Windows 10: Windows system recovery fails due to AppxPackage on a Windows with disabled Microsoft Store

Discus and support Windows system recovery fails due to AppxPackage on a Windows with disabled Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I am using Windows 10 in a company where the Microsoft Store is disabled. I recently installed an AppxPackage (Linux Subsystem for Windows, using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by droidizer, Nov 25, 2019.

1. droidizer Win User

Windows system recovery fails due to AppxPackage on a Windows with disabled Microsoft Store

Hi,

I am using Windows 10 in a company where the Microsoft Store is disabled. I recently installed an AppxPackage (Linux Subsystem for Windows, using Add-AppxPackage in PowerShell) and now i am trying to do a system recovery. But this recovery fails every time due to not being able to access "%ProgramFiles%/WindowsApps" with error code 0x80070005. It seems like the recovery tries to change contents due to some changes by the AppxPackage, but fails to access it. Is there any other way to do the system recovery? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Things i already tried:

Starting system recovery from safe mode.

Multiple different saved points of the system recovery.

Uninstalling the AppxPackage prior to system recovery.

Running "sfc /scannow".

Thanks Windows system recovery fails due to AppxPackage on a Windows with disabled Microsoft Store :)

:)

droidizer, Nov 25, 2019
  2. OneMoar Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Remove-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF1, Package was not found.
    Windows cannot remove Microsoft.3DBuilder_10.0.0.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe because the current user does not have that
    package installed. Use Get-AppxPackage to see the list of packages installed.
    yea its saying it can't find the package here is the output from getxapp package

OneMoar, Nov 25, 2019
  3. OneMoar Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

@W1zzard looks like the hashing/version is different on some systems
    this syntax works better
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *3d* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *bing* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *solit* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *people* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *zune* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *photos* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *phone* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *communi* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    someone already compiled all the tweaks listed into a handy choice driven .cmd file
    you can get that from here
    [Script] Windows 10 TNBT (The next big Tweak) v6.5.6 -official thread-

OneMoar, Nov 25, 2019
  4. Windows system recovery fails due to AppxPackage on a Windows with disabled Microsoft Store

Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows system recovery fails due to AppxPackage on a Windows with disabled Microsoft Store

1. Windows system recovery fails due to AppxPackage on a Windows with disabled Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - system recovery fails

2. Windows Recovery Failing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Recovery Failing: Currently, I'm having trouble full resetting my PC. I wanted to play the new MWII Remastered Beta when I realized my Windows updates haven't been installed, for the past two years that I've done "Update and Shutdown" they've never actually updated. I've tried to run SFC...
  3. 8.1 System Recovery FAILS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    8.1 System Recovery FAILS: Still getting jerked around hard & heavy by Win 8.1* [so-called] System RecoveryWhen Advanced asks for Install/Recovery media, BOTH original Win8 disk AND Win 8.1 ISO download burned to DVDprompt Error ".. not valid media.." WTH??So ... Precisely WHERE is that "valid media"**...
  4. 8.1 System Recovery FAILS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    8.1 System Recovery FAILS: Still getting jerked around hard & heavy by Win 8.1* [so-called] System RecoveryWhen Advanced asks for Install/Recovery media, BOTH original Win8 disk AND Win 8.1 ISO download burned to DVDprompt Error ".. not valid media.." WTH??So ... Precisely WHERE is that "valid media"**...
  5. recovery failed, system image failed, reinstall failed,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recovery failed, system image failed, reinstall failed,: ok so i have a asus z97a motherboard , i54690k CPU .i went to overclock it and it started saying that there was an issue with my framework, i cant remember the exact error i got , i tried to reinstall the 3.5 framework and it wouldn't install so i did a restore on my computer...
  6. recovery failed, system image failed, reinstall failed,

recovery failed, system image failed, reinstall failed,: ok so i have a asus z97a motherboard , i54690k CPU .i went to overclock it and it started saying that there was an issue with my framework, i cant remember the exact error i got , i tried to reinstall the 3.5 framework and it wouldn't install so i did a restore on my computer...
  7. recovery failed, system image failed, reinstall failed,

8. Windows Recovery fails

Windows Recovery fails: Hi. After recent problems with my PC stuck in a loop of blue screen crashes and not retaining any document changes, I finally opted to try a fresh wipe and recover from the USB Recovery I created. Unfortunately, Windows 10 fails after 1%, informing me that recovery is not...
  9. System restore failed due to an update residue in windows 10

System restore failed due to an update residue in windows 10: Hello guys , I have a problem that login user and password box isn't showing up. So, I thought that a system restore would help. But then another problem poped-up. Please help me...
  10. Windows AppxPackage Question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows AppxPackage Question: Hi all, hoping to get some light shined on the AppxPackage from Windows. I recently made a "slight error" with the registry and my start menu gave me an error upon booting, someone on Google suggested I run the Appxpackage on Windows Powershell and I did; problem solved. I...