Windows 10: Windows system files set to wrong (future) date. How do I fix?

Discus and support Windows system files set to wrong (future) date. How do I fix? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to install some software that has some licensing issues because it says my system files have the wrong date. Lo and behold, when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by i3c, Jul 8, 2019.

1. I3C
    i3c Win User

Windows system files set to wrong (future) date. How do I fix?

Hi,

I'm trying to install some software that has some licensing issues because it says my system files have the wrong date.

Lo and behold, when I check my Windows directory there are many, seemingly random, files and folders with the date 1/15/2020.

My computer's system clock is set to the correct time. I don't know how I ended up in this situation.

How can I fix it?

Thanks.

:)

2. Outlook Out of date Settings

Hello Christine,

As the above description is not clear provide additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you referring to Office Outlook (Mail client version)/ Mail app/ Windows Live Mail?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • What is the exact issues you are facing?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

If you are referring to Windows Mail app, let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any updates for Mail app in Windows Store. If found try to update the app.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type Date and Time in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Error: "Settings out of date" and unable to save the password for the app on Windows 10

Hello Christine,

As the above description is not clear provide additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you referring to Office Outlook (Mail client version)/ Mail app/ Windows Live Mail?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?

If you are referring to Windows Mail app, let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any updates for Mail app in Windows Store. If found try to update the app.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type Date and Time in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 8, 2019
  4. abrogard Win User

Win10 Copying Files With Wrong Date. Why? How to Fix?

Just copied some files from a micro sd card from a phone over onto a hard drive.

they arrived with the wrong date.

2010 !

I'm having troubles with this computer. Is this further evidence I need to do a reinstall or something?

Windows system files set to wrong (future) date. How do I fix? [​IMG]

Windows system files set to wrong (future) date. How do I fix? [​IMG]

abrogard, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows system files set to wrong (future) date. How do I fix? - Similar Threads - system files set

2. System files "Date modified" set in future

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System files "Date modified" set in future: Hi,I cannot access software tools that I need because their licensing server detects files that have the "Date modified" property set in the future, and draws the conclusion that I set the date back to extend my license. This is happening because I set the system date to be...
  3. System files "Date modified" set in future

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System files "Date modified" set in future: Hi,I cannot access software tools that I need because their licensing server detects files that have the "Date modified" property set in the future, and draws the conclusion that I set the date back to extend my license. This is happening because I set the system date to be...
  4. MOV-files with wrong date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MOV-files with wrong date: When I download files from iCloud on my windows computer to store in my file system in Windows, the MOW files always get wrong date and time. They get the time and date from the time I move them from iCloud. What is wrong?...
  5. MOV-files with wrong date

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MOV-files with wrong date: When I download files from iCloud on my windows computer to store in my file system in Windows, the MOW files always get wrong date and time. They get the time and date from the time I move them from iCloud. What is wrong?...
  6. Saving files dated in the future

Saving files dated in the future: My PC is saving files with a date 3 days in the future. My system clock is correct.... why would this be happening? :S https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-files-dated-in-the-future/062208cb-ef98-4b1c-a574-0e4315e1f33f
  7. Dates and time of saves files are wrong how do i fix it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dates and time of saves files are wrong how do i fix it?: i download files from watsapp and for some reason they are being downloaded with the wrong date and time. why is ithappening and how do i tix this problem. im using WINDOWS 10 Home edition...
  8. Wrong File date

Wrong File date: Hi, I'm facing a problem with the file's date. When I download the file I found that it shows a different date than it suppose to be. When I open the file properties Dialog Box it shows the correct date, but in the file explorer the data is wrong. Please see the below...
  9. Video date is wrong, How do I change?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video date is wrong, How do I change?: I am working on getting our photos and videos organized. We went on vacation in 2018 and took a waterproof camera. The date on the camera was not set so all of the photos and videos we took with that camera are not showing up in the right collection since the collections are...
  10. Win10 Copying Files With Wrong Date. Why? How to Fix?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Copying Files With Wrong Date. Why? How to Fix?: Just copied some files from a micro sd card from a phone over onto a hard drive. they arrived with the wrong date. 2010 ! I'm having troubles with this computer. Is this further evidence I need to do a reinstall or something? [img] [img] 120468