Windows 10: Windows Suddenly boots 5x slower

Discus and support Windows Suddenly boots 5x slower in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; In the past week, Windows has been booting really slowly. Usually, the wheel would spin 1.5 times and I'd be in, now it spins 7.5 times. First world... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Supra, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Supra Win User

Windows Suddenly boots 5x slower

In the past week, Windows has been booting really slowly. Usually, the wheel would spin 1.5 times and I'd be in, now it spins 7.5 times. First world problems I know.

It seemed to begin after an IRQL_NOT_LESS BSOD. Last update was on the 28th (KB4532695), and I have an image from before then but I don't think this update caused it.

1. I've checked health with CrystalDiskInfo, and benchmarked everything and they seem normal. SSD is at 520MB/s read.
    2. Followed 1-5 in this post
    3. Safe booted
    4. Disabled some startup services
    5. Cleared CMOS
    6. Scanned with MBAM

These made no difference. I have two programs that startup with Windows, EarTrumpet and FalconX. I have always had Fast Startup disabled.

What should I do?

:)

Supra, Feb 10, 2020
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Feb 10, 2020
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

4. 40wnks Win User

Boot time is getting slower and slower

I built my latest PC and upgraded the Windows 10 Home 32 bit to 64 bit back in December. I have 32GB RAM and have an I7 processor. My boot times continue to get slower and slower the past several months. I have googled solutions and tried many including booting into safe (no faster), using msconfig and the bootlog and verbose boot log and disabling services etc. Nothing seems to improve it. The OS is on a 256 GB OCZ SSD. I would love suggestions to speed up the boot which is about 4 minutes now. Would doing a clean install with a newly purchased Windows 10 Home or Pro solve it. That is my last choice. Thanks for reading.
    Thanks,
    Bill

40wnks, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Suddenly boots 5x slower - Similar Threads - Suddenly boots slower

2. My laptop suddenly became slower?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop suddenly became slower?: I usually use my laptop for work/study and since it is the end of the year with exams I'm finding myself studying a lot. However, I noticed when I had a lot of tabs open, my laptop was lagging and becoming very slow. I was quite shocked because this had not happened before...
  3. My laptop suddenly became slower?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop suddenly became slower?: I usually use my laptop for work/study and since it is the end of the year with exams I'm finding myself studying a lot. However, I noticed when I had a lot of tabs open, my laptop was lagging and becoming very slow. I was quite shocked because this had not happened before...
  4. Laptop suddenly much slower when unplugged

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop suddenly much slower when unplugged: In the past few weeks, I've found that my VIAO laptop has become much, much slower, especially when not plugged in. It'll often take full minutes to load a site. It's a lot better though when it's plugged in but immediately slows down again as soon as I unplug it, even if it...
  5. Computer suddenly slower?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer suddenly slower?: So, my computer has become suddenly slower and it worries me. Basically, I decided to get a new headset, and from that, it suddenly made my computer lag like crazy. It takes forever for google chrome to load, BUT, everything else I have like spotify, settings, etc work...
  6. Boot slower overtime on SSD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot slower overtime on SSD: Hi! I need some help on this because I can't really figure out what's going on. A few months ago my 7200 RPM HDD died on me, so I took that as an opportunity and switched to SSD. It's a Kingston A400 with 240 GB capacity. At first the boot time was pretty quick, around 10 -...
  7. Windows 10 boot suddenly a lot slower

Windows 10 boot suddenly a lot slower: Wondering if someone can help me out with this, ever since I've had Windows 10 on my machine (whatever version/build) the startup speed has always been really good, whether it's from a restart or using the "Fast startup" after shutdown (which is even faster) It's on an SSD...
  8. Microsoft Store suddenly slower download speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Store suddenly slower download speed: Hello, I have an issue with download speed on Microsoft Store, I am trying to download a pretty big game but my download speed is only 60-70 Mb/s but I am using ethernet and before it was 200+ Mb/s idk why it is slower than before, 130 Mb/s diference between now and my last...
  9. Windows suddenly boots 2-3x slower

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows suddenly boots 2-3x slower: I believe this started happening after I got a BSOD (IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL) and I changed my SoC/VDDP voltage, this was only in the last few days. The circle would spin a couple times and I'd be in, now it's like 4-6 times. Specs submitted by /u/xXMadSupraXx [link]...
  10. Boot time is getting slower and slower

Boot time is getting slower and slower: I built my latest PC and upgraded the Windows 10 Home 32 bit to 64 bit back in December. I have 32GB RAM and have an I7 processor. My boot times continue to get slower and slower the past several months. I have googled solutions and tried many including booting into safe (no...