Windows 10: Windows suddenly will not detect one montior. The other one flickers!

Discus and support Windows suddenly will not detect one montior. The other one flickers! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I left my PC running last night which I dont normally do and my main monitor now cant be detected by windows and my secondary monitor flickers every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by xake83k, Jan 28, 2021.

1. xake83k Win User

Windows suddenly will not detect one montior. The other one flickers!

I left my PC running last night which I dont normally do and my main monitor now cant be detected by windows and my secondary monitor flickers every few seconds and when it flickers the screen kind of refreshes, my cursor goes away for a second, it stops recognizing keystrokes, and the computer freezes for a moment. However, when my main monitor the one that wont connect at all is turned off, the flickering stops. The main monitor is stuck in a loop of trying to connect to my computer.

A couple weeks ago I experienced this same problem immediately after a Windows update. The problem went away immediately after uninstalling my antivirus, Eset. This time, there was no windows update involved, and I have tried uninstalling Eset again and the problem is still persisting. I system restored my PC to one week ago and I'm still experiencing the problem. Again, the problem started this morning. I was using my PC late last night and left it running. I think I actually left the monitors on. Normally I power everything down when I'm done.

I decided to look at my windows update history and the only thing that was installed/updated today were 2 Samsung drivers:

SAMSUNG Electronics Co., Ltd. - USB - 2.17.6.0 and SAMSUNG Electronics Co., Ltd. - Modem - 2.17.6.0

Yesterday I did plug in my samsung phone to transfer music off my computer, but I did that in the evening and these drivers were updated sometime after 12am last night.

These drivers only show up in device manager when my samsung cell phone is plugged in yesterday evening I transferred music off of my desktop. When I uninstall them it doesnt fix the problem.

Due to only one monitor flickering, i dont think it's an issue with my drivers... A few weeks ago when I had the same problem I went through my display/GPU, installed them, updated them, and tried rolling them back and nothing fixed it. All I did was uninstall Eset and the problem immediately went away. The only reason I even tried uninstalling Eset is because I was trying to do a system restore and was getting a notification from windows that I would need to uninstall eset prior to doing the system restore.

Can anyone please help me?

:)

xake83k, Jan 28, 2021

2. 2nd Montior (VGA) detected but always blank

I am having trouble getting my second monitor to work. This system has been working with 1 monitor just fine. I dug up an older HP VGA monitor to add on and the system detects the monitor just fine, but nothing appears on it.

The HP monitor works fine when I connect it using the same cable to my wife's laptop.

I configured Windows to DUPLICATE the monitors (for now). I have searched for solutions and find others with similar issues, but no solutions that seem to apply to my situation.

Thank you for any advice you can give!!

Here are some screen shots that might help:

Device Manger Detects Both Monitors:

Windows suddenly will not detect one montior. The other one flickers! [​IMG]

Windows Detects Both Monitors In Graphics Settings:

AMD Control Center Sees Both Monitors

Windows Version #: 1909 (Build 18363.752)

- - - Updated - - -

Just one more detail...The HP monitor seems to be detecting a signal because the Check Video Cable message goes away and it indicates that it is set to 1600 x 900 - 60Hz

JackInBrooklyn, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Jan 28, 2021
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows suddenly will not detect one montior. The other one flickers! - Similar Threads - suddenly detect montior

2. speech one core and other files detection with regpair

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    speech one core and other files detection with regpair: i keep finding empty registry keys and non existent files or folders and a obsolete software entry im using regpair to scan my registry over and over again but cant seem to remove those...
  3. 2 mouse cursors, one fixed, other flickers!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2 mouse cursors, one fixed, other flickers!: I'm posting this on behalf of a friend, who has an Asus all in one PC running Windows 10, and a few weeks ago has started having two mouse arrows on screen, one is fixed at the bottom of the screen on the taskbar, right in the middle, in a sort of bubble, nothing I do can...
  4. One partition suddenly inaccessible

in Windows 10 Support
    One partition suddenly inaccessible: 1909 [img] diskmgmt.msc also showed it to be healthy. diskmgmt.msc's properties was the only thing that revealed that all permissions were gone!. I was able to create ("Add") permissions in the properties' Security tap. Problem solved. I am writing to ask whether...
  5. 2nd Montior (VGA) detected but always blank

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2nd Montior (VGA) detected but always blank: I am having trouble getting my second monitor to work. This system has been working with 1 monitor just fine. I dug up an older HP VGA monitor to add on and the system detects the monitor just fine, but nothing appears on it. The HP monitor works fine when I connect it using...
  6. 2 iPhone 7s, one is detected in Windows 10 and the other is not

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2 iPhone 7s, one is detected in Windows 10 and the other is not: Hello, I have two iPhone 7s that I am trying to back up to my PC The first iPhone is my own which is detected in iTunes and Windows and I am able to view the phone as a storage device and transfer files The second iPhone is my wife's which is detected in iTunes but is not...
  7. One monitor brighter than the other one?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    One monitor brighter than the other one?: Since a few days I have a dual-screen setup but one thing is bugging me: The left (LG Flatron W2261VP) is BRIGHTER than my older right monitor (IIYAMA) and it's very noticable on the taskbar. I now have a brown taskbar and one bar is SIGNIFICALLY brighter than the other one)...
  8. One monitor brighter than the other one?

in Windows 10 Support
    One monitor brighter than the other one?: Since a few days I have a dual-screen setup but one thing is bugging me: The left (LG Flatron W2261VP) is BRIGHTER than my older right monitor (IIYAMA) and it's very noticable on the taskbar. I now have a brown taskbar and one bar is SIGNIFICALLY brighter than the other one)...
  9. Dual montior not detecting but displaying

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual montior not detecting but displaying: Hello I recently bought a new adapter for my second screen, it was a display port to HDMI cable but it was faulty so I bought a display port to HDMI adapter and used an HDMI cable. Im not sure if any of this is relevant but its the only thing that's changed prior to my...
  10. One workgroup pc suddenly not cooperating with the others

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One workgroup pc suddenly not cooperating with the others: I have a four-computer network that generally works well. On each pc's desktop there are four icons for the four pcs that each contain icons that allow easy file transfer between the pcs. Mostly I back up audio and video files on more than one pc. This backing-up process...