Windows 10: Windows Surface Pro 7 won't Miracast to Roku TV TCL 55US5800

Discus and support Windows Surface Pro 7 won't Miracast to Roku TV TCL 55US5800 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to use the wireless display functionality of Windows 10 to mirror my Surface Pro 7 to my TCL Roku TV model 55US5800. I have used the TV as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ReneeRoman, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Windows Surface Pro 7 won't Miracast to Roku TV TCL 55US5800

I'm trying to use the wireless display functionality of Windows 10 to mirror my Surface Pro 7 to my TCL Roku TV model 55US5800. I have used the TV as a wireless display for my previous HP Envy 17 u2713-cl laptop and also my OnePlus 3T Phone without issue.

After pressing Win + P on my Surface, I select "Connect to a Wireless Display". I then choose "Roku TV" from the list of available devices. The Surface creates a dialog saying it is attempting to connect and the TV switches to a purple screen indicating it is trying to stream video from a wireless source. The TV then reports "Starting video from... <my login name>" but then kicks me back to the TV menu's home screen. I have noticed that the Surface screen refreshes after this fails, as though the graphics adapter were resetting itself.

I have tried deleting and reinstalling the driver for the "Roku TV" found in Device Manager as well as whatever other relevant drivers I could identify. I saw one recommendation to delete the "Mircast driver" but the only thing I see like that is a driver labeled "Roku TV" under "Miracst devices" in Device Manager.

Any suggestions as to what I might try? Unfortunately, being able to wirelessly project my display is 100% essential to my current business and I am very disappointed that this didn't just work.

Thank You,

Renee Roman

:)

ReneeRoman, Jan 12, 2020

2. Problem with projecting my Windows 10 Asus laptop to android 55" TCL Roku TV

I'm trying to project my laptop to my Roku tv. I perform the following steps:

1. Connect To Wireless display

2. I see the 55" TCL Roku TV in the device list

3. Click on it to connect.

4. After about 20 seconds of processing, error appears: "Couldn't connect"...

Any ideas ?

Though I'm able to connect same laptop to same TV with HDMI cable.

Avetik Davtyan, Jan 12, 2020
  3. DJain01 Win User
    Screen Cast Windows 10 PC to Roku TCL TV 32'

I am not able to cast windows 10 on Roku TCL TV even both Roku tv and windows 10 have option to do so

on window i get error some thing went wrong and received no prompt on Roku

I am able to cast youtube from mobile

DJain01, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Windows Surface Pro 7 won't Miracast to Roku TV TCL 55US5800

Mirror Screen to ROKU TV

I HAVE A MICROSOFT SURFACE AND CANNOT WIRELESSLY CONNECT TO A ROKU TV. ANY SUGGESTIONS/

MichaelGoloff, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows Surface Pro 7 won't Miracast to Roku TV TCL 55US5800

1. Windows Surface Pro 7 won't Miracast to Roku TV TCL 55US5800 - Similar Threads - Surface Pro won't

2. How to get my laptop to wirelessly connect to my TCL Roku Tv

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get my laptop to wirelessly connect to my TCL Roku Tv: I recently downloaded windows 11 onto my laptop and now It will not find my TCL ROKU tv on wireless displays. I have downloaded new bit drivers and edited network settings and restarted my computer however nothing still pops up when I try to connect a wireless display. When...
  3. How to get my laptop to wirelessly connect to my TCL Roku Tv

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get my laptop to wirelessly connect to my TCL Roku Tv: I recently downloaded windows 11 onto my laptop and now It will not find my TCL ROKU tv on wireless displays. I have downloaded new bit drivers and edited network settings and restarted my computer however nothing still pops up when I try to connect a wireless display. When...
  4. Unable to cast from my Surface Pro 9 to Skyworth Smart TV or Roku TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to cast from my Surface Pro 9 to Skyworth Smart TV or Roku TV: I own a Surface Pro 9 and I've been trying to connect it wirelessly to my Roku TV or my smart TV to mirror my screen. I've tried a variety of the solutions on here like making sure all my software is updated, playing around with streaming settings, running diagnostics but to...
  5. Unable to cast from my Surface Pro 9 to Skyworth Smart TV or Roku TV

Unable to cast from my Surface Pro 9 to Skyworth Smart TV or Roku TV: I own a Surface Pro 9 and I've been trying to connect it wirelessly to my Roku TV or my smart TV to mirror my screen. I've tried a variety of the solutions on here like making sure all my software is updated, playing around with streaming settings, running diagnostics but to...
  6. Older Microsoft display adapters The non 4k ones and Roku TCL Tv's no longer working with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older Microsoft display adapters The non 4k ones and Roku TCL Tv's no longer working with...: I am trying to troubleshoot why both at home and at work I can connect certain laptops completely fine to a new 4k Microsoft wireless display adapter The latest version but not the older non 4k versions or a Roku TCL tv. The issue is as follows:ALL devices are seen in the...
  7. Older Microsoft display adapters The non 4k ones and Roku TCL Tv's no longer working with...

Older Microsoft display adapters The non 4k ones and Roku TCL Tv's no longer working with...: I am trying to troubleshoot why both at home and at work I can connect certain laptops completely fine to a new 4k Microsoft wireless display adapter The latest version but not the older non 4k versions or a Roku TCL tv. The issue is as follows:ALL devices are seen in the...
  8. Mirroring Surface Pro 7 to Sony Android TV?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mirroring Surface Pro 7 to Sony Android TV?: Hi, As per title looking to Mirroring Surface Pro 7 to Sony Android TV. I can mirror my Android and IPhone phone directly to the TV, the TV accepts AirPlay, yet for all my searching it appears that I have to buy Chromecast dongle to put into the TV for the surface pro........
  9. Mirroring Surface Pro 7 to Sony Android TV?

in Windows 10 Support
    Mirroring Surface Pro 7 to Sony Android TV?: Hi, As per title looking to Mirroring Surface Pro 7 to Sony Android TV. I can mirror my Android and IPhone phone directly to the TV, the TV accepts AirPlay, yet for all my searching it appears that I have to buy Chromecast dongle to put into the TV for the surface pro........
  10. surface miracast

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    surface miracast: I have a Surface Pro 3 and am having trouble using miracast through a roku 3 to cast to my TV, an older samsung smart TV. The surface recognizes the roku but does not connect. The roku connects using my Tab 3 but it has a buffer problem. Do I have to get any software or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. miracast for surface pro 7

2. couldnt connect roku tv tcl

3. tcl smart tv work with surface pro

4. surface pro 7 no compatible con miracast,
  5. how to cast surface pro to roku,
  6. surface cast to tcl tv,
  7. how to cast from microsoft surface pro 7 to roku