Windows 10: Windows system menus stuck scrolling down

Discus and support Windows system menus stuck scrolling down in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows system menus upon opening automatically go all the way to the bottom of the page. I cannot perform any windows system actions. Does not occur... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RoystonEarl, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Windows system menus stuck scrolling down

Windows system menus upon opening automatically go all the way to the bottom of the page. I cannot perform any windows system actions. Does not occur in any applications other than windows system. I have reinstalled mouse drivers, used every usb port on my pc, tried a different mouse. It is an issue with windows.

:)

RoystonEarl, Jun 19, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Pedr Win User
    Scroll bar on main menu scrolls straight to last item

When I click on the scroll bar of the main windows menu (bottom left button) and start to scroll down, the scrolling then continues automatically to the last item on the list so that I can't access the others. It is as if gravity has taken charge! There is no problem with scroll bars in web windows or in Excel. I think the same problem was happening in Word last week but it is not today. I have tried following various recommended fixes including a clean boot, running Windows defender scan and switching off some mouse functions. I am no computer expert so it is possible I have perforemd all these actions correctly. Nothing has solved the problem. I've also tried a different mouse.
    Any suggestions as to what is the cause of the problem and how I might fix it would be very much appreciated. The graphics card is fairly ancient: could this be the problem?

4. Naki Win User

Windows system menus stuck scrolling down

Feature suggestions - move to proper menus, add Options window

Suggestions:
    1) Remove main menus from top left menu (system menu) and move them to a standard Windows menu, at the top.
    Leave the 6 system menu items (Restore --- Close) in system menu, move all the rest to that standard main menu. The main menu can be auto-hidable - pressing Alt key to invoke it or hide it, similar to the way IE11 menus and many Windows 10 built-in apps' menus work.

2) And/or, add an Options menu or button, which would invoke a separate screen with GPU-Z Options, similar to how most Windows apps work.
    Most Windows apps have a separate Options screen, which GPU-Z lacks - one should be added.

Thanks in advance for listening!

Thema:

Windows system menus stuck scrolling down

1. Windows system menus stuck scrolling down - Similar Threads - system menus stuck

2. Scrolling down long menus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scrolling down long menus: After one of the recent Windows updates, I find that I'm having a problem with a mission-critical app.I use a modular synth application called "VCV Rack" here in my studio. And this application, as you might imagine, has some rather long pulldown menus. However, somewhere in...
  3. Scrolling down long menus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scrolling down long menus: After one of the recent Windows updates, I find that I'm having a problem with a mission-critical app.I use a modular synth application called "VCV Rack" here in my studio. And this application, as you might imagine, has some rather long pulldown menus. However, somewhere in...
  4. Scrolling down long menus

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Scrolling in windows menus

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scrolling in windows menus: So I have a G502 mouse wired on a desktop with razer keyboard's I have updated drivers, moved USB ports, ran sfc /scannow, disabled scrolling in inactive windows moved mouse's, restarted, troubleshoot. and done complete resets. I am having the problem where in all windows...
  6. Scrolling in windows menus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scrolling in windows menus: So I have a G502 mouse wired on a desktop with razer keyboard's I have updated drivers, moved USB ports, ran sfc /scannow, disabled scrolling in inactive windows moved mouse's, restarted, troubleshoot. and done complete resets. I am having the problem where in all windows...
  7. Automatic scrolling and will not allow drop down menus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic scrolling and will not allow drop down menus: My Dell laptop has recently started automatically scrolling to the bottom of web pages as soon as I open them. I use the Edge browser that came installed when I bought the computer or I use Chrome. It happens on both browsers and it also happens when I try to open the start...
  8. Windows 10 Auto Scrolling in system menus

Windows 10 Auto Scrolling in system menus: It randomly occurred two days after I disabled my mouse from waking the computer. No scrolling occurs on websites, only in windows system menus. Keep in mind I'm an IT professional and have never seen this. I've uninstalled the mouse and keyboard drives and rebooted, I have...
  9. Scrolling down menus bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scrolling down menus bug: Hi everyone. Just wanted to report a bug and a solution. Start menu scrolling down itself, same thing in Onenote, the configuration menu etc. just as if the down touch was pressed... ! But not in Word or other things. Just with some menus. I realized my gamepad was...
  10. Windows 10 auto scrolling in system menus

Windows 10 auto scrolling in system menus: How do I restore the functionality of Windows 10 so that I can navigate and select options in system menus and they actually activate the option selection? Beginning about 2 weeks ago, randomly I could not clear the notifications from the notifications area. Rebooting seemed...