Windows 10: Windows system partitions wierdness

Discus and support Windows system partitions wierdness in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 version 2004 [img] My SSD (D: drive) used to have ~900GB of space, a few months ago I tried to dual boot linux mint with windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IamaGun, Oct 2, 2020.

1. IamaGun Win User

Windows system partitions wierdness

Windows 10 version 2004

Windows system partitions wierdness [​IMG]

My SSD (D: drive) used to have ~900GB of space, a few months ago I tried to dual boot linux mint with windows 10 however after hours of attempts it would not boot to linux and would only boot to windows. I deleted linux mint by formatting the partition it was stored on (the unallocated one) however when I attempted to merge it back with the rest of my SSD it refused as the 512 MB Healthy EFI system partition is between them. How can I fix this?

:)

IamaGun, Oct 2, 2020
  2. IamaGun Win User

Windows 10 version 2004

Windows system partitions wierdness [​IMG]

My SSD (D: drive) used to have ~900GB of space, a few months ago I tried to dual boot linux mint with windows 10 however after hours of attempts it would not boot to linux and would only boot to windows. I deleted linux mint by formatting the partition it was stored on (the unallocated one) however when I attempted to merge it back with the rest of my SSD it refused as the 512 MB Healthy EFI system partition is between them. How can I fix this?

IamaGun, Oct 2, 2020
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Oct 2, 2020
  4. Windows system partitions wierdness

Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Windows system partitions wierdness partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows system partitions wierdness - Similar Threads - system partitions wierdness

2. Windows acting wierd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows acting wierd: Hello i have a problem with windows. System start acting wierd after i switch from intelcore duo quad q9560 to amdryzen 5 1600. It completly freeze sometimes and i cant search in windows start or open apps or even turn off the system. But i can operate with programs or games...
  3. Windows acting wierd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows acting wierd: Hello i have a problem with windows. System start acting wierd after i switch from intelcore duo quad q9560 to amdryzen 5 1600. It completly freeze sometimes and i cant search in windows start or open apps or even turn off the system. But i can operate with programs or games...
  4. Windows acting wierd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows is acting wierd

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows is acting wierd: So i just start up my pc and i notice when i put the cursor on the taskbar it shows the loading cursor,i tried open the task manager and nothing showed,i tried right clicking for refresh and nothing happened,when i wanna click on apps on desktop once it usually shows like...
  6. System partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System partition: I was doing a clean installation of windows 10 on my laptop and at the hard drive partitioning only 100mb was allocated for my system. I still continue the process and now i'm stuck at "getting ready" portion of installation. I read somewhere that the system partition should...
  7. Move system partition to system reserve partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move system partition to system reserve partition: I had just install a new m.2 NVMe card yesterday and had cloned my primary drive over to the m.2. It was working wonderfully and was booting up okay then I had decided to clear the original primary drive. I had then tried updating windows from settings and when it tried to...
  8. Windows Wierd Sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Wierd Sound: My WINDOWS 10 is making a sound like turning on a xbox one, and its kinda anoying, if anyone can help me, please write down bellow! Thank you very much! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-wierd-sound/0e29cf4c-748a-4f95-bba8-bf9f18419b29
  9. Move system partition to system reserve partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Move system partition to system reserve partition: I had just install a new m.2 NVMe card yesterday and had cloned my primary drive over to the m.2. It was working wonderfully and was booting up okay then I had decided to clear the original primary drive. I had then tried updating windows from settings and when it tried to...
  10. Windows system partitions wierdness

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows system partitions wierdness: Windows 10 version 2004 [img] My SSD (D: drive) used to have ~900GB of space, a few months ago I tried to dual boot linux mint with windows 10 however after hours of attempts it would not boot to linux and would only boot to windows. I deleted linux mint by formatting the...