Windows 10: Windows System Error Codes Reference List

Discus and support Windows System Error Codes Reference List in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Windows System Error Codes Reference List Windows System Error Codes Reference List The System Error Codes are very broad. Each one can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Windows System Error Codes Reference List

How to: Windows System Error Codes Reference List

The System Error Codes are very broad. Each one can occur in one of many hundreds of locations in the system. Consequently the descriptions of these codes cannot be very specific. Use of these codes requires some amount of investigation and analysis. You need to note both the programmatic and the run-time context in which these errors occur. Because these codes are defined in WinError.h for anyone to use, sometimes the codes are returned by non-system software. Sometimes the code is returned by a function deep in the stack and far removed from your code that is handling the error.

The following topics provide lists of system error codes. These values are defined in the WinError.h header file.
    *note The information on this page is intended to be used by programmers so that the software they write can better deal with errors. If you are an end-user that is experiencing difficulty with an application you are installing or running, contact customer support for the software that is displaying the error message.

That's it,
    Shawn

:)

Brink, Jul 7, 2018

2. The list of error codes for Windows 10 setup

FYI - The list of error codes for Windows 10 setup

Read more: http://winaero.com/blog/the-list-of-...rror0x0000005C

Cluster Head, Oct 27, 2019
  3. StefanM Win User
    Alienware R4 M290x Code 43 HELP

Advice from Microsoft: Graphics device driver error code 43

StefanM, Oct 27, 2019
  4. meloneum Win User

BIOS error codes

So I have motherboard with installed small LED screen, which presents BIOS error codes.

Where can I find a list of those errors. And I don't mean beep codes, but the "number" codes.

Ex after installing sound card, the motherboard startup fails with the code 15.

Example picture of code is here.

meloneum, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Error Code 0x80070002 Refers To Windows 7

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are getting error code 0x80070002 while performing backup on your computer. I would suggest you to refer the suggestion provided in the article mentioned below. Though this article is for Windows 7 but steps holds good for
    Windows 10 too.

Error code 0x8100002F and or error code 0x80070002 when you back up files in Windows 7

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 27, 2019
  6. linhlz Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows System Error Codes Reference List - Similar Threads - System Error Codes

2. Stop code reference by pointer error out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop code reference by pointer error out of nowhere: was just causually using my laptop when it suddenly gave me the blue screen. it started happening after i reset the pc. pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-code-reference-by-pointer-error-out-of/d1840fd9-ce78-4334-8ae4-e43b9cef9c05
  3. Constant reference by pointer stop code error on windows 10

Constant reference by pointer stop code error on windows 10: I am constantly getting a blue screen maybe 30 minutes or so after my laptop restarts again. Would appreciate any help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/constant-reference-by-pointer-stop-code-error-on/559e09b7-4822-4c0c-a444-06a3e76fe93a
  4. Constant reference by pointer stop code error on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Constant reference by pointer stop code error on windows 10: I am constantly getting a blue screen maybe 30 minutes or so after my laptop restarts again. Would appreciate any help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/constant-reference-by-pointer-stop-code-error-on/559e09b7-4822-4c0c-a444-06a3e76fe93a
  5. Constant reference by pointer stop code error on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Stop code Reference By Pointer

Stop code Reference By Pointer: I have had multiple Bluescreen of Death shutdown with stop code Reference By Pointer over the last few days. What is it and how can I fix it?Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.Thanks...
  7. System crashing with stop code reference by pointer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System crashing with stop code reference by pointer: Hello,My DELL laptop that came preloaded with Microsoft Windows 10 keeps crashing off late with the blue screen of death. The stop code that comes is reference by pointer all the time. I'm uploading the mini dump of the crashes here:...
  8. System crashing with stop code reference by pointer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System crashing with stop code reference by pointer: Hello,My DELL laptop that came preloaded with Microsoft Windows 10 keeps crashing off late with the blue screen of death. The stop code that comes is reference by pointer all the time. I'm uploading the mini dump of the crashes here:...
  9. System crashing with stop code reference by pointer

10. Stop Code Reference by Pointer

Stop Code Reference by Pointer: My computer has just crashed several times to the blue screen with stop code reference by pointer. I've managed to locate my dump files - do I need to upload them here to see why it keeps crashing?...