Windows 10: Windows System Apps Renamed

Discus and support Windows System Apps Renamed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Here's the question, details after. How do I rename/restore Windows system apps such as File Explorer, Control Panel, etc.? Alright so I did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ezio170, Aug 15, 2019 at 11:22 PM.

1. Ezio170 Win User

Windows System Apps Renamed

Hi,

Here's the question, details after.

How do I rename/restore Windows system apps such as File Explorer, Control Panel, etc.?

Alright so I did something kind of stupid. The Microsoft store was giving me the error "Try again later, something happened at our end", so I decided to uninstall and reinstall Store using Powershell with the following commands:

Get-AppxPackage -name *WindowsStore* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Before you yell at me, I followed an article and DO NOT know anything about which commands do what in Powershell. So I guess I had it coming.

Now I'm stuck with apps having a (1) at the end.

The apps are:

File Explorer, Control Panel, computer, OneDrive, Run, Windows PowerShell ISE, Windows PowerShell ISE (x86).

You'll probably tell me that it doesn't matter and it's not important, but it's really annoying for me as I like everything to be perfect.

Is there a way to remove the (1) at the end or restore them or whatever without losing any data?

Thank you for your help.

:)

2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows System Apps Renamed wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. Dos101 Win User
    Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular Windows Phone-Apps – Microsoft Store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

4. amd5750m Win User

rename inf

I have a 7670m 1gb driver crimson legacy, how to rename my 7670m (which in driver detects as 7600m) to 8670m?

I am something new in this I would appreciate it if you would give me all the steps since I am very interested

I use win 7

his is what I try to do but not rename these files

Does someone have a step for newbies?

this is more or less the idea in the link

16.101.X [Pre-GCN driver pack]

Thema:

1. Windows System Apps Renamed - Similar Threads - System Apps Renamed

2. Renaming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renaming: Hi, When I press F2 on my main PC, it highlights the file name and when I press the left arrow key. It instantly moves to the beginning of the file name. But on my recently purchased Surface Pro, when I press F2 and then the left arrow key, it just moves left by one...
  3. renamed iastora.sys and the system will not reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    renamed iastora.sys and the system will not reboot: My wife's Laptop (a fairly new dell) was trying to update the latest Windows version and ran into a problem with this file (iastora.sys) that is related to Intel's Rapid Storage Technology. A workaround suggested renamed the file to iastora.old. Now her system won't reboot...
  4. Xbox app renamed to Xbox Console Companion for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Xbox app renamed to Xbox Console Companion for Windows 10: The Xbox app has been renamed to Xbox Console Companion starting with version 48.54.3003.0 for Windows 10. From What's new: "Pardon our dust. This app is being renamed to Xbox Console Companion to be a dedicated app for your Xbox console's features and settings. A new...
  5. Rename Folder for assigned to system user

Rename Folder for assigned to system user: I would appreciate some assistance with the change requested below: LAPTOP is connected to a network LAPTOP has a sign on account is connected to LAPTOP LAPTOP The has the following 3 folders are attached to LAPTOP impacted by the change request: - A1 - B2 - USERS...
  6. Is it possible to rename Apps to something else?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to rename Apps to something else?: I'll make this quick... I want to rename some of my Apps listed below. This used to be possible, AFAIK but not in 1809. [img] Here is an example in the red box. Any ideas? TIA *Think 125719
  7. Is it possible to rename Apps to something else?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to rename Apps to something else?: I'll make this quick... I want to rename some of my Apps listed below. This used to be possible, AFAIK but not in 1809. [img] Here is an example in the red box. Any ideas? TIA *Think 125719
  8. Windows 10 Rename

Windows 10 Rename: How can I batch add the same prefix characters to a group of filenames https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-rename/3e480ed7-94e8-4a40-bab5-009443630805"
  9. Rename function triggers Default App Popup.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Rename function triggers Default App Popup.: I am running Windows 10 Ultimate, 64 bit, Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.248). When trying to rename multiple files with the function button on Home Tab, I get the notice asking how I want to open files. I can right click on the first file & click rename & it works fine....
  10. Rename Windows 10 system folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Rename Windows 10 system folders: Hi, All the folders less ShellExperienceHost in the following 4 folders, has been renamed. C:\Windows\SystemApps C:\Program Files\WindowsApps​ C:\Windows\InfusedApps\ C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Packages It has gone a few days, and still everything is...