Windows 10: Windows switched into Enterprise from Pro after using the reset function on W10

Discus and support Windows switched into Enterprise from Pro after using the reset function on W10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, i had been getting a lot of Blue Screen Erros and i decided to reset my windows. When I did this the first time through the local files available... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nicolas Marambio1, Aug 13, 2022.

1. Windows switched into Enterprise from Pro after using the reset function on W10

So, i had been getting a lot of Blue Screen Erros and i decided to reset my windows. When I did this the first time through the local files available to reset it, it said it was not able because somefiles corrupt or missing i dont quite remember so i used the option to download it all from the reset GUI and reset. After this i got locked away from my computer, i wasnt able to log into my user account so i entered into safemod and it sort of let me. It restarted and got stuck again in the log in user with the same error about "error profile could not be loaded". So i went back to safemode

:)

Nicolas Marambio1, Aug 13, 2022

2. W10 Pro Retail Activation on and W10 Enterprise Eval installation

Hi everyone.

I use the W10 Enterprise Eval ISO in various VM Labs for study purposes.

I am also using the W10 Enterprise ISO in a VM on my main computer for connecting to work systems, my initial thought was as I am now working from home permanently I would be able to get a license key assigned from work and join my VM to the work domain. Unfortunately the IT bods are not keen on this idea.

Now that I am all set up I'm none to keen to create a new VM with W10 Pro and get everything setup again. I will be purchasing a W10 Retail activation key, my question is what will happen if I enter a W10 Pro activation key on a W10 Enterprise Eval OS?

Will the key be accepted and activate the installation as W10 Pro Retail, or will I need to create a new VM to install W10 Pro Retail?

Thanks all.

Phillip-Hopkins, Aug 13, 2022
  3. jimlau Win User
    download w10 pro

will do. i think both are on the windows 10 one. if i want to install from a usb drive, do i have to make it a bootable drive somehow (some extra step), or will it automatically boot with the saved windows 10 I downloaded?

jimlau, Aug 13, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

Windows switched into Enterprise from Pro after using the reset function on W10

Downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro  

Hey Peter, Windows switched into Enterprise from Pro after using the reset function on W10 :)

As long as you have a W10 Pro license linked to your MSA for that PC, you would be able to use the generic key under step 1 to downgrade from Enterprise to Pro, then let it automatically activate Pro with your digital license.

Brink, Aug 13, 2022
Thema:

Windows switched into Enterprise from Pro after using the reset function on W10

1. Windows switched into Enterprise from Pro after using the reset function on W10 - Similar Threads - switched Enterprise Pro

2. Windows switched into Enterprise from Pro after using the reset function on W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows switched into Enterprise from Pro after using the reset function on W10: So, i had been getting a lot of Blue Screen Erros and i decided to reset my windows. When I did this the first time through the local files available to reset it, it said it was not able because somefiles corrupt or missing i dont quite remember so i used the option to...
  3. Windows switched into Enterprise from Pro after using the reset function on W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows switched into Enterprise from Pro after using the reset function on W10: So, i had been getting a lot of Blue Screen Erros and i decided to reset my windows. When I did this the first time through the local files available to reset it, it said it was not able because somefiles corrupt or missing i dont quite remember so i used the option to...
  4. Cannot change Windows 10 from Enterprise to Pro after reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot change Windows 10 from Enterprise to Pro after reset: On one of our laptops, after reset, the Win version became Enterprise. I learned that we are supposed to use the Generic pro key to change it back to Pro but it didn't let me. What should we do in this case? The PC originally was on Win8 Pro and then upgraded to Win10 Pro...
  5. Windows 10 Pro resets to Enterprise

Windows 10 Pro resets to Enterprise: Good day, I purchased a Surface pro 3 some time ago. It has worked just fine but I decided to do a fresh install so I ran Reset my PC. Upon installation I knew something was wrong as it asked for a work/school login email or to join a domain. I was unable to login with...
  6. Windows 10 Pro resets to Enterprise

Windows 10 Pro resets to Enterprise: Good day, I purchased a Microsoft.com upgrade for Windows 10 Pro some time ago. It has worked just fine but I decided to do a fresh install so I ran Reset my PC. Upon installation I knew something was wrong as it asked for a work/school login email or to join a domain. I...
  7. Hyper-v missing after switching to W10 PRO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hyper-v missing after switching to W10 PRO: Hello all Recently I purchased a activation key and i switch from HOME to PRO edition because I want to use Docker. All completed fine version is PRO but when i go to turn Hyper-v futures i marked the sections and then after the computer is restarted and go back to...
  8. W10 Enterprise instead of W10 Pro

W10 Enterprise instead of W10 Pro: I have new laptop Acer Aspire. It was bought with OEM W10Home. Then I have ordered and paid licence for W10Pro. At the last form of purchasing process is button "Install". I pushed it. After restart there is W10Enterprise. Now I am not able to activate it nor to change it to...
  9. Switching from windows 10 enterprise edition to windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching from windows 10 enterprise edition to windows 10 pro: At one point I had my system as not activated. I searched for a product key and accidentally selected the enterprise key. Now I have an enterprise edition and I am afraid I will not get the free upgrade by the end of the month! How can I reverse this without having to go...
  10. Windows 8.1 Enterprise -- Now switching to W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 8.1 Enterprise -- Now switching to W10: Hi there Now that I can run Win 10 at least until OCTOBER (build 9926 extends till oct 1st) I am ditching my Win 8.1 Enterprise system -- was an old TechNet copy anyway. Windows 8.1 while better than 8 isn't going anywhere either. The only thing I wanted on Enterprise...