Windows 10: Windows switch user and Password wrong

Discus and support Windows switch user and Password wrong in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello helper, Few minutes ago I created new user profile for my laptop and restarted to login into that user account while creating that account my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Jyothiswaroop369, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Windows switch user and Password wrong

Hello helper,

Few minutes ago I created new user profile for my laptop and restarted to login into that user account while creating that account my wifi was disabled, when i am in login screen it showing the user profile service failed the sign in and user profile cannot be loaded.I dont have any option to switch back to my admin account. When i troubleshoot and tried to do reset this pc or in advanced optionsstartup repair its taking me to admin profile and asking me to enter password but it showing wrong password, I have tried to use cntrl+alt+del for switching user it never worked. In trouble shoot I also have tried startup setting safemode its openeing newly created user account and again same problen user profile cannot be loaded. Please help me from this problem thankyouWindows switch user and Password wrong [​IMG]Windows switch user and Password wrong [​IMG]Windows switch user and Password wrong [​IMG]

:)

Jyothiswaroop369, Mar 17, 2021

2. Cant switch users in Windows 10

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share a few details:

• What exactly happens when you try to switch users?

• Do you receive any error message/code?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key altogether.

• Click on Switch User.

• Select the user with which you want to login.

If computer starts up with a user other than the one you want, login to that user account and switch user to the account that you need and check.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Mar 17, 2021
  3. Stocklone Win User
    Switch user at Picture Password Lock Screen Windows 10

Switch it to the text password option while you are in the picture password screen THEN you get a list of users. It's so stupid. Windows 8 at least had a nice back button.

Stocklone, Mar 17, 2021
  4. Windows switch user and Password wrong

switching users in windows 10 no password prompt appears

Hello David,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with password prompt on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix the issue.

I would suggest you to switch current Microsoft User Account to Local Account and then create new user profile and then try signing into that account using your Microsoft account and check if that helps. Please follow the
    steps given below.

How to update windows Live Accounts into Local Accounts in windows 8.1

• First go to the Start Menu and start typing “Account” you will find the option “Your account settings

• Click and launch the setting page.

• Click on start menu and go to account settings.

• Go to Your accounts.

• Click “Disconnect” Windows 8.1 account settings
    Note: This will launch a prompt, you will need to confirm your current Windows Live account password. Also note by switching to your local accounts,
    you will NOT lose the settings or any files, the only advantage you will be missing out is the sync between other devices.

• Confirm switch to local Windows 8.1 accounts

• Now, create your local account password and hint.

• Switch to local Windows 8.1 accounts, confirm password
    Note: Windows will tell you in detail of what it means to switch to a local account. Read carefully if you have any concerns.

Switch to local accounts windows 8.1

That’s it, Windows will then log out the current account, and you will be able to log back in with the local accounts you have just created. All the cloud sync services will be disabled, if you changed your mind about going
    back to have a local account, you can always reconnect this local accounts to a Windows Live accounts.

How to convert Local account to Microsoft account, please follow the steps given below.

• On your keyboard press
      Win+C
      , and from the Charm bar that appears click Settings.

• Now click on Change PC settings.

• In the left pane, click on Users.

• In the right pane click on Switch to Microsoft account.

• Enter your current password and click
      next.

• If you already have a Microsoft account, enter the associated email address.

• If you already have a Microsoft account (i.e. Hotmail, Messenger, SkyDrive, Xbox, or Outlook.com account), enter your password. Otherwise, fill out the form to create your account. Click
      Next.

• Fill in the security information in order to recover your account in case of loss of password and click
      next.

• Finally, click on Finish.

• You will receive an email asking you to confirm the association of Windows 8 account. Make sure to complete the confirmation process.

• You are now connected with your Microsoft account.

• Next time when you start Windows, simply log in with your Microsoft account.
    If the issue still persists, then try to disconnect Microsoft Account by going to PC settings. Please follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap
      Settings. (If you are using a mouse, point to the upper right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click settings)

• Tap or click Accounts.

• Click on Disconnect from Microsoft account. Then restart the computer.

• Go to Settings again and click on Accounts again to connect back.
    I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Jayant Gupta, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows switch user and Password wrong

1. Windows switch user and Password wrong - Similar Threads - switch user Password

2. Wrong password but it is not

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Wrong password but it is not: So, I have this problem.I was following a tutorial about how to delete a file which I couldn't delete it was an ISO file, a copy of a PS2 videogame. At a certain point, the tutorial suggests me to- run CMD as admin- type the following command net user administrator /active:...
  3. website passwords or user names come up as wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    website passwords or user names come up as wrong: I have installed a new hard drive and windows 10, but when accessing websites that require a user name and password it comes up as name or password incorrect. Can anyone help with this? I have verified password and user is correct and correctly input....
  4. website passwords or user names come up as wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    website passwords or user names come up as wrong: I have installed a new hard drive and windows 10, but when accessing websites that require a user name and password it comes up as name or password incorrect. Can anyone help with this? I have verified password and user is correct and correctly input....
  5. website passwords or user names come up as wrong

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Wrong password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong password: So i trying to fix my system drive for errors. So i shift restart, go to advanced settings, command prompt and it asks for my account password that doesn't work there. Meanwhile im here, losing my time with that same login information. How riddiculous???!!!...
  7. Wrong password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong password: So i trying to fix my system drive for errors. So i shift restart, go to advanced settings, command prompt and it asks for my account password that doesn't work there. Meanwhile im here, losing my time with that same login information. How riddiculous???!!!...
  8. Wrong password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. User account Windows 10 password always wrong?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User account Windows 10 password always wrong?: Good evening, I bought a new notebook and set it up today. Right from the start it required entering the password of my Microsoft account on restart. But since I don't prefer to secure my password, I looked online for instructions and followed them: Wie kann ich meinen PC...
  10. Wrong password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Wrong password: Sign-in does not recognize the password that I use to enter Microsoft Account. I cannot open windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-password/5d61a02e-9ee0-4314-8400-44a6d03a4d54