Windows 10: Windows system files reported as malware

Discus and support Windows system files reported as malware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I just updated my system to version 19042.844, and within Process Explorer I'm getting that one engine reports some Windows System files as... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by almirsahbaz, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Windows system files reported as malware

Hi,

I just updated my system to version 19042.844, and within Process Explorer I'm getting that one engine reports some Windows System files as malware on VirusTotal.com

Can someone on this forum test this and give me feedback about this issue?

Here is what I'm getting from Process Explorer:

Windows system files reported as malware [​IMG]

:)

almirsahbaz, Feb 25, 2021
  2. ElceeT Win User

Incorrect System Report

Thank you for your suggestion.

I have run the Windows Memory Diagnostic and the report indicated that no memory problems were detected. Status remains the same - 2GB of RAM instead of 6GB.

I do not have any obvious performance issues on this system. I have another Windows 10 installation on a secondary laptop and the system specs are reported accurately on that installation.

ElceeT, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Where's the Windows 10 compatibility report?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to get the compatibility report.

I will certainly help you with this.

Please provide the below information.

1. From which operating system you upgraded to Windows 10?

2. Did you check the desktop screen for the report?

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

Steps: If you are unable to find the file on desktop, you can try to check in the system drive.

• Press Windows key+E.

• Double click on C: drive (default system drive).

• On the top right corner in the search bar, type the compatibility file name and search

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Windows system files reported as malware

System Health Report not generating report windows 10 64 bit

Hi Brian,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if helps you.

• Press Windows key + R key to open the
      Run
      dialog.

• Type perfmon, and click on OK.

• If prompted by
      UAC
      , click/tap on Yes.

• In the left pane of Performance Monitor, click on
      Reports to expand it.

• Click on System to expand it, tap on
      System Diagnostics
      to expand it, and click on a listed dated report (ex: BRINK-PC_20140816-000001) that you want to view.
    Hope this information is helpful. Let us know how it goes, we'll be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Windows system files reported as malware

1. Windows system files reported as malware - Similar Threads - system files reported

2. Windows Defender reports malware, but cannot remove it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender reports malware, but cannot remove it.: Windows Defender reports malware, but cannot remove it. Event Viewer shows attempts, Defender "start actions" does not remove malware and a scan reveals the same threats. Event Viewer says Defender had a critical issue, throws 0x80508032.Have run FRST and have the two...
  3. Windows Defender reports malware, but cannot remove it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender reports malware, but cannot remove it.: Windows Defender reports malware, but cannot remove it. Event Viewer shows attempts, Defender "start actions" does not remove malware and a scan reveals the same threats. Event Viewer says Defender had a critical issue, throws 0x80508032.Have run FRST and have the two...
  4. Windows Defender reports malware, but cannot remove it.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows System 32 Files Infected with Trojan Malware

Windows System 32 Files Infected with Trojan Malware: Hi, I would like to ask help regarding Windows System 32 Files that were infected with Trojan Malware. Bitdefender Internet Security detected and quarantined the following: C:\Windows\System32\Maintenance.vbsInfected with:...
  6. Malware Files?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Malware Files?: Update to my other post. It got worse. Error Broker and Kernel Broker keeps reinstalling, I cant access any browsers or applications except the ones with auto startup. It says I do not have permission to open them. Files Explorer too, after some time, I get a window popup...
  7. Malware in the system

Malware in the system: Hello everyone, so, my laptop hp elitebook 840 g2 got inffected. How? I don’t know. I could be because of the sites I’ve used to learn programming from. The current state isthat I am not allowed to change many of my security settings, I have the “Virus and Threat protection...
  8. Are these files Malware?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Are these files Malware?: I woud like to know how to delete 2 files in my temp files folder and if they are dangerous. The first one is DBUtil_2_3.sys. It only shows up sometimes. The secone is CR_0EDE.tmp. They don't automa tically delete when I check all the files in the temp folder indicating I...
  9. System File Checker errors reported...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System File Checker errors reported...: I occasionally run Windows System File Checker (sfc /scannow) and for the first time, it's reported some errors. I've no idea how to interpret the results from the CBS.log, which I've attached, and wondered if someone could take a glance and enlighten me, please? Thank...
  10. System File Checker errors reported...

in Windows 10 Support
    System File Checker errors reported...: I occasionally run Windows System File Checker (sfc /scannow) and for the first time, it's reported some errors. I've no idea how to interpret the results from the CBS.log, which I've attached, and wondered if someone could take a glance and enlighten me, please? Thank...