Windows 10: Windows switched my e-mail after using xbox live app.

Discus and support Windows switched my e-mail after using xbox live app. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have had my computer for a while, and I linked it to my Microsoft account right after I got it. I have checked this numerous times for various... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Pdonettes, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Pdonettes Win User

Windows switched my e-mail after using xbox live app.

I have had my computer for a while, and I linked it to my Microsoft account right after I got it. I have checked this numerous times for various reasons. I recently installed the xbox live app on my PC as it was used by a lot of games in the Microsoft store. My son wanted to try a game I had (No man's Sky). It only allows 5 saves per profile, so he signed in using the xbox app so he could play. (Keep in mind, I was already signed in on the app before this). Well, my computer started giving me issues. Chrome and Tor both stopped working, and Edge started popping up for everything. I spent all morning troubleshooting why they weren't working with no luck. I finally opened my account settings and saw that instead of my e-mail, my Microsoft account was now linked to my sons. I searched and found a lot of different solutions, none of which worked for me. I am beyond frustrated. I have a brain injury, and I can only function for a little while at a high level before I am exhausted. I need my computer to work when I am able to work on it, because often, I am unable to. I have a lot of assistive devices that link to it also. I am very concerned that I will not be able to resolve this, and I don't know that I would be able to switch to a totally new computer or reinstall windows. I have sen that this forum is very helpful, and I am hopeful someone will be able to figure this out for me and talk me through it. Thank you for reading this. I know it is a bit of a ramble.

I am running Windows 10, 64bit edition.

:)

Pdonettes, Feb 25, 2021
  2. Pdonettes Win User

I have had my computer for a while, and I linked it to my Microsoft account right after I got it. I have checked this numerous times for various reasons. I recently installed the xbox live app on my PC as it was used by a lot of games in the Microsoft store. My son wanted to try a game I had (No man's Sky). It only allows 5 saves per profile, so he signed in using the xbox app so he could play. (Keep in mind, I was already signed in on the app before this). Well, my computer started giving me issues. Chrome and Tor both stopped working, and Edge started popping up for everything. I spent all morning troubleshooting why they weren't working with no luck. I finally opened my account settings and saw that instead of my e-mail, my Microsoft account was now linked to my sons. I searched and found a lot of different solutions, none of which worked for me. I am beyond frustrated. I have a brain injury, and I can only function for a little while at a high level before I am exhausted. I need my computer to work when I am able to work on it, because often, I am unable to. I have a lot of assistive devices that link to it also. I am very concerned that I will not be able to resolve this, and I don't know that I would be able to switch to a totally new computer or reinstall windows. I have sen that this forum is very helpful, and I am hopeful someone will be able to figure this out for me and talk me through it. Thank you for reading this. I know it is a bit of a ramble.

I am running Windows 10, 64bit edition.

Pdonettes, Feb 25, 2021
  3. raygo1975 Win User
    Windows 10 Mail app deleted all my e-mail accounts

The Windows Mail App (The e-mail client that comes with Windows 10) is where I had all my e-mail accounts setup so I just had one place to check them. All of the e-mail accounts that I had added to the client are now gone. When I open the app instead of seeing a list of my e-mail accounts I see the app as it was when I first started to use it.

Windows switched my e-mail after using xbox live app. [​IMG]

My e-mail accounts should be listed in the left hand column under Accounts.

raygo1975, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Hitman Win User

E mail problem

Hello
    This is a weird thing going on with my wife's e mail a little hard to explain.
    We are with time.Warner/spectrum
    I have asked at there sites and searched on lone put no real info.
    Windows 10 e mail app is Windows live mail

Ok here we go
    I set it all up ports and security and ports it is all working
    DownLoads the required folders sends and recieves mail all is good.
    It will be working for days even weeks and then all of a sudden the whole account is gone.
    All folders emails saved and deleted all gone.
    This have happened a few times now at least 4 or 5 times 2 times in the last month.

Is there a virus or malware or something that is doing this. ?
    Every time it has happened I do change the password.
    She has another account with verizon that still works and have np with.

Any suggestions or advise please
    Thaks
    Ruben

Hitman, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows switched my e-mail after using xbox live app. - Similar Threads - switched mail using

2. Help to retrieve use of windows live e mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help to retrieve use of windows live e mail: I currently do not have use of windows live mail. I cannot send/recieve msg. It is showing an address book that I lost and never able to recovered over a year ago. It does not show address book I subsequently created after losing the first one. Any assistance would be greatly...
  3. Error in my E-Mail App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error in my E-Mail App: I received an E-Mail and it asked me what App I wanted to receive it on and I chose Word Pad and when I went to open it up, it was in Computer Language. How do I delete Word Pad as being the App to receive the document?...
  4. switch Windows Live Mail 2012 to the latest

switch Windows Live Mail 2012 to the latest: How do I switch from Windows Live Mail 2012 to the latest version? Can both operate art the same time until I am comfortabble with the newest version?...
  5. Live Mail lost e-mail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Live Mail lost e-mail: windows live mail warns me that it has downloaded what appears to Phishing e-mail but where is it? I would like to look at it to confirm Windows Security opinion https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail-lost-e-mail/22a5206e-0957-418b-b177-b1451274686c"
  6. Switching e-mails

Switching e-mails: Hello all, I have two hotmail adresses and would like to do the following: 1. Permanently delete the old hotmail address and use the new one instead (make it a primary alias). In a way that when I get to my PC's settings, the only account I find there is the new hotmail...
  7. Windows live e-mail

Windows live e-mail: Why is my incoming mail coming in twice...once from the sender.... I.E. ebay, and once from the sender with I.E. <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> Thanks......
  8. windows live 2012 e-mail account

windows live 2012 e-mail account: this picks up my messages from my provider, but suddenly is downloading all of my read and deleted posts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-2012-e-mail-account/fbfffd40-7dbc-4cff-acd6-99d8d66fc91d
  9. Deleting e-mails in Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting e-mails in Windows Live Mail: I can no longer delete e-mails from Windows Live Mail without being online. Why is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/deleting-e-mails-in-windows-live-mail/3aac8284-0ca5-46f6-956b-70932db88315
  10. WINDOWS LIVE MAIL E MAIL STATES - Windows Live Mail has not yet downloaded this message.

WINDOWS LIVE MAIL E MAIL STATES - Windows Live Mail has not yet downloaded this message.: E-Mail states "To download the message: Click here. Press Space." - DOES NOT WORK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-live-mail-e-mail-states-windows-live-mail/c8130e6d-8935-468d-b2ce-b0b6baa7bb10