Windows 10: Windows Subsystem for Linux

Discus and support Windows Subsystem for Linux in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello,Could you please provide me with the answers to the following questions regarding Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 + Kernel?When was the release... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Oliver Jenkins, Mar 17, 2022.

1. Windows Subsystem for Linux

Hello,Could you please provide me with the answers to the following questions regarding Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 + Kernel?When was the release date for version 5.10.60.1 of this application? Is version 5.10.60.1 still supported will receive updates, security or otherwise? Are there any plans to discontinue this application End-of-Life? If possible, please get back to me at the following email address: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** regards,Oliver Jenkins

:)

Oliver Jenkins, Mar 17, 2022

2. Windows Subsystem Linux

Hello,

We would like to know more about the issue you're experiencing with using
    Windows Subsystem for Linux
    . Kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you developing a program, an app, or a software for Linux?
    • Is your Window 10 PC connected to a domain?
    • Are you managing a Windows Server PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you tell us the Version and OS build of your Windows 10 device? You can find this information by clicking the
      Start button, type About your PC, and then press
      Enter.

We need the following information in order to determine if we need to refer your concern to the
    TechNet forums or the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) forums.

For now, we suggest reviewing these support articles to find out if there's an issue with the installation of
    Windows Subsystem for Linux:

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, Mar 17, 2022
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to enable Windows Subsystem for Linux

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you have downloaded Linux Terminal from Microsoft Store and you are getting an error when running the PowerShell command. However, as per the article

Windows Subsystem for Linux Installation Guide for Windows 10
    you need to run the PowerShell command first and then install the required Linux distribution from the store. I suggest you to try running the PowerShell command
    first and check.

For more information on Windows Subsystem for Linux, please refer the articles

Windows Subsystem for Linux Documentation
    and

Troubleshooting Windows Subsystem for Linux

If the issue persists, I suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals and experts on this query to assist you with the appropriate details.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 17, 2022
  4. Windows Subsystem for Linux

Is LXD available to use on Windows Subsystem for Linux? Thanks

Alexandra Rodriguer, Mar 17, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows Subsystem for Linux - Similar Threads - Subsystem Linux

2. cannot install Windows Subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot install Windows Subsystem for Linux: I am using Windows 11 OS build 22631.3155 on a desktop PC. I was using Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL about two years without problem. I did a Windows Reset to remove malware and now WSL does not work. If I click on Start > Ubuntu the error message is...
  3. cannot install Windows Subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot install Windows Subsystem for Linux: I am using Windows 11 OS build 22631.3155 on a desktop PC. I was using Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL about two years without problem. I did a Windows Reset to remove malware and now WSL does not work. If I click on Start > Ubuntu the error message is...
  4. Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL will not install any Linux Distro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL will not install any Linux Distro: I am using a Windows PC with the following specs:Edition: Windows 11 HomeVersion: 23H2OS build: 22631.2338Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 100.22674.1000.0 Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHzInstalled RAM: 16.0 GBSystem type: 64-bit operating...
  5. Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL will not install any Linux Distro

Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL will not install any Linux Distro: I am using a Windows PC with the following specs:Edition: Windows 11 HomeVersion: 23H2OS build: 22631.2338Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 100.22674.1000.0 Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHzInstalled RAM: 16.0 GBSystem type: 64-bit operating...
  6. WSL Windows Subsystem For Linux "wsl" command not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL Windows Subsystem For Linux "wsl" command not found: Guys help, I've contacted ms support multiple times and none of the agents have been able to solve the issue.so, I have Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL with Ubuntu installed. yesterday, i tried to install docker, and it was kind of a mess, so i just uninstalled it in every...
  7. WSL Windows Subsystem For Linux "wsl" command not found

WSL Windows Subsystem For Linux "wsl" command not found: Guys help, I've contacted ms support multiple times and none of the agents have been able to solve the issue.so, I have Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL with Ubuntu installed. yesterday, i tried to install docker, and it was kind of a mess, so i just uninstalled it in every...
  8. WSL Windows Subsystem For Linux "wsl" command not found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows Subsystem for Linux WSLg Preview, Version 1.0.27, Does Not Install 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Subsystem for Linux WSLg Preview, Version 1.0.27, Does Not Install 0x80070643: I am on Windows 11 Insider Dev build 23511.1000; having enabled the Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL and receiving Microsoft product updates on my PC. I recieved a certain update: Windows Subsystem for Linux WSLg Preview - 1.0.27, in Windows Update. Since many days, it cannot...
  10. Windows Subsystem for Linux WSLg Preview, Version 1.0.27, Does Not Install 0x80070643

Windows Subsystem for Linux WSLg Preview, Version 1.0.27, Does Not Install 0x80070643: I am on Windows 11 Insider Dev build 23511.1000; having enabled the Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL and receiving Microsoft product updates on my PC. I recieved a certain update: Windows Subsystem for Linux WSLg Preview - 1.0.27, in Windows Update. Since many days, it cannot...