Windows 10: Windows Subsystem for Linux and Windows OpenSSH server - bash shell

Discus and support Windows Subsystem for Linux and Windows OpenSSH server - bash shell in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, I'm running Ubuntu on WSL and it APPEARS to be installed OK, I can run it and have added a local administrative user; but, when I connect via the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ClayJackson, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Windows Subsystem for Linux and Windows OpenSSH server - bash shell

So, I'm running Ubuntu on WSL and it APPEARS to be installed OK, I can run it and have added a local administrative user; but, when I connect via the Windows 10 OpenSSH server and try to run bash, I get this:

foglight@N7QNM-RADIO C:\Users\foglight.N7QNM-RADIO>bash

Windows Subsystem for Linux has no installed distributions.

Distributions can be installed by visiting the Microsoft Store:

https://aka.ms/wslstore

Help?

Clay Jackson

clayJ@n7qnm

:)

ClayJackson, Dec 27, 2019

2. Windows Subsystem Linux

Hello,

We would like to know more about the issue you're experiencing with using
    Windows Subsystem for Linux
    . Kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you developing a program, an app, or a software for Linux?
    • Is your Window 10 PC connected to a domain?
    • Are you managing a Windows Server PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you tell us the Version and OS build of your Windows 10 device? You can find this information by clicking the
      Start button, type About your PC, and then press
      Enter.

We need the following information in order to determine if we need to refer your concern to the
    TechNet forums or the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) forums.

For now, we suggest reviewing these support articles to find out if there's an issue with the installation of
    Windows Subsystem for Linux:

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, Dec 27, 2019
  3. How to Install and Use the Linux Bash Shell on Windows 10

How to Install and Use the Linux Bash Shell on Windows 10

I have win 10 pro - 1511 [10586.420] can install Linux Bash Shell Now or in the Future, ...?

Lse123polis, Dec 27, 2019
  4. wrigley Win User

Windows Subsystem for Linux and Windows OpenSSH server - bash shell

Connecting to the internet with Bash / Windows Subsystem for Linux

Hi, I was wondering.. Has anyone managed to install Windows Subsystem for Linux + bash and have the internet work?

I installed the WSL+bash, and while I get a fine internet connection from within windows, trying to connect from within bash simply fails. ifconfig complains there is no file /proc/net/dev, ping complains 'socket not supported' and all the rest of the programs,
    simply can't connect: apt, apt-get, curl, etc. all time out.

Have you managed to get the WSL+bash to work with the internet? and if so? would you mind sharing what you did?

Cheers!

wrigley, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows Subsystem for Linux and Windows OpenSSH server - bash shell

1. Windows Subsystem for Linux and Windows OpenSSH server - bash shell - Similar Threads - Subsystem Linux OpenSSH

2. Linux for Windows Subsystem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linux for Windows Subsystem: Hello!I have been using WSL on my computer for over a year, and my organization recently switched to Office 365. In doing so, the third party IT guy that came in set up a new local account for me. Now, I cannot access my WSL installation on the new user. I am trying to find a...
  3. Windows Server 2019 - Windows Subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2019 - Windows Subsystem for Linux: Hello,I currently work in a lab setting with a 64 core desktop that runs Windows Server 2019 for physical simulations. There are a few people who use the server, so we are interested in trying to find a job scheduler/workload manager that has similar capabilities to that of...
  4. Windows Server 2019 - Windows Subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Server 2019 - Windows Subsystem for Linux: Hello,I currently work in a lab setting with a 64 core desktop that runs Windows Server 2019 for physical simulations. There are a few people who use the server, so we are interested in trying to find a job scheduler/workload manager that has similar capabilities to that of...
  5. Windows Subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Subsystem for Linux: Hello,Could you please provide me with the answers to the following questions regarding Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 + Kernel?When was the release date for version 5.10.60.1 of this application? Is version 5.10.60.1 still supported will receive updates, security or...
  6. Windows subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows subsystem for Linux: Hi, I want to enable Windows subsystem for Linux for my Windows 10, x64 laptop. I have enabled the setting, but I am not able to install UBUNTU post that. Code: 0x80072EE2 Any help in this regard is appreciated. Thanks....
  7. Windows subsystem linux

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows subsystem linux: Why my WLS going down every two month? After that, subsystem make reset and i need configure it again? and this system make reset of all config without my asking. Where is my files, may be i have something important? where my profile, how can i recover it? When it will be...
  8. Bash Shell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bash Shell: Hi, I am using windows 10 Home on HP Laptop. I want to work with Linux Bash shell I tried to follow the link below https://www.windowscentral.com/how-install-bash-shell-command-line-windows-10. I could complete till number 12 beyond that it did not work. Request...
  9. Windows subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows subsystem for Linux: I am getting the message " We couldn't complete the updates … undoing changes" when I restart the computer after enabling WSL in the "Programs and Features" settings. I am running windows 10 home ver 1803 installed on 05 Aug 2018 OS Build 17134.191 Due to this, I am unable...
  10. Windows Subsystem for Linux on Windows Server

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Subsystem for Linux on Windows Server: The Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) is available in Windows Insider builds of Windows Server. Now developers and application administrators can run tools they use in Linux environments alongside Cmd and PowerShell. If you want to jump straight in, the installation guide...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows subsystem linux openssh server allowpassword

2. Run openssh server on windows shell for linux