Windows 10: Windows sync has changed my log on

Discus and support Windows sync has changed my log on in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a separate microsoft account on each of my devices, with their own user name, password, PIN and login screen picture .Windows has changed one of... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by john-errington, May 8, 2021.

1. Windows sync has changed my log on

I have a separate microsoft account on each of my devices, with their own user name, password, PIN and login screen picture .Windows has changed one of these to be the same as another machine.I've disabled sync now on all my machines, but the changed login account has persisted on one machine.How can I change it back please so I can login with the correct account? I cant do a restore as it would lose too mcuh work

:)

john-errington, May 8, 2021

2. Email will not sync in Windows 10

Hi Steve,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.
    I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the Mailbox sync settings.

• Open the Mail app and sign in to your account.

• Click on the gear icon (Settings) from the bottom left corner.

• Click on the Accounts under
      Settings.

• Click on your account.

• Click on the Change mailbox sync settings and check in the
      Sync options.

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 8, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 8, 2021
  4. Windows sync has changed my log on

Can't change password to log in windows or add pin

Hello Mathieu,

The issue you are experiencing may have something to do with your profile or with the Windows components of your device. That being said, we will be performing some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this problem. To start, we suggest that you
    change your password via https://account.microsoft.com/. Here's how:

Once done, log in your account to your device using the new password. Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Charianne Per, May 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows sync has changed my log on

1. Windows sync has changed my log on - Similar Threads - sync has changed

2. Microsoft change has broken my folder syncs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft change has broken my folder syncs: I have been happily syncing my one-drive folders with my external drive for the last 4 years with no problems my music playerMusic Bee was connected to this mapped external drive this allowed me not to have my 350GB music and photo collection stored on my c drive. last week...
  3. Microsoft change has broken my folder syncs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft change has broken my folder syncs: I have been happily syncing my one-drive folders with my external drive for the last 4 years with no problems my music playerMusic Bee was connected to this mapped external drive this allowed me not to have my 350GB music and photo collection stored on my c drive. last week...
  4. Latest Windows Update has changed my WU log. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Windows Update has changed my WU log. Windows 10: I maintain a log of all Windows Updates. It's on a Word document and I see the first page on my screen. I can scroll down to view previous pages.The latest Quality Update has changed this; I now see a split screen with two pages showing and if I scroll down there are now 15...
  5. Latest Windows Update has changed my WU log. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest Windows Update has changed my WU log. Windows 10: I maintain a log of all Windows Updates. It's on a Word document and I see the first page on my screen. I can scroll down to view previous pages.The latest Quality Update has changed this; I now see a split screen with two pages showing and if I scroll down there are now 15...
  6. Latest Windows Update has changed my WU log. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Sync , log in on temporary

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sync , log in on temporary: How do I log in! It says I’m logged in with a temporary profile. When I try to sync. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-log-in-on-temporary/b09fadba-febd-4341-ac5b-f747c5213496
  8. My Windows has changed!

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Windows has changed!: Hello, I Today when I was trying to install Flight sim X from Microsoft, it said something like required English version, I was very confused cause my Windows 10 is in English, Than I went to my desktop information and saw this: The processor and the installed memory RAM is...
  9. Windows changed my Log In Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows changed my Log In Account: Yesterday, I would start my computer and it would have me log into my Microsoft account. Today, it went straight to a different account and now all my Desktop settings are gone. I can see my other User account in File Explorer but it won't let me access it as the account...
  10. Why has my password to log onto my computer been changed?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why has my password to log onto my computer been changed?: I had a specific password to log onto my computer and only my computer and now it has been changed and I can only access it by using my email address and password and I want it changed back for security purposes....