Windows 10: windows surface needs to be reset

Discus and support windows surface needs to be reset in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; It is asking for the recovery key. I have the KeyID but do not know where to input it to get the recovery key. Is there a link? I am trying to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by scottsah, Jan 31, 2019.

1. scottsah Win User

windows surface needs to be reset

It is asking for the recovery key. I have the KeyID but do not know where to input it to get the recovery key.

Is there a link? I am trying to recover the surface for an elderly friend of my wife who does not have any of the info I would need, eg passwords, ids, etc.

BTW, has anyone else noticed that MS has made it incredibly difficult to help parents, aunts/ uncles etc who have limited tech skills? The log in info needed to regain access is nearly impossible in these circumstances. Has anyone found a way to solve it?

Thanks

Scott

:)

scottsah, Jan 31, 2019
  2. epete Win User

Reset Surface Pro 4 Software / now have errors

Thanks. I have already started a second effort to reset the Surface and not preserve any personal files. (Personal files are all stored elsewhere anyway) I suspect the same thing will happen. When it does, I will give your suggestions a try. By the way, after a reset, is there any way for me to keep my original PC name. My MS Office listed the original pc name as one of the 5 installs on my license. I didn't want to use up 2 licences on one PC.

epete, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, windows surface needs to be reset :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Jan 31, 2019
  4. windows surface needs to be reset

SURFACE PRO 3 RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS PROBLEM

The camera caused a system freeze every time it was activated so I thought why not restore.

• I attempted to reset my Surface Pro 3 to Factory defaults.
    • The Surface Pro made it to 1% then crashed.
    • Now it is in a reboot loop.

I have tried several times and now it gives an "Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing" error.

Do you have any suggestions on how to make it work again?

ScottPlatt1, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

windows surface needs to be reset

1. windows surface needs to be reset - Similar Threads - surface needs reset

2. How to reset surface pen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset surface pen?: My surface go 2 broke recently with my pen connected, I bought a new surface and now when I try to connect it, it flashes for 2-3 seconds which means it is already paired but I can not unpair because my laptop is broken, so how do I reset the pen?...
  3. Surface pro reset issue

Surface pro reset issue: Hi I really fell in a situation where i found any solution.I reset my surface pro 4. It was good until it asked me to choose language. It was a blue loop. I tried many language combinations.All my trying ended in question Why did my pc restart?Also it guids us to unplug...
  4. Resetting an old Surface

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Resetting an old Surface: I pulled out an old Surface from a drawer to try and reset it to put educational games on it for my grandkids. In resetting, it asks for a key and has a key ID associated with it. Now here's the kicker: When I purchased it and began using it, I used my work Microsoft account...
  5. Resetting an old Surface

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting an old Surface: I pulled out an old Surface from a drawer to try and reset it to put educational games on it for my grandkids. In resetting, it asks for a key and has a key ID associated with it. Now here's the kicker: When I purchased it and began using it, I used my work Microsoft account...
  6. Resetting an old Surface

7. Reset MS Surface

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset MS Surface: I have a MS Surface tablet that was purchased through the company I used to work for. The company configured this unit with the corporate security. Now that I have retired I would like to reset this tablet to factory defaults and remove all aspects of the business. I have...
  8. Surface Book 2 will not reset

Surface Book 2 will not reset: I created a USB restore drive from my machine, reset the computer and the restore dies at 65% and then not able to do anything. Is there any way I can create another restore usb without using my PC since it now does not work? I even went as far as saying wipe the whole...
  9. Surface Pro reset

Surface Pro reset: I have a key ID for Surface Pro how do I obtain the key number to reset and restore Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-reset/c184ab4b-af9b-43e5-a643-70700a95561a
  10. Windows not working after surface reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows not working after surface reset: I reset my surface pro (5th Generation) and logged in with outlook account. Although the home screen is appearing and the mouse works, the windows button doesn't work! Microsoft office and Edge are not there. The only apps that have appeared back on the taskbar are store,...