Windows 10: Windows system icons are broken. Any way to fix them?

Discus and support Windows system icons are broken. Any way to fix them? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/devanshu021 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/devanshu021, May 30, 2020.

1. Windows system icons are broken. Any way to fix them?

/u/devanshu021, May 30, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, May 30, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z Program Icon Submission

Suggestion to have an option to change Notification Area icon this way too.
    Suggestion to finally have proper separate Options window like most (all?) Windows programs do.

4. Nick_2 Win User

Windows system icons are broken. Any way to fix them?

Broken Icons Appearing

Hi Marilou Ser,

Well..

• When did the issue start?
    Well, I had it for a long time, then I was done and reinstalled Windows 10 Pro with Microsoft Update Tool. It worked fine for a short period of time. I think it appeared in 25th of July, maybe on 24th.

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    Not really. When I had it earlier, I searched in YouTube for a solution. There was a way how to solve it. Like I remember, I needed to delete "Icon cache", which was located in "%appdata%/Local", so I deleted, restarted my computer, but it didn't fix anything.

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    I think that in my case Troubleshooting won't help. Yes, I have don't some little research there and didn't find my category.

• Does it happen to all the apps icon you are trying to search?
    When I am pressing Windows button and start typing "Settings" it shows "Settings", but with a broken icon. "Settings" opens and works fine. But like I said the earlier only thing that isn't working is the icon.

Best regards.

Nick_2, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows system icons are broken. Any way to fix them?

1. Windows system icons are broken. Any way to fix them? - Similar Threads - system icons are

2. Is there any way to fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to fix this?: The websites i´m on keep reloading itself and if i´m watching something the video/episode/movie starts at the beginning. This happens a lot and its very irritating, is there any way to fix this. I have used chrome for many years and this is the first time witnessing this. I...
  3. Is there any way to fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to fix this?: The websites i´m on keep reloading itself and if i´m watching something the video/episode/movie starts at the beginning. This happens a lot and its very irritating, is there any way to fix this. I have used chrome for many years and this is the first time witnessing this. I...
  4. Is there any way to fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to fix this?: One day I was starting my laptop and this appeared! I've tried all of the troubleshooting steps but nothing works! My PC manufacturer, "ASUS" said the Windows is corrupted and they'll be needing to reset it completely to brand new! Is there any way to fix this without doing...
  5. Is there any way to fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to fix this?: One day I was starting my laptop and this appeared! I've tried all of the troubleshooting steps but nothing works! My PC manufacturer, "ASUS" said the Windows is corrupted and they'll be needing to reset it completely to brand new! Is there any way to fix this without doing...
  6. Sound System broken in a variety of ways

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound System broken in a variety of ways: I have a combination of many problems. The sound system was broken in the way that the drivers just didn't work and the Realtek Audio Manager was just missing. I fixed that so that the Realtek Audio Manager was back and I could monitor the microphone input, it all worked...
  7. Is there any way to fix this?.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there any way to fix this?.: So basically when i download i usually do 10mbs, but when i download now its 200kbs and when i do a diagnostic it says The connection between your access point, router, or cable modem and the Internet is broken. And it says this to fix it....
  8. Is there a fix to this broken icons issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a fix to this broken icons issue?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sameera__madushan_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gts0fd/is_there_a_fix_to_this_broken_icons_issue/
  9. Any way to fix this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BleedingSimonGamer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/etbmca/any_way_to_fix_this/
  10. Notification area is broken under 110% scaling. Any way to fix it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification area is broken under 110% scaling. Any way to fix it?: To better suit my monitor, I want to run my Windows 10 in 110% scaling mode, just like I did with Windows 7. When I adjust scaling to 110% everything does indeed look right (i.e. very similar to Windows 7). However, there's an obvious issue with notification area icons:...