Windows 10: windows system Booting up takes 2 minutes. why?

Discus and support windows system Booting up takes 2 minutes. why? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; after switching the laptop it takes 2 to 3 minutes time to boot up and also it takes some 2 minutes to settled .why it happens..... its create waste my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by sairammohan473, Jul 17, 2019.

1. windows system Booting up takes 2 minutes. why?

after switching the laptop it takes 2 to 3 minutes time to boot up and also it takes some 2 minutes to settled .why it happens..... its create waste my time.

:)

sairammohan473, Jul 17, 2019
  2. Dandel Win User

How to go about building a tri-boot system?

i dual boot all the time, and going in to tri boot is easy.

step 1) partition the drive in to 3 partitions ( leaving 1 empty for the linux installer. )
    step 2) install windows on the first 2 partitions.
    step 3) install linux, and let it auto partition the remaining space. ( i recommend at least 30gb of space for linux, because it will make things a lot easier. )

step 4) enjoy.

Dandel, Jul 17, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Wile E Win User

windows system Booting up takes 2 minutes. why?

How to go about building a tri-boot system?

Yeah, but he's throwing OS X in there. Not quite as easy to do, but not all that hard. Manual configuration of GRUB is necessary.

Wile E, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

windows system Booting up takes 2 minutes. why?

1. windows system Booting up takes 2 minutes. why? - Similar Threads - system Booting takes

2. Why does it take over 2 minutes to Clear History in Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does it take over 2 minutes to Clear History in Microsoft Edge?: Why does it take over 2 minutes to Clear History in Microsoft Edge? Microsoft Edge takes over 2 minutes to Clear History even if you cleared the history minutes ago and did not do any additional browsing. Microsoft Edge remains running in the background after closing all...
  3. Cold boot takes 2 minutes, slow motion wheel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cold boot takes 2 minutes, slow motion wheel: Almost every time after shutting down overnight and starting the computer in the morning Windows 10 loads extremely slowly with a "slow motion" (low framerate) loading wheel/spinner. Only ever happens on a cold boot after a long time being off. Apparently this started...
  4. booting up takes 4-5 minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    booting up takes 4-5 minutes: After installing windows 10 booting up takes at least 4-5 minutes which is frustrating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-up-takes-4-5-minutes/c6e90396-8c19-442f-b455-15a3aa72d7d0
  5. windows take 30 minute for start-up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows take 30 minute for start-up: Hi my pc tack up 30 minute for start I have i7 7700 + h110+hdd 750g+hdd 1t +gtx650 -- i install another windows and download new windows iso + update windows+update bios and delete all partition and check disk andThe problem still exists i open "Event...
  6. Windows 10 Restart takes 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Restart takes 2 minutes: Windows 10 build 1709 , restart takes 2-3 minutes. Boot is instant , and shutdown is instant too , only when i try to restart it takes alot to shutdown. However , if i modifi registry to ClearPageFileAtShutdown 0 (1 originally ) and waittokillservicetimeout to 1000 from...
  7. Boot up takes 2 hours!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot up takes 2 hours!: Alright so after long hours of research I have narrowed down y problem. Long story short I messed with the permissions of my C:\Windows directory and sure enough it has caused issues. Now my computer when powering on will show a light blue screen with spinning dots for hours...
  8. Windows 10 takes 1 minute to boot

Windows 10 takes 1 minute to boot: Hello everyone, I have a lenovo y50 laptop with some decent specs: (i7-4700HQ, 8 GB Ram, Gtx 860m, 1TB HDD + 8 GB SSHD [Potential Problem Cause]). The HDD is WDC WD10S21X-24R1BT0-SSHD-8GB I never remember that my laptop had better boot times than 40 seconds. Every...
  9. Wake up from sleep taking 1 - 2 minutes

Wake up from sleep taking 1 - 2 minutes: When I open the lid on my laptop the lights all come on but then it takes 1 - 2 minutes for the desktop to appear. Just a black screen. I have it set to sleep when the lid closes. I did a factory install recovery and then put on Windows 10. I have checked all the...
  10. Boot takes many minutes before loading

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot takes many minutes before loading: HP desktop I just put new hard drive in and installed Windows 10. The Windows 7 hard drive was failing, had no backup or image. Tried to access drive with USB but drive too far gone. Decided to install Windows 10 as an upgrade. After a few minor glitches like no...