I've been finding that in some evenings/nighttimes, the overall system gets really "sluggish". The best way I think I can describe it is like the FPS is really low and
    inconsistent in a game. In Task Manager, nothing seems to be out of the ordinary, but just dragging a window around causes everything to slow down, even though there are no spikes or anything in Task Manager. Alt-tabbing becomes slow, dragging windows is slow,
    in games that I have no problem running during the day, and half the time during night time, the game stutters as well.

Restarting the computer fixes it for the night, but it has always come back within 1-3 days, and always in the evening/night. I really have no clue how to troubleshoot this or even what search terms to use to try to find help online. It doesn't seem to be
    something I can replicate whenever I want, so I'm not sure how a clean boot or restarting in safe mode will let me check anything, especially when it doesn't come up as-is on Task Manager.

Please help! I don't want to have to keep restarting my computer in the middle of things every day.

DucksGoMooful, Oct 9, 2020
  3. New System build Suggestions

just another build suggestion to consider- System Builder

BarbaricSoul, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Windows stutters on new PC build, most often during evenings

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows stutters on new PC build, most often during evenings

1. Windows stutters on new PC build, most often during evenings - Similar Threads - stutters build often

2. PC Stuttering/Freezing during gameplay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Stuttering/Freezing during gameplay: Hello,My PC has been acting strange. I have recently built it but however, I have been getting random frame drops on some games, where I shouldn't really be experiencing frame drops even by lowering the graphics I still experience themMy specs are:GPU - RTX 3070 tiCPU - AMD...
  3. PC Stuttering/Freezing during gameplay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Stuttering/Freezing during gameplay: Hello,My PC has been acting strange. I have recently built it but however, I have been getting random frame drops on some games, where I shouldn't really be experiencing frame drops even by lowering the graphics I still experience themMy specs are:GPU - RTX 3070 tiCPU - AMD...
  4. PC Stuttering/Freezing During Gameplay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Stuttering/Freezing During Gameplay: Hi guys,I'm hoping someone will be able to guide me in the right direction as I've only recently had my PC and I'm not too familiar with troubleshooting it.My PC has been acting up lately while gaming. What happens is the gameplay stutters a lot and the audio cuts out too....
  5. PC Stuttering/Freezing During Gameplay

PC Stuttering/Freezing During Gameplay: Hi guys,I'm hoping someone will be able to guide me in the right direction as I've only recently had my PC and I'm not too familiar with troubleshooting it.My PC has been acting up lately while gaming. What happens is the gameplay stutters a lot and the audio cuts out too....
  6. Mostly New PC BSOD

Mostly New PC BSOD: I very recently2 days ago upgraded my Motherboard, CPU and RAM. So I did a clean install of windows and everything. It was one problem after another until finally it Blue Screened not too long ago, so I changed the RAM to my old 2x8GB from 2x16GB sticks, then ran verifier to...
  7. Windows heavily stutters, most often during evenings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows heavily stutters, most often during evenings: Hello, this is a follow-up question to my two previous posts, here: - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-stutters-on-new-pc-build-only-in-the/8192cfed-f160-464d-b4d7-38a32bb55e94 and -...
  8. Windows stutters on new PC build, only in the evenings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows stutters on new PC build, only in the evenings: I'll try to describe this as best I can. I built this PC back in July, and since then I've been finding that in some evenings/nighttimes, the overall system gets really "sluggish". The best way I think I can describe it is like the FPS is really low and inconsistent in a...
  9. "No Signal" on monitor during Windows 10 installation on new PC build

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "No Signal" on monitor during Windows 10 installation on new PC build: Just built a new custom PC and was in the middle of installing Windows 10. Installation had finished and I was on the internet setup window when the video signal abruptly stopped. I was met with a "No Signal" text on the monitor. I've tried multiple HDMIs to reconnect in both...
  10. BSOD on a New Build PC During Windows 10 Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD on a New Build PC During Windows 10 Installation: I just bought a brand new build PC. Whenever I try to install Windows 10 with a USB drive, it basically can't boot that installation progress. I choose the UEFI option to boot my USB, then ASUS logo and sometimes Windows logo appear with loading icon below starting to spin...