Windows 10: Windows system and reserve files taking up too much space

Discus and support Windows system and reserve files taking up too much space in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi i have brand new laptop running windows 10. Basically an empty laptop, after the latest windows 10 updates, i kept getting pop up informing me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by twxxx, Oct 6, 2018.

1. twxxx Win User

Windows system and reserve files taking up too much space

Hi

i have brand new laptop running windows 10. Basically an empty laptop, after the latest windows 10 updates, i kept getting pop up informing me that i have a low ssd disk space and my battery can't seems to charge when the power is plugged in. i need help on this!

:)

twxxx, Oct 6, 2018

2. System and Reserved Files are taking too much space. 350GB

Hello,

The system and reserved files may continue to consume space due to a certain service log that could add to your system as a result of multiple operations. At this moment, we suggest that you run
    CHKDSK command prompt by following the steps below:

• Plug in your external hard drive, USB drive or memory card to PC.
    • Open Command Prompt; then, press Windows key + X button and select the
      Command Prompt (Admin) option.
    • In the new Command Prompt window, type chkdskE: /f /r. Here, you should replace E with the drive letter of your external hard drive or USB device.

Note: This operation will run CHKDSK to check and repair file system corruption, errors, corruptions or bad sectors on the external hard drive or USB disk.

It is also advisable to manually delete files in C:\Windows\Logs\CBS. To do so, follow the steps on this article:

Clean Up Component-Based Servicing logs

Let us know the result and progress of your troubleshooting.

Dhavelyn Mer, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Rey Bel1 Win User
    windows 10 system and reserve taking up too much space

Hi,

Windows Restore Points does eat up tremendous amount of your disk space and clearing it would indeed help free up some space. Aside from restore points, there are other invisible factors that can eat away your hard drive space like temporary and cached files.
    For us to better understand why you keep on getting error messages about your storage space being full, we would like to ask the following questions:

• When did you first encounter the issue?
    • Which Windows version and build is you device running? Type winver on the search bar, and then press
      Enter to find out.
    • What specific error message or error code did you get?
    • Could you repost the screenshots again?

In the meantime, we suggest you check the steps provided by Greg Carmack on this

thread
    about clearing system and reserve after an upgrade and see if it helps.

We look forward to your response.

Rey Bel1, Oct 6, 2018
  4. JimWynne Win User

System and Reserved Files are taking too much space. 350GB

In the window in your screenshot, click on "System and reserved" to see what's taking up the space.

JimWynne, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows system and reserve files taking up too much space - Similar Threads - system reserve files

2. System and Reserved Files are taking too much space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System and Reserved Files are taking too much space: How do I get more space? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-and-reserved-files-are-taking-too-much/d8633c93-1954-41e0-aeef-235348db06ba
  3. System and Reserved Files are taking too much space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System and Reserved Files are taking too much space: How do I get more space? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-and-reserved-files-are-taking-too-much/d8633c93-1954-41e0-aeef-235348db06ba
  4. "System & reserved" files taking up way too much space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "System & reserved" files taking up way too much space: I'm looking for an answer about how to clear up disk space!I have a 256GB SSD, and nearly half of it is "System & reserved" files!! It is a Dell XPS 15 9575, a two-in-one laptop with touchscreen and pen. About 2 years old, bought it new. It still runs great, no issues except...
  5. "System & reserved" files taking up way too much space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "System & reserved" files taking up way too much space: I'm looking for an answer about how to clear up disk space!I have a 256GB SSD, and nearly half of it is "System & reserved" files!! It is a Dell XPS 15 9575, a two-in-one laptop with touchscreen and pen. About 2 years old, bought it new. It still runs great, no issues except...
  6. "System & reserved" files taking up way too much space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. System Files taking up too much space

System Files taking up too much space: I've been having storage issues and I checked my system files. Asked a few people and searched it on web and found out that 70GB is too much. I don't know what seems to be the problem since Windows file isn't that huge. How do I fix this?...
  8. System and Reserved taking up way too much space in almost empty drive

System and Reserved taking up way too much space in almost empty drive: Hey, so i have been having a problem with my D: Drive just a normal HDD, not the drive of my windows install, so nothing that i do not explicitly tell Windows 10 to download it there goes there So, i just formatted it because of a recent problem, and after it formatted...
  9. System & Reserved is taking up too much space and I cannot fix it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System & Reserved is taking up too much space and I cannot fix it: I have a relatively new computer Nov 2020. It has a small C Drive 119 GB and a large D Drive 931 GB. I install all of my games onto the D Drive since their files are larger. I've been trying to install my original Sims 2 CDs onto my computer. I try to put them on the D Drive,...
  10. system and reserve files taking too much space

system and reserve files taking too much space: My system and reserve files are taking up 105 of the 119 GB available - what can I do about this. I have been running this system for about 4 years and this problem only just started happening a few months ago - I have followed all the steps of cleaning and optimizing storage...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system and reserve taking up 136GB

2. appxdeploymentserver thousands of files

3. system files taking up too much space

4. system and reserved files taking up too much,
  5. 350gb space in system and reserve,
  6. appxdeploymentserver taking up hard disk space,
  7. system and reserved taking up 13.4gb,
  8. mske space on windows mobile. system and reserve,
  9. windows 10 how to shrink system and reserved partition,
  10. system & reserved taking up too much space,
  11. system and reserved taking up too much space,