Windows 10: Windows suddenly started stuttering

Discus and support Windows suddenly started stuttering in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; All of a sudden my windows 11 desktop started stuttering and lagging, both video and audio. The pc starts stuttering immediately from boot but gets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by OliverLien, Jun 13, 2024.

1. Windows suddenly started stuttering

All of a sudden my windows 11 desktop started stuttering and lagging, both video and audio. The pc starts stuttering immediately from boot but gets even more aggressive when starting a game, in this case CSGO which isn't even an intense game. Keep in mind I used my computer yesterday with no lag at all, this appeared today and it's there even when idle doesn't matter if I play a game or am just chilling on the desktop with nothing open.I have tried the following:Running sfc /scannowUsing safe mode / clean boot stuttered then aswellUninstalled gpu drivers using DDU and reinstalled the latest

:)

OliverLien, Jun 13, 2024

2. Windows 10 Suddenly Starts to Lag

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • Are you using any 3rd party antivirus program?

Meanwhile, we suggest performing the suggested steps on this article
    on how to improve the performance of your Windows 10 device.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jun 13, 2024
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

4. KaiN05 Win User

Windows suddenly started stuttering

Video Stuttering

Not sure what started causing this issue recently but I’ve noticed movies have a frame stutter or refresh rate stutter or like frame drops on the Xbox Series X. It happens when watching movies on Disney Plus, Prime Video and Movies & TV.

I tried all the suggestions listed around the internet. None of them worked. When using the apps on my Smart TV the stutter/frame drop isn’t there. Even when using screen mirror it isn’t.

Just started sometime in March. Only thing that changed was an update in March. I have no idea what’s wrong.

KaiN05, Jun 13, 2024
Thema:

Windows suddenly started stuttering

1. Windows suddenly started stuttering - Similar Threads - suddenly started stuttering

2. Windows suddenly started stuttering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows suddenly started stuttering: All of a sudden my windows 11 desktop started stuttering and lagging, both video and audio. The pc starts stuttering immediately from boot but gets even more aggressive when starting a game, in this case CSGO which isn't even an intense game. Keep in mind I used my computer...
  3. Windows suddenly started crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows suddenly started crashing: Hi everyone,yesterday I suddenly started expiriencing crashes in Windows. It happens during different workloads, mostly while gaming but also during normal operation. Sometimes I can see the bluescreen, sometimes it just suddenly reboots. The minidump files are showing...
  4. Suddenly audio started to stutter or skip 3 months prior while gaming. Before that it was...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly audio started to stutter or skip 3 months prior while gaming. Before that it was...: Specs:i7-37708 Gb RamR9 380 4GBI was playing Genshin Impact and the auido was fine. but the next day and till now the audio is skipping. i installed fresh windows and this problem still occures. Ive attachged a link to the video i recorded to show whats i mean by audio...
  5. Suddenly audio started to stutter or skip 3 months prior while gaming. Before that it was...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Suddenly audio started to stutter or skip 3 months prior while gaming. Before that it was...: Specs:i7-37708 Gb RamR9 380 4GBI was playing Genshin Impact and the auido was fine. but the next day and till now the audio is skipping. i installed fresh windows and this problem still occures. Ive attachged a link to the video i recorded to show whats i mean by audio...
  6. Sudden extreme mouse stutter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden extreme mouse stutter: So, suddenly after a random PC reboot during the night, my mouse has become super sluggish when my computer is under heavy load. the computer isn't sluggish only the mouse is. I do 3d modeling so i use a lot of resources but it was never like this before. Normally, when my...
  7. Sudden extreme mouse stutter

Sudden extreme mouse stutter: So, suddenly after a random PC reboot during the night, my mouse has become super sluggish when my computer is under heavy load. the computer isn't sluggish only the mouse is. I do 3d modeling so i use a lot of resources but it was never like this before. Normally, when my...
  8. My games suddenly stuttering.

My games suddenly stuttering.: It used to be fine playing games like Elden Ring or Dark Souls but suddenly my laptop starts to stuttering/ lagging.Although there's a sign of using GPU when playing the game but the fan doesn't spinning.I need help if possible without downloading anything like driversMy...
  9. My games suddenly stuttering.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My games suddenly stuttering.: It used to be fine playing games like Elden Ring or Dark Souls but suddenly my laptop starts to stuttering/ lagging.Although there's a sign of using GPU when playing the game but the fan doesn't spinning.I need help if possible without downloading anything like driversMy...
  10. Start-up stuttering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start-up stuttering: When I start the PC after turning it off the day before, it suffers from stuttering. After I restart the PC it all goes back to normal with no stuttering to be seen for as long as I leave the PC on, even if a day goes by. It all started after one of the latest Windows 10...