Windows 10: Windows Subsystem for Linux is missing in Windows 10 Home 1903

Discus and support Windows Subsystem for Linux is missing in Windows 10 Home 1903 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to activate Windows Subsystem for Linux but it seems that it is simply not present in my Windows copy. It doesn't show up in control... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DPard, Jun 13, 2019.

1. DPard Win User

Windows Subsystem for Linux is missing in Windows 10 Home 1903

I'm trying to activate Windows Subsystem for Linux but it seems that it is simply not present in my Windows copy.

It doesn't show up in control panel. Running the command on PowerShell throws an error:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-Linux
    Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature : Feature name Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-Linux is unknown.

I don't know what the problem is. I also tried to repair Windows, but everything was ok:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    >> sfc /scannow

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.18362.1

Image Version: 10.0.18362.175

[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.
    The operation completed successfully.

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

Can somebody help me activating Windows Subsystem for Linux, please?

:)

DPard, Jun 13, 2019

2. Windows Subsystem Linux

Hello,

We would like to know more about the issue you're experiencing with using
    Windows Subsystem for Linux
    . Kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you developing a program, an app, or a software for Linux?
    • Is your Window 10 PC connected to a domain?
    • Are you managing a Windows Server PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you tell us the Version and OS build of your Windows 10 device? You can find this information by clicking the
      Start button, type About your PC, and then press
      Enter.

We need the following information in order to determine if we need to refer your concern to the
    TechNet forums or the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) forums.

For now, we suggest reviewing these support articles to find out if there's an issue with the installation of
    Windows Subsystem for Linux:

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, Jun 13, 2019
  3. ozbobwa Win User
    ozbobwa, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Windows Subsystem for Linux is missing in Windows 10 Home 1903

Windows Subsystem for Linux

Is LXD available to use on Windows Subsystem for Linux? Thanks

Alexandra Rodriguer, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows Subsystem for Linux is missing in Windows 10 Home 1903

1. Windows Subsystem for Linux is missing in Windows 10 Home 1903 - Similar Threads - Subsystem Linux missing

2. Linux for Windows Subsystem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linux for Windows Subsystem: Hello!I have been using WSL on my computer for over a year, and my organization recently switched to Office 365. In doing so, the third party IT guy that came in set up a new local account for me. Now, I cannot access my WSL installation on the new user. I am trying to find a...
  3. Windows Subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Subsystem for Linux: Hello,Could you please provide me with the answers to the following questions regarding Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 + Kernel?When was the release date for version 5.10.60.1 of this application? Is version 5.10.60.1 still supported will receive updates, security or...
  4. Windows Subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Subsystem for Linux: Hello,Could you please provide me with the answers to the following questions regarding Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 + Kernel?When was the release date for version 5.10.60.1 of this application? Is version 5.10.60.1 still supported will receive updates, security or...
  5. Windows subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows subsystem for Linux: Hi, I want to enable Windows subsystem for Linux for my Windows 10, x64 laptop. I have enabled the setting, but I am not able to install UBUNTU post that. Code: 0x80072EE2 Any help in this regard is appreciated. Thanks....
  6. Windows subsystem linux

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows subsystem linux: Why my WLS going down every two month? After that, subsystem make reset and i need configure it again? and this system make reset of all config without my asking. Where is my files, may be i have something important? where my profile, how can i recover it? When it will be...
  7. Linux Subsystem for Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Linux Subsystem for Windows: I wanted to install ubuntu on my windows but I keep getting this error. Any work around? thanks.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linux-subsystem-for-windows/813223fc-ff0a-410f-b761-efa28a1df384
  8. What is new for Windows Subsystem for Linux in Windows 10 version 1903

in Windows 10 News
    What is new for Windows Subsystem for Linux in Windows 10 version 1903: The next Windows update is coming soon and we’re bringing exciting new updates to WSL with it! These include accessing the Linux file system from Windows, and improvements to how you manage and configure your distros in the command line. Accessing Linux files from Windows...
  9. windows 10 subsystem for linux wireless drivers missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 subsystem for linux wireless drivers missing: In an attempt to install Bash for Windows to use in VS Code, I install the WindowsSubSystemForLinux from Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features | Turn Windows features on or off. Having chosen ''Windows Subsystem for Linux" Restart All network drivers are disabled...
  10. Windows subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows subsystem for Linux: I am getting the message " We couldn't complete the updates … undoing changes" when I restart the computer after enabling WSL in the "Programs and Features" settings. I am running windows 10 home ver 1803 installed on 05 Aug 2018 OS Build 17134.191 Due to this, I am unable...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows subsystem for linux missing

2. linux subsystem missing commands

3. windows subsystem for linux not listed

4. Windows Subsystem for Linux feature missing,
  5. Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature : Feature name Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-Linux is unknown.,
  6. windows 10 home subsystem for linux,
  7. not working Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-Linux,
  8. lxrun 1903,
  9. missing options wsl,
  10. lxrun missing windows 10,
  11. lxrun /install 1903,
  12. windows 1903 linux subsystem installieren ,
  13. windows 10 lxrun not found 1903,
  14. how to install wsl in windows 10 1903,
  15. windows subsystem linux missing