Windows 10: Windows Subscriptions Showing As "Not Active" With An E5 Licensed User

Discus and support Windows Subscriptions Showing As "Not Active" With An E5 Licensed User in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am having an issue with about 40 laptops. We switched to E5 licenses from Business Premium licenses. Some machines are upgrading to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tom Crevier, Jan 26, 2023.

1. Windows Subscriptions Showing As "Not Active" With An E5 Licensed User

Hello, I am having an issue with about 40 laptops. We switched to E5 licenses from Business Premium licenses. Some machines are upgrading to Enterprise, some are not. For the ones which are not, I am see that their activation state is "Active" for Windows Pro but the Subscription shows as "Not Active". The licenses were rolled out slowly and I discovered that this issue was present before applying the licenses as well. The same users are also seeing that if they go to "App and Features" they are told they need to sign in. If they click the sign in button, they get a few blank dialogs t

:)

Tom Crevier, Jan 26, 2023
  2. Brink Win User

Modernizing Windows Deployment with Windows 10 Subscription Activation

Source: Modernizing Windows Deployment with Windows 10 Subscription Activation Windows for IT Pros

Brink, Jan 26, 2023
  3. Windows 10 Activation issue after upgrading Pro to Enterprise using M365 E5 License

Dear All,

I upgraded my Windows 10 Pro to Enterprise by joining Azure AD with Microsoft 365 E5 license and also I joined Windows Insider Program "Release Preview Channel".

When I check to my Windows Activation, it show 3 option:

1)Edition : Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview

2)Subscription: Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview subscription is active

3)Activation: Windows is activated with a digital license

But some laptops at my organization only show 2 option:

1) Edition

2) Activation

Please help me what is the difference between this two option?

Thanks

Kyaw MinNaing, Jan 26, 2023
  4. Windows Subscriptions Showing As "Not Active" With An E5 Licensed User

Windows 11 activation with M365 E5 license

Hello,

i have windows 11 enterprise devices which i

are not activated in my organization. i want to activate them with M365 e5 license assigned to each user. i have configured hybrid join to Azure AD. i can confirm that the devices are showing "hybrid joined" in azure AD. the devices are still not activated when the users sign in with their office 365 email accounts.

it gives an activation error saying the device cannot connect to the organization and activation service with error code 0x8007007B.

Do i need to activate the devices with a pro license before i assign the M365 license to them or is there a way i can use the m365 license to directly activate the windows 11 devices?

please kindly assist.

best regards,

Fred.

Fred Addo Kyei 2, Jan 26, 2023
Thema:

Windows Subscriptions Showing As "Not Active" With An E5 Licensed User

1. Windows Subscriptions Showing As "Not Active" With An E5 Licensed User - Similar Threads - Subscriptions Showing Active

2. Windows Activaiton via E5 license - PC is showing an OEM license key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Activaiton via E5 license - PC is showing an OEM license key: We have a Windows 11 Pro image I have deployed using MDT about a hundred times with no issues. Once a user logs in Windows 11 will activate and become Windows 11 Enterprise.However we have one older Dell laptop that has a Xeon processor that we imaged. The user logs in and it...
  3. KVM license and Azure E5 license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KVM license and Azure E5 license: We are seeing some Surfaces that are coming from Dell that are being reimaged with Windows 10. They are not getting license from Azure E5 and are showing as it has gotten a digital license. After adding it to Intune, and while users are working, they are being prompted for...
  4. KVM license and Azure E5 license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KVM license and Azure E5 license: We are seeing some Surfaces that are coming from Dell that are being reimaged with Windows 10. They are not getting license from Azure E5 and are showing as it has gotten a digital license. After adding it to Intune, and while users are working, they are being prompted for...
  5. Windows Enterprise Subscription via M365 E5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Enterprise Subscription via M365 E5: Hey all,Maybe someone has ran into this and has a solution.We have a range of Windows 10/11 Enterprise Pro default laptops which all work perfectly.They pull their Enterprise subscription from their M365 E5 subscription without issue.However, we have a few mine included that...
  6. Windows Subscriptions Showing As "Not Active" With An E5 Licensed User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Subscriptions Showing As "Not Active" With An E5 Licensed User: Hello, I am having an issue with about 40 laptops. We switched to E5 licenses from Business Premium licenses. Some machines are upgrading to Enterprise, some are not. For the ones which are not, I am see that their activation state is "Active" for Windows Pro but the...
  7. Windows 11 activation with M365 E5 license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 activation with M365 E5 license: Hello,i have windows 11 enterprise devices which iare not activated in my organization. i want to activate them with M365 e5 license assigned to each user. i have configured hybrid join to Azure AD. i can confirm that the devices are showing "hybrid joined" in azure AD. the...
  8. Windows 11 activation with M365 E5 license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 activation with M365 E5 license: Hello,i have windows 11 enterprise devices which iare not activated in my organization. i want to activate them with M365 e5 license assigned to each user. i have configured hybrid join to Azure AD. i can confirm that the devices are showing "hybrid joined" in azure AD. the...
  9. Windows is not activated despite user with e5 licence

Windows is not activated despite user with e5 licence: Hi GuysI have a problem, that a device which is managed with intune does not get activated.Normally when a user logs on the installed windows on the device gets activated with the E5 license the user has assigned.But not in this case. The user which is logged on on this...
  10. Activation via E5 license

Activation via E5 license: Hi, Is there any way to activate a windows 10 enterprise using azure AD join and e5 license even though the machine you used doesn't have any firmware embedded activation key? I got the right E5 license and the machine is join via azure ad join. But it won't allow me to...