Windows 10: Windows suddenly says it cannot be activated after years of use

Discus and support Windows suddenly says it cannot be activated after years of use in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have an Asus laptop that I bought in 2014. It came with Windows 8 preinstalled, and I upgraded it to Windows 10 through the free upgrade program that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by joranhas, Sep 16, 2020.

1. joranhas Win User

Windows suddenly says it cannot be activated after years of use

I have an Asus laptop that I bought in 2014. It came with Windows 8 preinstalled, and I upgraded it to Windows 10 through the free upgrade program that Microsoft offered when Windows 10 came out. I changed the laptop's hard drive to an ssd back in 2015, and had no problem doing so. I have been using the computer daily and have had no problems with Windows.

About a month ago, a watermark appeared on the lower right hand side of my screen saying that Windows was not activated. On the "Activation" screen in Settings, it says: "We can't activate Windows on this device right now. You can try activating again later or go to the Store to buy genuine Windows. Error code: 0xC004F034".

When I try running the activation Troubleshoot option, the troubleshooter says "We found a Windows 10 Home digital license for this device running Windows 10 Home. To activate using this digital license, select upgrade your edition of Windows". When I select "Upgrade your edition of Windows", the laptop restarts, but it doesn't fix the problem.

As far as I know, the laptop's Windows product key came preinstalled directly from Asus, and I have never tried changing it or using the product key on another computer. Windows activated properly when I first got the PC, and this new activation problem only appeared about a month ago, after years of use.

Any help in resolving the problem would be appreciated.

:)

joranhas, Sep 16, 2020

2. My PC suddenly says its not activated

For verification, now you are saying it isn't activated and Microsoft won't help you?

MeAndMyComputer, Sep 16, 2020
  3. My PC suddenly says its not activated

So now I have a clean install and windows is activated, what are my steps to find out why my original windows install wasn’t activated......

I await instructions........

and apart from checking activation, I do everything else as per your suggestions......will in future check validated once a month.......

reddwarf4ever, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Superfly Win User

My PC suddenly says its not activated

I wish I could hands-on your PC .... it's a bit difficult explaining stuff...

Superfly, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows suddenly says it cannot be activated after years of use - Similar Threads - suddenly says cannot

2. Need activation help. Tower just randomly says this after a year

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need activation help. Tower just randomly says this after a year: Confused as to why tower is saying this. It was working fine a week ago. Looking for answers please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-activation-help-tower-just-randomly-says-this/45cdbcd3-bc51-4f7b-80c2-eee17aff3ce5
  3. Activate Windows after already activated for years.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows after already activated for years.: Around November 2021 I downloaded a windows update that seems to have had corrupted my ucrtbase_clr0400.dll ver 12/7/19 file. Making me unable to install or update programs Discord wouldn't open because it needed an update and emulators wouldn't install. I would get a bad...
  4. Activate Windows after already activated for years.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate Windows after already activated for years.: Around November 2021 I downloaded a windows update that seems to have had corrupted my ucrtbase_clr0400.dll ver 12/7/19 file. Making me unable to install or update programs Discord wouldn't open because it needed an update and emulators wouldn't install. I would get a bad...
  5. Activate Windows after already activated for years.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows 10 was activated for years now it is not and I cannot activate it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 was activated for years now it is not and I cannot activate it.: I installed Windows 10 a while ago with no problem. Now it says I need to activate it. But I cannot as it says: we cannot connect to your organizations activation server. The problem is that the computer has never been connected to an organization it has always been a private...
  7. I used not activated Windows 10 for 2 years but now it says it's activated by organization.

I used not activated Windows 10 for 2 years but now it says it's activated by organization.: Hi, I use a free copy of Windows genuine but not activated Windows but since yesterday it says Windows is activated by the organization. I tried removing the license using cmd and restarted my Windows and after I clicked on troubleshooting Windows activation, It got...
  8. Activate Windows after 2 years

Activate Windows after 2 years: I bought my pc from a reputable retailer 2 years ago and activated Windows at that time Today I woke my computer from hibernation, and there's a permanent message on the screen telling me to activate Windows Why is it asking me to do that? I've already activated it I...
  9. Windows 10 suddenly not activated after years of being activated

Windows 10 suddenly not activated after years of being activated: Last night, my Windows 10 20H2 is suddenly not activated, giving an error code of 0x8007007B. I've had this copy of windows since Windows 8 when was upgraded for free to Windows 10. I bought the copy of Windows 8 so long ago I didn't remember the product key. Is there a way...
  10. Windows 10 suddenly saying Windows is not activated after changing nothing

Windows 10 suddenly saying Windows is not activated after changing nothing: Last week I unplugged my computer and rearranged some cables, and suddenly, this computer is suddenly saying Windows 10 is not activated. I built this computer myself, and it has been working for years with no trouble on an OEM Windows 8.1 license in a retail package from...