Windows 10: Windows suddenly locking my laptop

Discus and support Windows suddenly locking my laptop in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So basically i was talking with some friends on discord and i accidently press windows and some random buttons but nothing happened and file explorer... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by BazleyShah, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Windows suddenly locking my laptop

So basically i was talking with some friends on discord and i accidently press windows and some random buttons but nothing happened and file explorer booted up so i just closed it thinking “well that probably happened because i pressed some keys just now” and i move on, a few minutes later my screen goes black and it says “locking” with a loading screen. I freak out and force shut down and now the problem im facing is that the laptop WONT start up now?? Anyone knows whats happening? Im also confused on why this happened since i didnt set my laptop to lock?

:)

BazleyShah, Mar 13, 2021
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Mar 13, 2021
  4. Windows suddenly locking my laptop

little cat, Mar 13, 2021
Thema:

Windows suddenly locking my laptop

1. Windows suddenly locking my laptop - Similar Threads - suddenly locking laptop

2. BitLocker suddenly locked my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker suddenly locked my laptop: I can not access to my Dell laptop anymore. Bitlocker is asking for password, but I do not have a password in my Microsoft Account. Please help to unlock my laptop Dell Latitude 7490...
  3. BitLocker suddenly locked my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker suddenly locked my laptop: I can not access to my Dell laptop anymore. Bitlocker is asking for password, but I do not have a password in my Microsoft Account. Please help to unlock my laptop Dell Latitude 7490...
  4. My laptop is suddenly unrecognisable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is suddenly unrecognisable: I switched on my laptop yesterday and it was just as if I was looking at somebody else's machine! Everything seems to have changed from the initial screen and background colour to all my items on the taskbar and icons on the screen. I see there was a Microsoft update...
  5. My laptop shutdown suddenly

My laptop shutdown suddenly: Hi all, It all started suddenly one day i was playing a game and then suddenly the laptop shutdown while there was 20% available i tried to turn it back on, it didn't work i plugged it into charge and waited for half an hour, i tried to turn it on it did but the suprise was...
  6. My laptop shutdown suddenly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop shutdown suddenly: Hi all, It all started suddenly one day i was playing a game and then suddenly the laptop shutdown while there was 20% available i tried to turn it back on, it didn't work i plugged it into charge and waited for half an hour, i tried to turn it on it did but the suprise was...
  7. My laptop is suddenly lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is suddenly lock: Respected Sir,My Laptop was suddenly show "Locking" and my laptop goes in sleep and it is not open until i turn to charging and when i open it my battery show's at 0% but I have charge it at least 50% to 60% but then it goes lock and goes sleep....
  8. My laptop is suddenly lock

My laptop is suddenly lock: Respected Sir,My Laptop was suddenly show "Locking" and my laptop goes in sleep and it is not open until i turn to charging and when i open it my battery show's at 0% but I have charge it at least 50% to 60% but then it goes lock and goes sleep....
  9. Locking of my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locking of my laptop: I have a DELL G3 3500 laptop. The issue with the laptop is that the laptop gets locked by itself while I'm gaming and it's so annoying. When I tried to support the technical support they say that it is windows bug and i am not getting help. It is so annoying when you're...
  10. My laptop suddenly said "lock..." and went black...?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop suddenly said "lock..." and went black...?: I just booted my laptop, opened the writing program and looked for a special character on the keyboard. Suddenly "lock..." appears and the screen turns black. I tried to shut it down, restart it and googled it but somehow couldn't find the right answer. It would be nice if...