Windows 10: Windows Surface 2 Laptop Touchpad issue

Discus and support Windows Surface 2 Laptop Touchpad issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello All, I am having an issue with my touch pad and its driving me crazy, I turned on double tap and drag and now when I double tap lets say a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Flyinpenguin08, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Windows Surface 2 Laptop Touchpad issue

Hello All,

I am having an issue with my touch pad and its driving me crazy, I turned on double tap and drag and now when I double tap lets say a scroll bar, if I get to close to the edge of the touch pad on all sides the cursor will automatically just keep moving in that direction until I like my finger. This happens on everything, not just the scroll bars. I could have nothing selected and could just double tap the touch pad and if I get to close to the edge it will just keep moving until I lift. I have tried researching this issue and have not been able to find any information as to what could be causing this or if its just a defect. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

Flyinpenguin08, Jun 1, 2019
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jun 1, 2019
  3. Lenovo 2 11 w/Windows 10 touchpad issue

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

This issue may occur due to corrupted or incompatible drivers, missing updates, incorrect device settings or hardware problems.

Method 1:

Let's first run hardware and troubleshooter and check.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting “in the search box and hit
      enter.
    • Click on Hardware and sound.
    • Click on Hardware and device and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Method 2:

If the issue is not resolved, I would suggest you to un-install and re-install touchpad driver from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Un-install the drivers:

Follow these steps:

• Click on Start icon.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Right click on the
      touchpad drivers and select “Uninstall”.
    • Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.
    Step 2:

I would suggest you to install latest touchpad driver from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jun 1, 2019
  4. Josie23 Win User

Windows Surface 2 Laptop Touchpad issue

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

Windows Surface 2 Laptop Touchpad issue [​IMG]

Josie23, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows Surface 2 Laptop Touchpad issue

1. Windows Surface 2 Laptop Touchpad issue - Similar Threads - Surface Laptop Touchpad

2. Windows Surface 2 touchpad problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Surface 2 touchpad problem: I have a Windows Surface 2. The touch pad bounces around the screen and clicks on it's own. I took it to Geeks Squad but they could not help and said it was the touchpad. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  3. Windows Surface 2 touchpad problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Surface 2 touchpad problem: I have a Windows Surface 2. The touch pad bounces around the screen and clicks on it's own. I took it to Geeks Squad but they could not help and said it was the touchpad. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  4. Windows Surface 2 touchpad problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microsoft Surface 2 Laptop - Touch screen issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Surface 2 Laptop - Touch screen issues: Hello there, I have a Microsoft Surface 2 Laptop with touch screen. It works fine in the UEFI, and once I unistall and reinstall the drivers, the touch screen works.However, when I close the device manually bringing the keyboard and screen together, the touch screen stops...
  6. Microsoft Surface 2 Laptop - Touch screen issues

Microsoft Surface 2 Laptop - Touch screen issues: Hello there, I have a Microsoft Surface 2 Laptop with touch screen. It works fine in the UEFI, and once I unistall and reinstall the drivers, the touch screen works.However, when I close the device manually bringing the keyboard and screen together, the touch screen stops...
  7. Network connection issues on Microsoft Surface Laptop 2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network connection issues on Microsoft Surface Laptop 2: I'll try and explain this as best I can. Hopefully I'm posting in the right spot. What I'm working with: Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 (Love it) Windows 10 Home ISP - RCN with Arris high speed modem/router but the router part is disabled because its connected to an Eero and...
  8. Bluetooth issues on Surface Laptop 2, Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth issues on Surface Laptop 2, Windows 10: This is actually driving me mad, and I'm going around in circles. I have the Microsoft Designer Keyboard and Mouse for my Surface Laptop 2. I have a set at home, and at work. About a week ago, my mouse just stopped pairing. I can see it still listed under device manager,...
  9. Touchpad not working - Surface Laptop 2

Touchpad not working - Surface Laptop 2: My touchpad stopped working after a few months. I think it is the I2C HID Device that is the cause [ATTACH] I have tried to uninstall the driver and the restart the computer and in the beginning it worked but then after a while I got the same error again. But now it...
  10. surface 2 laptop issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    surface 2 laptop issues: hello, i have surface 2 laptop, win 10 O.S . its a corp laptop. every time i wake it up from hibernate, laptop stuck and CPU is 100 precent. any idea why? also sometimes when i use office with that laptop, CPU is to high. thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface laptop 2 touchpad issue

2. surface laptop 2 trackpad issues

3. surface laptop touchpad issues

4. surface laoptop 2 touchpad en lights,
  5. touchpad surface laptop issues,
  6. surface laptop touchpad dragging windows icon,
  7. surface laptop touchpad issue,
  8. surface laptop 2 touchpad driver,
  9. fix touchpad issues windows 10 surface book 2,
  10. trackpad on surface laptop 2 stuck on select,
  11. surface pro laptoptouchpad problems,