Windows 10: Windows switching to Lock screen?

Discus and support Windows switching to Lock screen? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have set everything to "Never" so that my Windows 10 never goes to sleep, yet if I leave my PC (desktop) for a short while, Windows reverts to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Willabong, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Willabong Win User

Windows switching to Lock screen?

I have set everything to "Never" so that my Windows 10 never goes to sleep, yet if I leave my PC (desktop) for a short while, Windows reverts to the lock screen. I have checked and double checked the settings and all are set to "Never".
    Any idea what is wrong and how to fix it please? Or have I missed something?

System: Power and sleep - Both "Screen and Sleep" set to "Never".

Personalisation: Lock screen - Background "Windows spotlight".

Windows 10 home 64bit, version 1909 fully up to date, 32 gig ram.

:)

Willabong, Mar 14, 2020
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Switch user from lock screen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to switch user from lock screen. I’ll certainly help you with the steps.

Once you lock the computer, to switch from one user account to another from the lock screen, select the user name from the list of available users at the bottom left of the sign-in screen, enter the credentials to sign-in.

Below is a screenshot of lock screen for reference:

Windows switching to Lock screen? c2a15387-8165-46f6-8ab0-904d80af2e1b?upload=true.jpg

However, if you wish to switch user without locking the computer, refer the steps mentioned in the article

How to switch users (accounts) in Windows 10

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Windows switching to Lock screen?

Windows 10 Lock Screen backround turns black

Hi Keilth,

To resolve your issue with your devices lock screen, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click Personalization, then select Lock screen.
    • On the drop-down option, select Picture.
    • Choose a picture you want to show on your lock screen.
    • Restart your device.
    • Then repeat step 1 and step 2.
    • Now on the drop-down, switch it back to Windows spotlight.

Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows switching to Lock screen?

1. Windows switching to Lock screen? - Similar Threads - switching Lock screen

2. Lock screen is on windows spotlight and the other day it switched to windows blue screen...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen is on windows spotlight and the other day it switched to windows blue screen...: Under settings, personalization, lock screen, I have it set on windows spotlight where it has been since I got the computer and it always has show different pics from around the world on lock screen but is now stuck on windows blue screen and can't get it to change back....
  3. Lock screen is on windows spotlight and the other day it switched to windows blue screen...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen is on windows spotlight and the other day it switched to windows blue screen...: Under settings, personalization, lock screen, I have it set on windows spotlight where it has been since I got the computer and it always has show different pics from around the world on lock screen but is now stuck on windows blue screen and can't get it to change back....
  4. Lock screen keyboard off switch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen keyboard off switch: How do i turn this number pad on the screen off? it just automatically pop up when i loginI have on screen keyboard already off if that mattersthanks in advanced. ive been googling for a long time now....
  5. Lock screen keyboard off switch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen keyboard off switch: How do i turn this number pad on the screen off? it just automatically pop up when i loginI have on screen keyboard already off if that mattersthanks in advanced. ive been googling for a long time now....
  6. Can't switch lock screen nor account picture.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't switch lock screen nor account picture.: Hello, my issue is simply the title. I can't change my lock screen nor my account picture. The former ends up in an eternal loading state while the latter gets me an error popup. Here are all the things i tried but did not work:1 Choose manually, both from settings and from...
  7. No option to switch users from lock screen? Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No option to switch users from lock screen? Windows 10: Hi so unfortunately my laptop, windows 10, is locked and I don't know the current user's password. How can I get the switch users option to come up on the bottom left? Are there any keys I could press, before turning it on, or some way through the command line. Unfortunately...
  8. How to switch user from lock screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to switch user from lock screen?: Hello! Can you explain how to switch user from lock screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-switch-user-from-lock-screen/3c66b4d5-d856-43f3-9e73-b831dcb30383
  9. Switch user from lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Switch user from lock screen: How can I switch users in Win10 from lock screen? ***Modified title from: switching users in win10*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-user-from-lock-screen/2d6fb1d6-6b0e-4eb0-9f18-73692c1ced7c
  10. Switch mouse buttons -- also for lock screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Switch mouse buttons -- also for lock screen: I switched mouse buttons to left-handed, I did this for all user accounts. But when I go to lock screen, it often behaves at default settings. How can I switch mouse buttons for the whole local machine, even lock screen? 106274