Windows 10: Windows suddenly booting in Recovery Mode only.

Discus and support Windows suddenly booting in Recovery Mode only. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I am facing a weird problem that maybe someone can help with.I bought a new pre-built computer, but I wanted to keep all of my old data so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Walter_WW, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Walter_WW Win User

Windows suddenly booting in Recovery Mode only.

Hello, I am facing a weird problem that maybe someone can help with.I bought a new pre-built computer, but I wanted to keep all of my old data so I transferred my internal hard drives from my old computer to my new computer. After a bit of troubleshooting, all of those drives booted well and worked. After confirming everything worked, I connected just my old C drive with windows on it and the new hard drive that came with the computer that also had windows installed. I formatted that new hard drive, disconnected it and attempted to boot off just the old C drive. Here's where the issue comes in

:)

Walter_WW, Aug 26, 2021

2. Unable to boot the PC, stuck in recovery mode screen​

Hi Joe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to boot the PC normally as it is stuck in recovery mode.

1. Were there any recent updates installed on the PC?
    2. What is the exact make and model of the PC?

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Boot the PC into safe mode with networking and check if you are able to login. Refer the article to

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10
    , refer the section
    From a black or blank screen.

Method 2:

Perform a system restore to revert the PC back to the state when everything was working fine. Refer the article

Recovery options in Windows 10
    , refer the section
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC.

Note:
    Do not reset the PC; resetting the PC will remove all the data and installed programs from the PC.

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 26, 2021
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Windows 10 fails to boot, none of the recovery options is working

Thank you for getting back to us.

Since you mentioned that you can get to the recovery options, start the PC in safe mode to perform the suggestions previously posted.

You can read more about the recovery options in Windows 10 on
    this page
    . Refer to the following links for the next steps after reaching the recovery environment:

Update us so we can guide you further if necessary.

Ruz San, Aug 26, 2021
  4. Windows suddenly booting in Recovery Mode only.

Windows Went Recovery mode after uninstalling a program

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

• When you say "safe mode has limited options and they don't seem to work", are you able to boot the computer to the desktop in Safe mode?

If you are able to boot the computer in Safe mode, then proceed with the clean boot steps as suggested previously.

If you are still facing issues, then please reply with more information so that we can help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Aug 26, 2021
Thema:

Windows suddenly booting in Recovery Mode only.

1. Windows suddenly booting in Recovery Mode only. - Similar Threads - suddenly booting Recovery

2. Laptop only boots to OneKey Recovery Mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop only boots to OneKey Recovery Mode.: I have a Lenovo G580 running Windows 10 22H2. Yesterday, after a usual day of experimenting with VirtualBox, I simply opened Disk Manager. That's when I found 19 GB of OMR partition.I didn't know what it was then, and I tried formatting it with NTFS File system in diskpart...
  3. Laptop only boots to OneKey Recovery Mode.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop only boots to OneKey Recovery Mode.: I have a Lenovo G580 running Windows 10 22H2. Yesterday, after a usual day of experimenting with VirtualBox, I simply opened Disk Manager. That's when I found 19 GB of OMR partition.I didn't know what it was then, and I tried formatting it with NTFS File system in diskpart...
  4. Laptop only boots to OneKey Recovery Mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows keeps booting in recovery mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps booting in recovery mode: While I was updating my anti virus, Windows gave me a blue screen of death and when it restarted automatic repair kicked in, and keeps taking me to recovery mode. I tried doing continue to Windows, safe mode doesn't work, startup repair fails, there are no restore points...
  6. Windows keeps booting in recovery mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows keeps booting in recovery mode: While I was updating my anti virus, Windows gave me a blue screen of death and when it restarted automatic repair kicked in, and keeps taking me to recovery mode. I tried doing continue to Windows, safe mode doesn't work, startup repair fails, there are no restore points...
  7. Windows 11 boots suddenly into recovery mode, but wait theres more

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 boots suddenly into recovery mode, but wait theres more: ok so to start off here im gonna give you a little context into my device and then i will detail my issue and be as descriptive as i can, i really would appreciate any help or advice on this though, so here it is:I have an Asus Zenbook Pro Duo 14" with 1TB SSD and 32 GB of...
  8. Windows 11 boots suddenly into recovery mode, but wait theres more

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 boots suddenly into recovery mode, but wait theres more: ok so to start off here im gonna give you a little context into my device and then i will detail my issue and be as descriptive as i can, i really would appreciate any help or advice on this though, so here it is:I have an Asus Zenbook Pro Duo 14" with 1TB SSD and 32 GB of...
  9. Windows 10 - Can suddenly only boot in safe mode

Windows 10 - Can suddenly only boot in safe mode: My system suddenly started booting into a blue screen that says it encountered a problem with startup and will reboot. After few tries, I can choose from different Startup Options and Safe Mode with network still works. I plugged in a freshly created Windows 10 Boot Media USB...
  10. Windows 10 will only boot into recovery

Windows 10 will only boot into recovery: Hi, I have a dual boot laptop running Windows 10 alongside Ubuntu, and for no apparent reason, I am suddenly unable to boot into Windows 10, it just goes straight into recovery. I can still boot into Ubuntu and access the Windows 10 drives, and everything looks fine. The...