Windows 10: Windows subsystem for Linux

Discus and support Windows subsystem for Linux in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I want to enable Windows subsystem for Linux for my Windows 10, x64 laptop. I have enabled the setting, but I am not able to install UBUNTU post... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sailajak82, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Windows subsystem for Linux

Hi,

I want to enable Windows subsystem for Linux for my Windows 10, x64 laptop.

I have enabled the setting, but I am not able to install UBUNTU post that.

Code: 0x80072EE2

Any help in this regard is appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

Sailajak82, Jan 15, 2020

2. Windows Subsystem Linux

Hello,

We would like to know more about the issue you're experiencing with using
    Windows Subsystem for Linux
    . Kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you developing a program, an app, or a software for Linux?
    • Is your Window 10 PC connected to a domain?
    • Are you managing a Windows Server PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you tell us the Version and OS build of your Windows 10 device? You can find this information by clicking the
      Start button, type About your PC, and then press
      Enter.

We need the following information in order to determine if we need to refer your concern to the
    TechNet forums or the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) forums.

For now, we suggest reviewing these support articles to find out if there's an issue with the installation of
    Windows Subsystem for Linux:

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to enable Windows Subsystem for Linux

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you have downloaded Linux Terminal from Microsoft Store and you are getting an error when running the PowerShell command. However, as per the article

Windows Subsystem for Linux Installation Guide for Windows 10
    you need to run the PowerShell command first and then install the required Linux distribution from the store. I suggest you to try running the PowerShell command
    first and check.

For more information on Windows Subsystem for Linux, please refer the articles

Windows Subsystem for Linux Documentation
    and

Troubleshooting Windows Subsystem for Linux

If the issue persists, I suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals and experts on this query to assist you with the appropriate details.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Windows subsystem for Linux

Windows Subsystem for Linux not available on build 14316

Review instructions:

How
    to: Enable the Windows Subsystem for Linux

Andre Da Costa, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows subsystem for Linux

1. Windows subsystem for Linux - Similar Threads - subsystem Linux

2. Preview of GUI app support available for Windows Subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 News
    Preview of GUI app support available for Windows Subsystem for Linux: A year ago at BUILD 2020 we introduced our goal to bring Linux GUI applications to the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) to run Linux GUI applications. We are proud to announce the first preview of this highly anticipated and open source feature! We’ve given this...
  3. New Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) 2 Linux kernel to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) 2 Linux kernel to Windows 10: Note: This blog post is co-authored by the awesome WSL dev Pierre Boulay. Thanks Pierre! We’ve just shipped the 5.10.16.3 WSL 2 Linux kernel version to Windows Insiders which brings exciting new changes: Support for the LUKS disk encryption, and some...
  4. Introducing Linux GUI apps running on Windows using the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Introducing Linux GUI apps running on Windows using the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/no_quests [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mvlwj9/introducing_linux_gui_apps_running_on_windows/
  5. Windows Subsystem for Linux: Current Architecture?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Subsystem for Linux: Current Architecture?: Hi there! I'm try to understand how the NT architecture works in this days with the inclusion of the WSL1 and WSL2, for example we know that the Windows looks like this: [ATTACH] WSL 1 With the implementation of the WSL1, the Linux sub-system become a sub-system like...
  6. Error 14081 When Enabling Windows Subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 14081 When Enabling Windows Subsystem for Linux: I get the error "Error: 14081 The referenced assembly could not be found." When trying to enable the Windows Subsystem for Linux through Powershell running in Admin. I'm using Windows 10 Home 2004. Another problem I have is the error "Your device is missing...
  7. I need help running the Windows Subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need help running the Windows Subsystem for Linux: I followed these instructions: "How to Run a Linux Desktop Using the Windows Subsystem for Linux". But instead of installing the LXDE environment I chose Gnome. Other than that I did exactly as instructed. So towards the end of the page after running XLaunch, I am supposed...
  8. Windows Linux Subsystem 2 deleting my files on restart

Windows Linux Subsystem 2 deleting my files on restart: So I have been trying to use WSL2 for development. At first I noticed everything ran super slow. So I was told that I should be mounting my projects under `/mnt/wsl/`. This improved performance but now my projects just get deleted on restart. Anyone know what the correct...
  9. For those who run a linux subsystem on the newest dev channel Windows 10 version, you can...

For those who run a linux subsystem on the newest dev channel Windows 10 version, you can...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/raconcop [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jn54cy/for_those_who_run_a_linux_subsystem_on_the_newest/
  10. Microsoft makes it easier to install Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft makes it easier to install Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) on Windows 10: Microsoft has improved the installation process for the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) in the recent Insider Preview build 20246. Starting in this build and going forward, all it takes to install all necessary components and a supported Linux distribution is a single...