Windows 10: Windows system not recognized anymore

Discus and support Windows system not recognized anymore in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, here's the situation : I have two hard drives : C and H. The C drive used to be my main drive containing the system. One year ago, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lecotoco, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Lecotoco Win User

Windows system not recognized anymore

Hello, here's the situation :

I have two hard drives : C and H.
    The C drive used to be my main drive containing the system. One year ago, I installed Windows on my second H drive and placed all the contents of the C drive in the trash and cleared it (some could not be removed due to lack of authorization, namely 3 folders : programs, program data, program files (x86)).
    It has been working fine ever since.

When cleaning up my system yesterday, I decided to finally remove these 3 folders from the C drive. I boot up the computer from a Windows 10 installer on a USB drive and went in the command prompt to execute DISKPART and clear the C drive altogether.

When rebooting, I had the "bootmgr is missing" message, even when disconnecting the C drive from my motherboard's SATA port.

I reinstalled Windows 10 on the C drive and checked the H drive : all my data is still here, *including the system*.

Strange thing is, the latter is not recognized my either the bios ("An operating system wasn't found [...] ") or the msconfig window.

Any idea on why this was caused and how to get my initial system on H drive back up and running ?

Thanks a lot for reading and taking the time to answer !

:)

Lecotoco, Sep 13, 2017
  2. manumun Win User

Having trouble with 7.8 update for Lumia 800

Hi

It's getting worse!

After many reboots, I finally was able to boot to that "connect to usb" mode using camera key.

In this mode, Windows doesn't recognize the devide (but appears under portable devices).

Microsoft Fix It 20024 is not compatible with my system, Windows 8 x64

And now the phone, in "normal mode", is not recognized by Windows or Zune anymore!

What can I do now?

Thank you Windows system not recognized anymore :)

manumun, Sep 13, 2017
  3. Bluetoth speakers not recognized anymore

Hi,

Windows 10 1511, Harman Kardon Soundsticks Wireless, Asus Bluetooth dongle.

The system could see them right away yesterday, then I shut down the PC, booted again today and I couldn't connect the Bluetooth audio device. I unpaired, then tried to re-pair, but now the system can't even see them anymore, let alone re-pair with them.

I remember this had happened with the previous Win10 version, too, and with another Bluetooth dongle: the system could see them, pair with them, play through them (although with Microsoft's Bluetooth audio drivers it skipped so much it was unusable), but
    after a reboot it forgot about them and could never see them again.

I think it's superflous to say that these speakers work perfectly with all the three Android devices I have (different Android versions, too) and even with an old, cheap Nokia Symbian S40 phone.

Roberto Orsini, Sep 13, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Your system partition and boot files were on the drive that you wiped with the diskpart command.

You need to establish the boot files onto the other hard drive. The way you do that depends on if you have legacy BIOS or UEFI.

NavyLCDR, Sep 13, 2017
  5. Lecotoco Win User
    Thank you for your response, I have UEFI, my motherboard is an Asus P8Z68-V gen 3.

I tried to create a 500Mo EFI partition with diskpart on the H drive, but I couldn't since it is not GPR.

Lecotoco, Sep 13, 2017
  6. Lecotoco Win User
    Thank you for your response. I have UEFI, my motherboard is an Asus P8Z68-V gen 3.

EDIT: sorry for the double post, did not realise there was supposed to be a delay.

Lecotoco, Sep 13, 2017
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    The easiest way to fix your problem is going to be to make an image of the Windows partition on the "H" drive using a program such as Macrium Reflect. Store the image on the other HDD in the system. Then wipe the hard drive with Windows on it completely, and do a clean install of Windows to it. That should set up the drive with GPT partitioning and UEFI booting. Then you will boot from the Macrium Reflect rescue drive and restore the image of the original Windows partition only over the top of the clean install Windows, run the utility to Fix Windows boot problems included on the Macrium Rescue Drive.

That should set everything right.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows system not recognized anymore - Similar Threads - system recognized anymore

2. Laptop not recognizing HDMI anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not recognizing HDMI anymore: I was using my laptop normally, until it freezes and i forced it to shut down cause i couldn't even windows tab, when i turn it on again it starts updating and when now that i'm in it doesnt recognize the HDMI anymore, it doesnt appear in the device manager anymore. Tried to...
  3. Laptop not recognizing HDMI anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not recognizing HDMI anymore: I was using my laptop normally, until it freezes and i forced it to shut down cause i couldn't even windows tab, when i turn it on again it starts updating and when now that i'm in it doesnt recognize the HDMI anymore, it doesnt appear in the device manager anymore. Tried to...
  4. Laptop not recognizing HDMI anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 11 doesn't recognize it's partition anymore

Windows 11 doesn't recognize it's partition anymore: I dual booting windows. Today I was doing some cleaning up and accidentally removed some of the Windows' controll partitions. I am not sure but I think they were Microsoft LDM metadata and Microsoft Reserved. Right after that the filesystem detected the disk as a invalid. I...
  6. Windows hello doesn’t recognize realtek anymore

Windows hello doesn’t recognize realtek anymore: I have a Lenovo p15 V I am using windows hello face recognition it was working fine until it stop working couldn’t recognize me anymore. Tried to reset it and now I get a msg that says that there is no compatible device. The camera work on Skype and similar apps I was able to...
  7. Windows hello doesn’t recognize realtek anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows hello doesn’t recognize realtek anymore: I have a Lenovo p15 V I am using windows hello face recognition it was working fine until it stop working couldn’t recognize me anymore. Tried to reset it and now I get a msg that says that there is no compatible device. The camera work on Skype and similar apps I was able to...
  8. PS4 controller is not recognized anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PS4 controller is not recognized anymore: Hello, I have been playing games with PS4 controller on my computer for few years now, sometimes I needed a help of DS4widnows utility, but these days, Win10 just installed and worked with my controller just fine without any need of interference. Today after a month time off...
  9. windows does not recognize my mouse anymore

windows does not recognize my mouse anymore: Got this message after a couple of weeks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-does-not-recognize-my-mouse-anymore/d1ece2af-af26-4b6b-adf5-24a482ea67d3
  10. Windows doesn't recognize USB-Device anymore

Windows doesn't recognize USB-Device anymore: Hi guys :-) I'm new to this forum and would appriciate your help very much. * Due to Malware on my laptop I needed to reinstall Windows (8.1). Before, I had no problems with running an Audio 8 DJ ASIO soundcard. After the re-installation, Windows didn't recognize it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows not recognized anymore