Windows 10: Windows switching from one monitor to another when alt tabbing from a full screen game or...

Discus and support Windows switching from one monitor to another when alt tabbing from a full screen game or... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Since several years ago, and that on different computers, I keep experiencing an issue where different applications opened such as Google... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by M.Dodge, Jan 15, 2020.

1. M.Dodge Win User

Windows switching from one monitor to another when alt tabbing from a full screen game or...

Hello,

Since several years ago, and that on different computers, I keep experiencing an issue where different applications opened such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Teams, Windows Explorer, etc. will switch from one monitor to the other or the size of the windows will change randomly when :

- I alt tab from a video game in full screen mode back to my desktop

- I lock my session and login again

I use a main monitor with a resolution of 3840x2160p or 2560x1440p

I use a secondary monitor with a resolution of 1920x1080p

Is there something that can be done about this?

Thank you.

:)

M.Dodge, Jan 15, 2020
  2. Recon-UK Win User

Is alt+tabbing bad for your monitor or TV?

Well your monitor will only go on and off from Alt+ TAB if you are switching from an odd resolution to the desktop resolution.
    Also you could just windowed borderless.

Recon-UK, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Kursah Win User
    What is the "magic" of alt+tab?

What about using alt+enter to ensure you're full screen, or switch to window and back instead of alt-tabbing to desktop?

Can't recall a game I've played having any issues like what you're reporting...but I do recall using alt+enter to go full screen, still use that from time-to-time when a game launches incorrectly or launches with first run settings. I'm curious to see if only alt + tab works for you or if alt + enter works as well...

Kursah, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Windows switching from one monitor to another when alt tabbing from a full screen game or...

Weird alt-tab out of fullscreen games.

Hi Simon,

The multitasking capability of a game depends on the total memory of your computer. If you have large amounts of RAM on your computer, it can multitask heavy programs easily like high-end games. To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution
    for your concerns with the alt-tab function, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Have you pressed the alt-tab key during you play Rainbow Six Siege? Or it just happen without pressing it?
    • Does the automatic ALT-TAB behavior happens on other games?
    • Do you have any other programs running on your computer while playing?
    • What is the anti-virus program you're using?
    • What is your device or system specifications? To know, follow these steps:
      1. Press Windows + S and type
        About your PC
      2. Send us the information listed under Device specifications.

Moving forward, if you're multitasking while playing, we recommend that you play this game only without doing other tasks. Pressing ALT-TAB or performing a multitasking interferes with the performance of your video card, especially if you're running a heavy
    game like Rainbow Six Siege. It will generate screen viewing issues like intermittently switching your game screen between your desktop environment.

For now, restart your game and do not press ALT+TAB while playing. This will allow your video card to dedicate its graphics performance on the game only instead of your desktop environment.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Johann Eva, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows switching from one monitor to another when alt tabbing from a full screen game or...

1. Windows switching from one monitor to another when alt tabbing from a full screen game or... - Similar Threads - switching monitor another

2. How to fix alt+tab issue when switching from full screened application to application on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix alt+tab issue when switching from full screened application to application on...: I recently came across an issue that prevented me from being able to keep my application open my second monitor when I fullscreen a game. And every time I alt+tab from/to the full screened application it bugs my second monitor. Is there a way to fix this without playing in...
  3. How to fix alt+tab issue when switching from full screened application to application on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix alt+tab issue when switching from full screened application to application on...: I recently came across an issue that prevented me from being able to keep my application open my second monitor when I fullscreen a game. And every time I alt+tab from/to the full screened application it bugs my second monitor. Is there a way to fix this without playing in...
  4. Taskbar not appearing when alt tabbing from full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not appearing when alt tabbing from full screen: Hello there I have had this issue for a LONG time now and really need help with it.I use a laptop with an external monitor and only have my external monitor on. So I only have one monitor on which is an LG 144hz monitor.I watch a decent amount of videos and streams and that's...
  5. Taskbar not appearing when alt tabbing from full screen

Taskbar not appearing when alt tabbing from full screen: Hello there I have had this issue for a LONG time now and really need help with it.I use a laptop with an external monitor and only have my external monitor on. So I only have one monitor on which is an LG 144hz monitor.I watch a decent amount of videos and streams and that's...
  6. Windows 11 'Freeze' When Alt-Tabbing From Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 'Freeze' When Alt-Tabbing From Game: Hey everyone,I built a new PC about a month ago and just started running into an issue. I was playing a game in this case, Valorant and I went to alt-tab and as I tried to load my browser, my system 'froze.' I could still hear all the audio of the game, I could hear my...
  7. Windows 11 'Freeze' When Alt-Tabbing From Game

Windows 11 'Freeze' When Alt-Tabbing From Game: Hey everyone,I built a new PC about a month ago and just started running into an issue. I was playing a game in this case, Valorant and I went to alt-tab and as I tried to load my browser, my system 'froze.' I could still hear all the audio of the game, I could hear my...
  8. Taskbar doesn't show when i alt tab from a full screen tab to a windowed tab

Taskbar doesn't show when i alt tab from a full screen tab to a windowed tab: as you can see there is no taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-doesnt-show-when-i-alt-tab-from-a-full/385bdb24-32ed-4c8d-8b47-fa1ef642149f
  9. Taskbar doesn't show when i alt tab from a full screen tab to a windowed tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar doesn't show when i alt tab from a full screen tab to a windowed tab: as you can see there is no taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-doesnt-show-when-i-alt-tab-from-a-full/385bdb24-32ed-4c8d-8b47-fa1ef642149f
  10. Taskbar missing when alt-tabbing from a game

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar missing when alt-tabbing from a game: I know this has been posted before, but it looks like it was largely posted 2-3 years ago, and I don't see any recent posts. So, my assumption is either this was fixed or there was a workaround published in the past couple years that I just can't find. In any case, if it...