Windows 10: Windows suddenly asks for password on start up / incorrect pass

Discus and support Windows suddenly asks for password on start up / incorrect pass in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows has suddenly starting asking me for a password on start up. I had the setting disabled and it still is but now it gets to the logging in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by exwhyzero, Apr 20, 2020.

1. exwhyzero Win User

Windows suddenly asks for password on start up / incorrect pass

Windows has suddenly starting asking me for a password on start up. I had the setting disabled and it still is but now it gets to the logging in screen, tries to log in then says 'password inncorect'. The username in the field is only the first 5 letters of my email and it also turns num lock off once it fails to log in.

I have tried re entering my password in Netplwiz, and turned off auto open apps as well as trying the shift+restart troubleshoot method.

I feel like i have hit a brick wall as all settings are currently set to auto log in and my password has not changed.

Cheers and thank you

Dave

:)

exwhyzero, Apr 20, 2020

2. Incorrect Password with correct password!

So this is new. I refreshed my PC due to some odd issues and relinstalled some needed drivers. One being for my Netgear A6210 (which has been giving me troubles in the past like failing to connect to the network when waking up from sleep).

So my A6210 has no issue connecting to my 2.4Ghz network but now (which it didn't used to do before) it tells me my password for my 5G network is incorrect even though I know for a fact it is correct. My phone at the same distance as my wireless adapter connect to the 5G network with the same pass. I even changed the pass and had my phone connect to it again but the A6210 just fails to accept the pass. Windows just keeps telling me its incorrect.

I couldn't find much searching the web on this. Most say to reset router but the router is ok (since my phone can connect). I tried re installing the driver for it but issue persists.

To make sure it isn't some keyboard fault I copy the password exactly as it is set in the router's wireless setting page and paste it when it asks for the key.

AphexDreamer, Apr 20, 2020
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Password incorrect

How do I get out of safe mode so I can reset my settings?

1. Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    2. Type msconfig and press Enter.
    3. In the window, click on Boot tab.
    4. uncheck Safe boot, click on Apply and Ok. Restart
    Not sure why it started in Safe mode. May have been out of sync with your phone from prev incorrect password. See if restart fixes. At least, you know what your universal MS password is. *Wink

mrgeek, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Mark_850 Win User

Windows 10 suddenly asks for password

Ill leave my desktop only to come back the next day and have windows ask me for a password. Ive been running 10 since launch and this only just started to happen. Ive done the whole....

• Right-click the Windows Logo (Start Button) and click "Run"
    • Type netplwiz and click "OK"
    • Uncheck "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer."
    But the box is unchecked already. Any help?

Mark_850, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows suddenly asks for password on start up / incorrect pass - Similar Threads - suddenly asks password

2. At start up - asking for PIN not password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    At start up - asking for PIN not password: At startup I'm informed there's something wrong with my PIN instead of asking for Password. If I go the reset PIN route and log into my Microsoft Acct. It states a code was sent to my email but sometime I get it but now nothing comes no matter how many time I request it....
  3. At start up - asking for PIN not password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    At start up - asking for PIN not password: At startup I'm informed there's something wrong with my PIN instead of asking for Password. If I go the reset PIN route and log into my Microsoft Acct. It states a code was sent to my email but sometime I get it but now nothing comes no matter how many time I request it....
  4. At start up - asking for PIN not password

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. At start up - asking for PIN not password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 suddenly started asking for a PIN instead of password.'

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 suddenly started asking for a PIN instead of password.': So for some reason windows decided to ask for a pin on login instead of the usual password. The issue is, I dont remember ever setting up any pin at all. Is there a way to fix this? If I could somehow reset back to password instead, I would be able to login. I tried...
  7. Password is suddenly incorrect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password is suddenly incorrect: A password that I never changed since I built my PC is suddenly incorrect. I can not get into any of the solutions recommended online like back up admin account safe mode because it keeps asking for my password. I tracked down the email I’ve used to activate windows when...
  8. Login password suddenly incorrect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Login password suddenly incorrect: My little brother's computer does not allow him to login with the password anymore for some reason and i'm trying to figure it out why. What i am confident on is that we're typing in the correct password and that this occured sometime on friday. With that said though, is...
  9. Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password.: I have Windows 10 on a home computer and I don't need the security of a password. I have it set to to boot without asking for the password. Recently, it started asking for the password. Rebooting the computer directly from that screen boots the computer without asking for the...
  10. Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password: Hello! I've just started configuring a new pc. After relocating the Users folder from the SSD to the HDD drive successfully (following the tutorial in this forum), i wanted to change the name of the user folder. I activated my starting account, deleted the dummy one for...