Windows 10: Windows System Apps Renamed

Discus and support Windows System Apps Renamed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Here's the question, details after. How do I rename/restore Windows system apps such as File Explorer, Control Panel, etc.? Alright so I did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ezio170, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Ezio170 Win User

Windows System Apps Renamed

Hi,

Here's the question, details after.

How do I rename/restore Windows system apps such as File Explorer, Control Panel, etc.?

Alright so I did something kind of stupid. The Microsoft store was giving me the error "Try again later, something happened at our end", so I decided to uninstall and reinstall Store using Powershell with the following commands:

Get-AppxPackage -name *WindowsStore* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Before you yell at me, I followed an article and DO NOT know anything about which commands do what in Powershell. So I guess I had it coming.

Now I'm stuck with apps having a (1) at the end.

The apps are:

File Explorer, Control Panel, computer, OneDrive, Run, Windows PowerShell ISE, Windows PowerShell ISE (x86).

You'll probably tell me that it doesn't matter and it's not important, but it's really annoying for me as I like everything to be perfect.

Is there a way to remove the (1) at the end or restore them or whatever without losing any data?

Thank you for your help.

:)

Ezio170, Aug 15, 2019
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows System Apps Renamed wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. Dos101 Win User
    Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular Windows Phone-Apps – Microsoft Store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Aug 15, 2019
  4. amd5750m Win User

rename inf

I have a 7670m 1gb driver crimson legacy, how to rename my 7670m (which in driver detects as 7600m) to 8670m?

I am something new in this I would appreciate it if you would give me all the steps since I am very interested

I use win 7

his is what I try to do but not rename these files

Does someone have a step for newbies?

this is more or less the idea in the link

16.101.X [Pre-GCN driver pack]

amd5750m, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows System Apps Renamed - Similar Threads - System Apps Renamed

2. Renaming apps like calculator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Renaming apps like calculator: I would like to rename apps that come automatically installed with windows such as Calculator, and things. I would like it to be shown as "Claculator" because it is funny, much like how I have named notepad nootpadas shown below. is there anyway to do this?...
  3. Renaming apps like calculator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Renaming apps like calculator: I would like to rename apps that come automatically installed with windows such as Calculator, and things. I would like it to be shown as "Claculator" because it is funny, much like how I have named notepad nootpadas shown below. is there anyway to do this?...
  4. Renaming apps like calculator

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. File Explorer: System Folders Rename

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer: System Folders Rename: Hello,Can someone help me how to remove this folder, it was "downloads" but it changed to "music".How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-system-folders-rename/6865b745-746d-4a69-9ae7-782d2906c01e
  6. File Explorer: System Folders Rename

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer: System Folders Rename: Hello,Can someone help me how to remove this folder, it was "downloads" but it changed to "music".How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-system-folders-rename/6865b745-746d-4a69-9ae7-782d2906c01e
  7. How to rename system folders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to rename system folders?: Somehow two of my system folders' names have been changed to 'Documents' instead of 'Downloads' and 'Videos'. How do I rename these folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-rename-system-folders/a323e748-e6c0-4b5c-8cac-4e3ebd93d004
  8. Rename app for Cortana

in Cortana
    Rename app for Cortana: Is it possible to remain an application, so that it can launch with Cortana? I have an application that does not have a Cortana-friendly name and would like to give it an alias to launch with voice commands. Is this supported?...
  9. renamed iastora.sys and the system will not reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    renamed iastora.sys and the system will not reboot: My wife's Laptop (a fairly new dell) was trying to update the latest Windows version and ran into a problem with this file (iastora.sys) that is related to Intel's Rapid Storage Technology. A workaround suggested renamed the file to iastora.old. Now her system won't reboot...
  10. Rename Windows 10 system folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Rename Windows 10 system folders: Hi, All the folders less ShellExperienceHost in the following 4 folders, has been renamed. C:\Windows\SystemApps C:\Program Files\WindowsApps​ C:\Windows\InfusedApps\ C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Packages It has gone a few days, and still everything is...