Windows 10: Windows Suddenly turned on and all my stuff is gone

Discus and support Windows Suddenly turned on and all my stuff is gone in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just turned on my pc today and it on sign in page said configuring and suddenly all my stuff is gone, nvidia control panel is missing, all my files are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sdesign77, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Windows Suddenly turned on and all my stuff is gone

Just turned on my pc today and it on sign in page said configuring and suddenly all my stuff is gone, nvidia control panel is missing, all my files are are their but no shortcuts , my theme is reset, it said I'm signed into temporary account Pls help!!!

submitted by /u/Sdesign77
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sdesign77, Nov 5, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 5, 2020
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

4. Windows Suddenly turned on and all my stuff is gone

How to turn the "My Stuff" dialog box

Hi Jerry,

Sorry to know that the Cortana is not working in Windows 10.

For better understanding of the issue, please reply to the following questions.

• Do you get any error message on Cortana?

• Did you make any changes to the system prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps listed below and check if it resolves the issue.

Make sure that Cortana is enabled:

Click on the Taskbar search box, click Settings icon, and then make sure that the option labelled Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more is turned ON.

Turn on Location

• Click on Start and select Settings, navigate to Privacy > Location.

• On the right-side, under Location, you will see On if the location is enabled for this device.

• And, if the location for this device is not enabled, please click the Change button, and then move the slider to on position.
    Install all Windows Updates

Most of the issues are fixed by installing Windows Updates make sure that your system is up-to-date.

Type Windows Updates in search bar and select Check for updates from the results.

If updates are available, try installing them and check.

Hope this information is helpful.

Ruth Buruga, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows Suddenly turned on and all my stuff is gone

1. Windows Suddenly turned on and all my stuff is gone - Similar Threads - Suddenly turned stuff

2. Why is all my files and data gone from my laptop all of the sudden?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is all my files and data gone from my laptop all of the sudden?: I recently logged in back to my school laptop, only just to find all my settings in default and all of my data and files are missing to. I did research on it and the only explanation I could find is something about a temporary account. I've tried everything but I can't find...
  3. PLEASE HELP ALL MY STUFF IS GONE

PLEASE HELP ALL MY STUFF IS GONE: When i tried to make another account for windows i disabled my main account and i cant change it back because i was stupid and now i cant enable my account back and it deleted all my stuff can someone help...
  4. All my images, documents and other stuff is gone after an error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All my images, documents and other stuff is gone after an error: My PC froze completely, so I had to hard reboot, and it booted, then froze again. I rebooted it again, and then the PC told me "The User Profile Service failed the sign-in". I exited and tried logging in again, and this time it worked but everything was reset. I still had all...
  5. All of my processes suddenly turning off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    All of my processes suddenly turning off: Not that much, I was just doing nothing on my pc while trying to remind something while also having the hidden icons open the background processes menu you know.. While out of nowhere all of them, except MalwareBytes and Discord suddenly turn off, including the virus...
  6. System tray stuff suddenly gone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System tray stuff suddenly gone: I've been noticing problem after problem today. My area had a sudden power cut due to construction. When it came back, my PC ran updates, and when it came back, things just started messing up. Programs were sending out fatal errors, the OS seemed slow as molasses to boot, and...
  7. Folder and all files in it suddenly gone

Folder and all files in it suddenly gone: I work on cover art and recently made a folder, in the middle of working on one i went to save my current cover but the folder was gone. Every file and trace is gone and i cant open anything. Anybody know anything about this?...
  8. all my stuff is gone!

all my stuff is gone!: yesterday after restarting my computer it had been a while all my stuff disappeared....my desktop background pic was removed to a black screen, icons on my task bar turned into little blank piece of paper icons, file folders on my desktop are gone, lots of programs are gone...
  9. All of my networking stuff is gone after BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All of my networking stuff is gone after BSOD: Same old Page fault error, but now I have no way to access the internet. How do I fix this? Edit My drivers are still in Device Manager, but toggling then doesn't do anything *and the BSOD error mentioned the wireless network adapter, I think submitted by...
  10. i did a update and all my stuff is gone

i did a update and all my stuff is gone: I did a update and all my stuff is gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-did-a-update-and-all-my-stuff-is-gone/77ef77ff-5c62-49ec-b73f-12cec50eeb11"