Windows 10: Windows suddenly has failures I can't fix

Discus and support Windows suddenly has failures I can't fix in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently have run into a number of problems that I've tried to solve on my own, but now I'm at my wit's end. Here is what I've done so far. windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by prr, Feb 27, 2016.

1. PRR
    prr Win User

Windows suddenly has failures I can't fix

I recently have run into a number of problems that I've tried to solve on my own, but now I'm at my wit's end. Here is what I've done so far.
    • windows built in calculator wouldn't run (this app can't open check the Microsoft store).
    • sfc /scannow - got corrupted file errors (unable to fix)
    • ran DISM restorehealth with a mounted usb iso, got remote procedure call failed
    • tried to restore with restore point. I had absolutely created a restore when the last issue arose and was fixed but it's not there now.
    • ran reset, failed with "no changes were made"

I have run DISM successfully in the past so I don't think it's operator error. If anyone is familiar with problems like this I could use some help. I've been running Windows 10 since December, and occasionally getting an error which up till now I could fix with either sfc or dism. Now I'm stuck.

:)

2. PC Restarts while continuing Windows installation

I strongly believe it is a Hardware failure....but I dunno what part of the pc is the problem.

My last windows was 7. My brother was playing and suddenly the system restarted and since that day, it restarted suddenly everytime he played. Now I lost the windows and I try to install A windows again.... But the installation itself can't be completed
    cuz the pc itself restarts at the windows logo....

Any way to find the hardware failure?

CarmineFalcone, Feb 27, 2016
  3. Windows 10 can't type chinese on files ,notepad etc everything on PC, but browsers are ok

Suddenly can't type chinese on notepad while i wanted to copy something on youtube .

Couple days ago still fine , tried to remove input and add again not work , restart windows not work.

Funny is working fine on browsers

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

manwaikung, Feb 27, 2016
  4. Clintlgm Win User

Have you tested your hard drive with the manufacture diagnostic tool? It sounds like you could be dropping sectors.

Clintlgm, Feb 27, 2016
  5. PRR
    prr Win User
    I didn't check, but I will do that. Thanks for the suggestions. I ran the disk diagnostics. Everything seems fine.

Thema:

1. Windows suddenly has failures I can't fix - Similar Threads - suddenly has failures

2. how to fix a Microphone that has suddenly become too sensitive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix a Microphone that has suddenly become too sensitive?: I'm experiencing an issue where suddenly my mic sensitivity is bad and I haven't done anything to my settings. I can't even tap my mouse without it getting picked up....
  3. My laptop suddenly has no brightness controls - how can I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop suddenly has no brightness controls - how can I fix this?: My laptop suddenly has no settings to control the brightness. The FN keys don't work. There is no slider in my display settings or in the win+A quick settings menu. I am not using an external monitor, only the laptop.I've checked for driver updates and Windows updates; I'm...
  4. My laptop suddenly has no brightness controls - how can I fix this?

My laptop suddenly has no brightness controls - how can I fix this?: My laptop suddenly has no settings to control the brightness. The FN keys don't work. There is no slider in my display settings or in the win+A quick settings menu. I am not using an external monitor, only the laptop.I've checked for driver updates and Windows updates; I'm...
  5. Sudden failure and I can't boot up at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden failure and I can't boot up at all: Everything was working as normal when suddenly I got the blue screen of death. When it restarted, after attempting automatic recovery and diagnosing the PC, it fails to get any further. I've tried every option, restarting, restore point, installing again but everything fails....
  6. Sudden failure and I can't boot up at all

Sudden failure and I can't boot up at all: Everything was working as normal when suddenly I got the blue screen of death. When it restarted, after attempting automatic recovery and diagnosing the PC, it fails to get any further. I've tried every option, restarting, restore point, installing again but everything fails....
  7. Sudden failure and I can't boot up at all

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Sudden HEVC / H265 failure with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sudden HEVC / H265 failure with Windows 10: My 2016 production Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 computer suddenly stopped playing HEVC videos properly. I need this feature in my computer because of my work and entertainment purposes other that it should just work. It presented this behavior about two weeks ago. Before...
  9. Photos app suddenly has a lot of photos I can't delete

Photos app suddenly has a lot of photos I can't delete: I set windows media player as default and a bunch of photos downloaded to my laptop presumably from a shared album like one drive or something? and I can't delete them. I keep getting the message "We couldn't delete one or more of the files. Another app might be using them,...
  10. usb drive has corrupted file on it and i can't fix it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    usb drive has corrupted file on it and i can't fix it: So I'm trying to mod my Wii, and a USB drive is part of the process. I put an ISO for a Wii game on it to try and play it, not knowing it was corrupted. So now the USB drive is pretty much irreparable. I can't use CMD Prompt to check disk, because "The type of the file system...