Windows 10: Windows System Files using nearly 500Gb of space

Discus and support Windows System Files using nearly 500Gb of space in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] This should probably be at around 48Gb, but Here it is at 488Gb. How can I reduce the space it uses? submitted by /u/JeffRabbit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JeffRabbit, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Windows System Files using nearly 500Gb of space

/u/JeffRabbit, Oct 29, 2020

2. Windows 10 System and reserved using 500GB of 1TB Storage

Why is System & reserved using nearly 500GB? This is a brand new Acer Aspire E5 laptop just unpacked, with only factory installed programs and no other new programs. or files. Factory installed Windows 10 Home. It has a 1TB hard disk storage.

What is using up the 500GB?

KevChan_20, Oct 29, 2020
  3. No space on hard drive due to system reserved patition and installer files

Hi Ruth,

The issue may occur due to corrupted system files or memory full. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• What is the exact error message?
    • Can you please provide us a screenshot of your hard drive status.

To isolate the issue, we suggest to check this article of Andre Da Costa:
    How to free up disk space in Windows
    . It contains troubleshooting steps and explanation pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows System Files using nearly 500Gb of space

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows System Files using nearly 500Gb of space

1. Windows System Files using nearly 500Gb of space - Similar Threads - System Files using

2. windows system using 423 GB of space.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows system using 423 GB of space.: Just started my new laptop and after a couple of days i noticed that my system space is taking away about 423GB for no reason. Can someone help me please?...
  3. windows system using 423 GB of space.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows system using 423 GB of space.: Just started my new laptop and after a couple of days i noticed that my system space is taking away about 423GB for no reason. Can someone help me please?...
  4. C: Drive storage space nearly full: Invisible files??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C: Drive storage space nearly full: Invisible files??: My C: drive storage is "nearly full", due to it thinking grand theft auto is installed on my C: drive. I never installed GTA onto my C drive to my knowledge, I did install it onto my D: drive and have since deleted it. I can't click the uninstall button and can't find the...
  5. System taking up 500gb of space

System taking up 500gb of space: [ATTACH] Pretty simple. Is this normal? If not what can I do to reduce the space. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-taking-up-500gb-of-space/d80b4ffd-631a-41bb-8f21-a773a1a14568
  6. System files on Windows are using too much disk space!!

System files on Windows are using too much disk space!!: I am using Windows 10 on a Surface Pro, and I have a near 120 GB in total disk space capacity, but I am currently down to less than 1 GB of storage space. My windows system files seem to be using too much space. I have tried disk clean-up and have deleted all my restore...
  7. Windows installed in HDD (1TB, 700 GB used space) , but want it in SDD (500GB)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows installed in HDD (1TB, 700 GB used space) , but want it in SDD (500GB): I got a 1TB HDD which has windows installed and is mostly used up around 700GB, and I recently found out I was never using my SSD (500GB storage) and I wanted to be able to have windows in that instead. Apparently migrating is the way but I don't have enough space to do that...
  8. Why is nearly half of my SSD space already used?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is nearly half of my SSD space already used?: Hej guys, just bought Surface Laptop 3 with 128GB SSD a couple days ago... the problem is, that I do only have 79GB of free space right out of the box.. I mean, shouldn't I have at least 100GB ? submitted by /u/abradin [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows 10 System files using 95Gb storage space after update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 System files using 95Gb storage space after update: I recently noticed last week after an update that my storage space had been reduced greatly. I do not have a windows.old folder. I ran CCleaner as well. I also check for bsod memory dumps, ran storage sense and disk cleanup [img] [img] 116382
  10. System image takes up a lot of space (500GB)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System image takes up a lot of space (500GB): I really do not know what is normal size for a system image of windows 10, but mine takes up 500 GB of 1 TB harddisk. That seems to me a little bit excessive. Is there a tool I can use to make it smaller without disrupting it. 93781

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows folder is more than 500gb on my computer