Windows 10: Windows suddenly very slow

Discus and support Windows suddenly very slow in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This morning everything just fine, I played one game called Burnout, frames are fine, everything at 60. Suddenly this afternoon and I don't know what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JonathanWijaya, Feb 21, 2023.

1. Windows suddenly very slow

This morning everything just fine, I played one game called Burnout, frames are fine, everything at 60. Suddenly this afternoon and I don't know what triggers it, the frame just stutter. Like crazy, I didn't even change the settings, it just randomly drop, I test another game, Valorant. I have like 60 frame almost all the time, but today suddenly the frame went 15-30 and keep stuttering without a reason, it never happend before even though there's a lot of stuff happening on the screen.I've been browsing google and searching for possible solution, and yes I have done almost all of it... please

:)

JonathanWijaya, Feb 21, 2023

2. Extremely slow pc suddenly windows 8.1

Windows 8.1 suddenly my pc is extremely slow any suggestions please

johnsonconnie, Feb 21, 2023
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

4. Windows suddenly very slow

Lenovo laptop suddenly slow

I have a new Lenovo E580 laptop (bought January 2019) which suddenly started to run very slow. I have especially noticed it with build times in Visual Studio and loading times for a local website in IIS.

I have tried to reinstall Windows 10 Pro by formatting the entire computer but it’s still slow.

Laptop spec:

• Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    • CPU: i7-8550U 2.00GHz
    • 16 GB RAM
    • 512 SSD

Software where I really notice the slowness:

• Visual Studio Community 2019 Version 16.3.9
    • IIS to Windows 10

I have tried to setup an older laptop with the same software installed as the new laptop, to compare the loading times. The old laptop has a very similar spec. (i7-4700MQ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, 256 SSD). The load time for a local website on the new laptop is 78 seconds where on the old is 30 seconds. On the new laptop it used to be around 30 seconds as well.

It’s not just Visual Studio and IIS that is slow it’s the entire laptop. I thought it would be fixed by reinstalling Windows but there were no improvements. I suspect it’s a hardware issue, but I don’t get any errors, and everything looks fine.

Does anyone have suggestions to what I can try to pinpoint this issue or is it better to contact Lenovo support, as the new laptop is still under warranty?

Høgsdal, Feb 21, 2023
Thema:

Windows suddenly very slow

1. Windows suddenly very slow - Similar Threads - suddenly very slow

2. My PC is suddenly very slow and laggy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC is suddenly very slow and laggy: I have an ASUS TUF Dash F15 that I purchased back in July. The performance has been nothing but amazing. However, since late November, I've been experiencing a lot of lag in switching tabs, opening new windows, opening apps, and even things like typing become slow and my...
  3. Windows suddenly very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows suddenly very slow: This morning everything just fine, I played one game called Burnout, frames are fine, everything at 60. Suddenly this afternoon and I don't know what triggers it, the frame just stutter. Like crazy, I didn't even change the settings, it just randomly drop, I test another...
  4. Windows 11 hotspot very slow suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 hotspot very slow suddenly: Hello all, My Windows 11 hotspot seems to be very slow all of a sudden. I have been using my laptop's wifi 6 card for hotspot to play VR wirelessly and it always gives a speed of 1200mb but since yesterday it's only giving 286mb, and it's not the problem with VR as it works...
  5. Windows 11 hotspot very slow suddenly

Windows 11 hotspot very slow suddenly: Hello all, My Windows 11 hotspot seems to be very slow all of a sudden. I have been using my laptop's wifi 6 card for hotspot to play VR wirelessly and it always gives a speed of 1200mb but since yesterday it's only giving 286mb, and it's not the problem with VR as it works...
  6. PC suddenly very slow and BSOD

PC suddenly very slow and BSOD: So I bought a new PC one month ago and it was working fine the first few days, but then I started getting BSOD on startup. It would happen rarely so it didn't bother me that much, but yesterday my PC suddenly got very slow. I couldn't play games I used to play, every time I...
  7. PC suddenly very slow and BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC suddenly very slow and BSOD: So I bought a new PC one month ago and it was working fine the first few days, but then I started getting BSOD on startup. It would happen rarely so it didn't bother me that much, but yesterday my PC suddenly got very slow. I couldn't play games I used to play, every time I...
  8. Window 10 Laptop Suddenly Running Very Slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Window 10 Laptop Suddenly Running Very Slow: Greetings, I have a fairly decent laptop with Windows 10 that has been working fine up until yesterday when my laptop sudden started being very slow. When I click on my folders, it would take up to 5secs for the folders window to pop up, which normally would be fairly...
  9. Windows is suddenly working very slow.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows is suddenly working very slow.: Hello, so approximatelly 2 weeks ago, windows is running very slow. For example to open a Folder it needs usually 1-2 Minutes, when I run Chrome it is just not responding in 2 Minutes after running(so I use Mozilla). I thout that it was because of uninstalled updates, but I...
  10. Windows 10 suddenly goes very slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 suddenly goes very slow: My Windows 10 desktop sometimes goes very slow and everything is delayed, I have to restart constantly and it's getting irritating, anybody know any possible causes or solutions? Specs: CPU: Intel Core i5 6400 2.7 Ghz GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530 RAM: 8 GB Windows 10...