Windows 10: Windows suddenly goes wonky one day after restart

Discus and support Windows suddenly goes wonky one day after restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an MSI GL63 8RE laptop using Wingows 10 Home ver. 1903 which was working fine until yesterday, but this morning suddenly it's become really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cooldudeachyut, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Windows suddenly goes wonky one day after restart

I have an MSI GL63 8RE laptop using Wingows 10 Home ver. 1903 which was working fine until yesterday, but this morning suddenly it's become really glitchy. For example, a lot of my apps won't open up at all, only a few games/apps not installed on the SSD(the Windows drive) work fine. Task manager acts unresponsive, it crashes every time I close it so I have to open another Task Manager to end its process, and the "details" tab remains blank. Steam opens up but gets stuck on "updating", and even Malwarebytes gets stuck in between when I'm trying to scan for any malware. Can't even open Brave/Chrome, and even if I can access Edge it cannot load anything even though I have internet access. It's like every app just gets stuck during its startup. Funny thing is that everything went back to normal for 5 minutes completely randomly after a couple of restarts but the problem came back.

I though it might be my SSD getting corrupt because that's where Windows is installed, but apparently everything works flawlessly when I open Windows in Safe Mode with Networking(which I'm currently using to create this post). I've tried disabling all the non-Microsoft services but that doesn't work either. I just cannot pinpoint what thing is causing this extremely weird problem.

Ultimately I gave up on all troubleshooting and just reset my PC while keeping my user files which solved everything for some time but after a few restarts the problem came back. The few things I did between the reset and the reappearance of the problem was install few of my Steam games, softwares like VLC, Winrar, OpenVPN etc. and graphics/audio drivers.

Please help, this is extremely frustating! Windows suddenly goes wonky one day after restart :(

:)

cooldudeachyut, Oct 29, 2019
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. little cat, Oct 29, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows suddenly goes wonky one day after restart

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows suddenly goes wonky one day after restart :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows suddenly goes wonky one day after restart

1. Windows suddenly goes wonky one day after restart - Similar Threads - suddenly goes wonky

2. My Laptop is suddenly slow after boot up on one day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop is suddenly slow after boot up on one day: My laptop has windows 10 64 bit,466gb ssd with 4 gb raminitially this laptop had hdd but as it was lsow i upgraded to ssd and it was working fine but one day when booting up before booting up into os it asked to install some reader and it said press any key to continue and i...
  3. My Laptop is suddenly slow after boot up on one day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop is suddenly slow after boot up on one day: My laptop has windows 10 64 bit,466gb ssd with 4 gb raminitially this laptop had hdd but as it was lsow i upgraded to ssd and it was working fine but one day when booting up before booting up into os it asked to install some reader and it said press any key to continue and i...
  4. My Laptop is suddenly slow after boot up on one day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 upgrade goes wonky, breaks menu and Start.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 upgrade goes wonky, breaks menu and Start.: I updated a computer that had not been updated in probably six weeks yesterday. When I went in this morning, weirdness was abound. This morning, I turn the thing back on and it gets to login, but when I login the Start menu never appears but the desk is populated with icons....
  6. Windows 11 upgrade goes wonky, breaks menu and Start.

Windows 11 upgrade goes wonky, breaks menu and Start.: I updated a computer that had not been updated in probably six weeks yesterday. When I went in this morning, weirdness was abound. This morning, I turn the thing back on and it gets to login, but when I login the Start menu never appears but the desk is populated with icons....
  7. Explorer.exe always goes wonky after 15-30 mins of use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer.exe always goes wonky after 15-30 mins of use: Having a problem where explorer.exe goes wonky 15-30mins after startup sometimes takes longer, sometimes immediately after startup. Issue results in me being unable to click on many parts of the computer start menu, apps, etc etc although clicking functionality still works on...
  8. Explorer.exe always goes wonky after 15-30 mins of use

Explorer.exe always goes wonky after 15-30 mins of use: Having a problem where explorer.exe goes wonky 15-30mins after startup sometimes takes longer, sometimes immediately after startup. Issue results in me being unable to click on many parts of the computer start menu, apps, etc etc although clicking functionality still works on...
  9. Windows restarted suddenly a day after resetting my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows restarted suddenly a day after resetting my laptop: I was using a Lenovo Ideapad 320-15IKB, and I reset it Keep my Files option after it got hit with the Automatic Repair Loop. I was using it just fine last night, but at the time of this writing, it just suddenly resetted itself. But the weird thing is that when I reset...
  10. Windows suddenly goes wonky after restart!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows suddenly goes wonky after restart!: I have an MSI GL63 8RE laptop using Wingows 10 Home ver. 1903 installed on a 128 GB SSD, which was working fine until yesterday, but this morning suddenly it's become really glitchy. For example, a lot of my apps won't open up at all, only a few games/apps not installed on...