Windows 10: Windows support wanting to charge me to fix an issue related to a windows update.

Discus and support Windows support wanting to charge me to fix an issue related to a windows update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello World, First off I would like to say that I am new to posting here and I am not 100% sure sure as to where I need to post this specific topic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Coezzy, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Coezzy Win User

Windows support wanting to charge me to fix an issue related to a windows update.

Hello World,

First off I would like to say that I am new to posting here and I am not 100% sure sure as to where I need to post this specific topic as this is the closest topic which also relates to my issue.

Recently on my computer and as I understand other peoples computers as well from searching on how to fix this, is that after a windows update, Your files start to compress themselves automatically, without giving any knowledge and or approval and of course without any reason or need to do so in some circumstances, Though speaking for myself, I have a separate drive dedicated to Windows OS With 100GB Free at all times, where there is no need for compression of any files even after a sturdy update.

My files started to randomly compress as not all files were compressed, These being things such as folders with nothing inside them (Being Newly Created or old) or Word Documents that had absolutely no weight or reason to be compressed, Pictures or small video clips. These just randomly selected and then compressed.

I obviously did not do this and was stumped on how to decompress all these random folders, So I took to chat support and asked for assistance.

I explained my issue and was told by windows support that this is an error or issue relating to recent updates, I asked support if he could tell me what I need to do in order to fix this, he said he knew how to fix it but insisted that I must run a basic troubleshoot and if that does not work, we will proceed to a advanced troubleshooting process by where I need to pay a subscription fee or plan.

Of course I ran the troubleshoot and during this process he took the time to offer me more services that I did not need. The troubleshooting process had finished and nothing was wrong or detected and I gave this information to the support personal and he then stated that we need to move on to the advanced troubleshooting which means I need to pay.

This is where I have a issue, is that if it was my fault and I caused this issue, I can see why I would need to pay for this service, but according to the internet and the support personal at windows support chat, it was an issue relating to an update, something that is completely out of my control.

Yet I explained this and was told there is nothing they can do unless I pay. I think this is rotten, daylight robbery and taking advantage of people with limited knowledge when it comes to computers.

So for anyone having the same issue where your files are being compressed without your knowledge and you looking to decompress them, all you need to do is the following :

Open your windows explorer,

right click your drive which is compressed,

Click on properties,

And Uncheck the box that say compress this drive.

Click apply and do it for all folders and sub folders.

If the issue still persist on your desktop,

then do the same by opening windows explorer,

right click desktop,

go to properties and then advanced in the general tab,

and once again uncheck the box that stats compress this folder or files...

Do that for every fold you find.

I really hope this helps people.

:)

Coezzy, Feb 14, 2019

2. Windows update issues

It works, but I still need to fix it so that way I dont have to plug computers directly to the modem to get windows update to work. It was also blocking me from installing directx.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Techtu Win User
    Windows update issues

+1

If your wireless router has a built in firewall maybe it's somehow set to block the ports that Windows updates use?

I'd also suggest if it works with it being directly connected then you could try resetting your router to see if this fixes the issue.

That's my 2 cents anyways. *Smile Windows support wanting to charge me to fix an issue related to a windows update. :)

Techtu, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Windows support wanting to charge me to fix an issue related to a windows update.

Windows update issues

Just a real quick question for you guys. Have any of you been having issues with Windows Update at all? I havent gotten updates in about 2months because of the following:

Error code 8024402f. I get the following from Help and support:

Its like this even with a fresh install of different OS's.

Not sure how to fix it.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows support wanting to charge me to fix an issue related to a windows update.

1. Windows support wanting to charge me to fix an issue related to a windows update. - Similar Threads - support wanting charge

2. Windows Related Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Related Issue: Hi Sir My Name is Naman Dwivedi I don't know I see a video on YouTube saying if you use your maximum core in windows 10 it will work fast so in my pc the maximum cores are 2 so I select 2 and click on apply and save and it was asking for restarting pc then I click on to...
  3. Windows Related Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Related Issue: Hi Sir My Name is Naman Dwivedi I don't know I see a video on YouTube saying if you use your maximum core in windows 10 it will work fast so in my pc the maximum cores are 2 so I select 2 and click on apply and save and it was asking for restarting pc then I click on to...
  4. Windows Related Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Charging issues with the windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Charging issues with the windows 11 update: After updating my PC, my laptop shows my charger plugged in and charging. However it doesn't increase in percentage, it has been stuck on 40% for hours now and still shows charging....
  6. Charging issues with the windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Charging issues with the windows 11 update: After updating my PC, my laptop shows my charger plugged in and charging. However it doesn't increase in percentage, it has been stuck on 40% for hours now and still shows charging....
  7. Update and windows insiders preview related issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update and windows insiders preview related issues: I have some serious issue regarding update please help me as soon as possible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-and-windows-insiders-preview-related-issues/766b1c73-469b-4513-9864-6300eec81191
  8. issues related to windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    issues related to windows update: I'm unable to see Windows Update settings in in Update and Security section on my Windows 10 Home Edition after some update was installed. I've run a Windows Update troubleshooter and got an ' Check for Windows Update issues detected'. Detection details as the following:...
  9. want to stop getting billed for driver support charges?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    want to stop getting billed for driver support charges?: could I please stop being charged for driver support ? I no longer need to be billed for something I can update myself. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-to-stop-getting-billed-for-driver-support/afd8adb0-9b5f-41c4-9d1f-59eeb4aaa7cd
  10. Issue related windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue related windows update: When I updated my laptop to new version , I found my laptop was kinda lagging and Windows Store, maps and Xbox was not working. So I did factory reset . After factory reset (this is the worst part) my laptop's Intel HD graphics , sound and mic , battery icon these were...